Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good 27+ monitor ?

Options
  • 28-05-2018 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭

FOlks

Thanks for any assistance. Whats a decent 27'' monitor for around 250-300 at the moment.

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

trellheim wrote: »
    FOlks

Thanks for any assistance. Whats a decent 27'' monitor for around 250-300 at the moment.

T

Don't go above 27" at that (or indeed any) price point unless you're sitting quite a ways back or going for an Ultrawide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭trellheim

Don't go above 27" at that (or indeed any) price point unless you're sitting quite a ways back or going for an Ultrawide.

Why ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have one of these a HannsG HQ272PPB. 27", IPS 1440p and VESA mount. I find it great and a bargain at under £200. I'm seriously considering a second one. It's got speakers built in as well but they're shíte so I don't bother with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Why ?

They're actually too big, especially for gaming. You'll also end up with a glorified telly at that price point instead of a pretty decent 27" 1440p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd agree that 27" 1440P is the best for an actual desk. Anything bigger and you end up having to literally scan the screen, which is awful for trying to play games.

Would be OK for sitting back in a chair playing with a controller, or for media use. This gets great reviews and unbeatable price.

But if gaming's involved, stick with 27".

• Advertisement

Its largely for a decent screen off the laptop so some gaming but lots of typical office productivity and email in a study environment.

TF
    That link you posted is for a 31.5 monitor ! lol

PS Thank you for the responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

TF
    That link you posted is for a 31.5 monitor ! lol

Yes, because you questioned why you shouldn't go above 27", which implied you might want something bigger! :)

But I'd agree, again, that 27" is ideal for a desktop setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I have a dell s2417dg and it's plenty big enough for my needs. It supports 1440p and 144hz rr. It is a TN but it's a dam good one, plenty ways to manage and tweak the colour profiles. The viewing angles are very good and no dead pixels. :).

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

It's a bit over your budget, but I have and recommend the Benq 27inch IPS 1440p monitor.

I have one of these a HannsG HQ272PPB. 27", IPS 1440p and VESA mount. I find it great and a bargain at under £200. I'm seriously considering a second one. It's got speakers built in as well but they're shíte so I don't bother with them.

Followup - I bought one of this plus the telescopic arm that Amazon flogs with them. This is a superb monitor for that price. Great recommendation, many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Followup - I bought one of this plus the telescopic arm that Amazon flogs with them. This is a superb monitor for that price. Great recommendation, many thanks

You're welcome. It dropped to £180 on Amazon so I ended up buying a second one. I have the two of them mounted on one of those arms as well. It's a great setup. I just need to tidy my cables up a bit more and hide them better

Advertisement