Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

blackcard wrote: »
    Of the matches that I attended, no team played with a sweeper which was surprisingly considering that all were wind affected. No running off the shoulder either. As stated above, Dicksboro had a puckout strategy whilst a few of the teams were definitely attempting to play quality ball into the forwards
    i was suprised not to see the village with a sweeper beacuse usually cheddar sets up his teams with a sweeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Neewollah wrote: »
    Did Ken Coogan start corner back for Tullaroan?

Yes Ken Coogan played most of the game corner back and also wing back

suprised to read on the kilkenny people that kk are back in this week for a couple of sessions.Maybe most counties go back in the off week but suprised it was on the paper.it also says they hope to have buckley ready for the leinster campaign.Huw lawlor should also be back for the next olg match.Still no word on delaneys suspension

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

brookville wrote: »
    suprised to read on the kilkenny people that kk are back in this week for a couple of sessions.Maybe most counties go back in the off week but suprised it was on the paper.it also says they hope to have buckley ready for the leinster campaign.Huw lawlor should also be back for the next olg match.Still no word on delaneys suspension

Delaney fractured his ankle against Danesfort, so will be out for a couple of months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

I thought there was a hearing on both players this week Delany, Harnnady, .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Delaney fractured his ankle against Danesfort, so will be out for a couple of months

He got a plate inserted today and expected to be out for 10 to 12 weeks

Comerman wrote: »
    He got a plate inserted today and expected to be out for 10 to 12 weeks

James Maher and Conner Delany will be two big loses the best of luck to both of them keep the fingers crossed we will have no more casualties.

Joe Daly wrote: »
    James Maher and Conner Delany will be two big loses the best of luck to both of them keep the fingers crossed we will have no more casualties.

We struggling massively for midfielders and backs. 2 big losses for the Leinster championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

I saw Conor Delaney limping off in the second half of the Comer v Danesfort game. Richie Hogan had left the pitch on the first half, which John Knox reported on but never mentioned Delaney.

What a shame with James Maher gone also. Best of luck to them both in their recovery.

As I said in a previous post, we can't afford to be writing players off. They're living in the shadows of former greats, which can be difficult. They give their best and need support, not unfair criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,396 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Grats wrote: »
    As I said in a previous post, we can't afford to be writing players off. They're living in the shadows of former greats, which can be difficult. They give their best and need support, not unfair criticism.

Where in the last few pages have posters been giving 'unfair criticism'? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Where in the last few pages have posters been giving 'unfair criticism'? :confused::confused:

To clarify, not very many posters at all - one in particular never let's up on a number of players.

delaney and maher will be two losses especially delaney who was being groomed for full back.That leaves joey or maybe deegan at 3 id probably go with joey.Hopefully buckly will be back but its going to be a big ask thrown in against dublin.Thanfully hogan was only a precaution but he'll probably be only used sparingly this year.
    i read yesterday that maybe kevin kelly could be used out around mid field because he hasnt the pace for inside and he has a good head he could be an option out around there.
    no matter what way you look at it theres a lot of ifs and buts heading into the dublin match.my team as it stands and hoping no more injuries
    murphy
    murphy,joey,deegan
    fogarty,padraig,morrisey
    kelly,leahy
    wally,tj,mullen
    donnelly,colin,aylward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Jesus there's no way I'd throw Kelly out midfield

delaney and maher will be two losses especially delaney who was being groomed for full back.That leaves joey or maybe deegan at 3 id probably go with joey.Hopefully buckly will be back but its going to be a big ask thrown in against dublin.Thanfully hogan was only a precaution but he'll probably be only used sparingly this year.
    i read yesterday that maybe kevin kelly could be used out around mid field because he hasnt the pace for inside and he has a good head he could be an option out around there.
    no matter what way you look at it theres a lot of ifs and buts heading into the dublin match.my team as it stands and hoping no more injuries
    murphy
    murphy,joey,deegan
    fogarty,padraig,morrisey
    kelly,leahy
    wally,tj,mullen
    donnelly,colin,aylward

You would wonder if Kelly has not the pace for an inside forward who he would work mid field where he has to cover more ground may be I might be wrong.

murphy
    murphy,joey,deegan
    fogarty,padraig,morrisey
    kelly,leahy
    wally,tj,mullen
    donnelly,colin,aylward

You would wonder if Kelly has not the pace for an inside forward who he would work mid field where he has to cover more ground may be I might be wrong.
    maybe you are right but fogarty hadnt the pace for corner back and worked at midfield.i think cody has good time for him and would like to fit him into the team.He hasnt being great since he came back from injury tho...its hard to know..i was talking to a ballyhale lad involved at the clara match who said darren mullen is having hamstring trouble the last year unlikely he'll be able to make an impression in with the county unless he tries richie reid in the half back line i thought he was very good two years ago for the shamrocks but wasnt as good this campaign although he had a good club all ireland....i wonder did anyone get called up after the round of club matches

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

maybe you are right but fogarty hadnt the pace for corner back and worked at midfield.i think cody has good time for him and would like to fit him into the team.He hasnt being great since he came back from injury tho...its hard to know..i was talking to a ballyhale lad involved at the clara match who said darren mullen is having hamstring trouble the last year unlikely he'll be able to make an impression in with the county unless he tries richie reid in the half back line i thought he was very good two years ago for the shamrocks but wasnt as good this campaign although he had a good club all ireland....i wonder did anyone get called up after the round of club matches

I was at the st pats v rower match and thought kevin kelly was one of the best players on the pitch and a long way ahead of leahy who also played well, I know county level is different but def worth a try around midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I said before that Kevin Kelly is much better suited to out the field. I think he's worth a try there at county level. That said there is another at St Patrick's who is more suited to a third midfielder role if it is being considered, Michael Brennan is a very clever player and performs that role very well for the club when played there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

I thought there was a hearing on both players this week Delany, Harnnady, .

Both bans overturned, not that it matters now anyway.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I said before that Kevin Kelly is much better suited to out the field. I think he's worth a try there at county level. That said there is another at St Patrick's who is more suited to a third midfielder role if it is being considered, Michael Brennan is a very clever player and performs that role very well for the club when played there.
    michael was in early last year but i agree his also a smart hurler.
    kevin has had some great matches at club level i remember him giving a exhibition against tullaron a few years ago in the semi final.unfortunately he hasnt transferred that to inter county although he has being injured alot over the last 2 years hopefully he can stay injury free for the rest of the year.He definitely has the ability but i thought he lacked aggression in the few league matches but he has being out a lot hopefully he will gets into the groove.

• Advertisement

A couple of players that developed with a change of position was Cha Fitz, Cillian Buckley, and the above mentioned Conner Fogarty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭blackcard

murphy
    murphy,joey,deegan
    fogarty,padraig,morrisey
    kelly,leahy
    wally,tj,mullen
    donnelly,colin,aylward
    Billy Ryan will surely start, maybe at the expense of Donnelly

blackcard wrote: »
    murphy
    murphy,joey,deegan
    fogarty,padraig,morrisey
    kelly,leahy
    wally,tj,mullen
    donnelly,colin,aylward
    Billy Ryan will surely start, maybe at the expense of Donnelly
    yea your probably right.
    im afraid we might have to go back to padraig at 3 its doubtfull huw will be put in at 3 after missing so much game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭conor05

yea your probably right.
    im afraid we might have to go back to padraig at 3 its doubtfull huw will be put in at 3 after missing so much game time.

Agree Billy Ryan will defo start. Tall, strong in the air, very pacy and can score.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Murphy
    Murphy lawlor/joey Deegan
    Padraig fogarty Morrissey
    Blanch Leahy
    Wally TJ Donnelly
    Aylward Colin B Ryan

Maybe Wally in MF !!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

The Delaney, Hogan, Maher and Darren Mullen injuries are certainly big blows and will mean more reshuffling. Hopefully Buckley is back but will be hard to come straight back in championship. Few lads showed abit of form last week while others struggled. As of now the team I’d play is:

Murphy
    Murphy Joey deegan
    Walsh Buckley Reid
    Leahy Fogerty
    Wally TJ Mullen
    Ryan Colin Blanch.

No matter what team is picked there’s gonna be a few risks. Hopefully we can stay injury free now and obviously hopefully the injured lads recover fully.

The_Ghost wrote: »
    The Delaney, Hogan, Maher and Darren Mullen injuries are certainly big blows and will mean more reshuffling. Hopefully Buckley is back but will be hard to come straight back in championship. Few lads showed abit of form last week while others struggled. As of now the team I’d play is:

Murphy
    Murphy Joey deegan
    Walsh Buckley Reid
    Leahy Fogerty
    Wally TJ Mullen
    Ryan Colin Blanch.

No matter what team is picked there’s gonna be a few risks. Hopefully we can stay injury free now and obviously hopefully the injured lads recover fully.
    i wonder could we see someone like jason cleere at 6?
    from our last championship match which was against limerick we look set to be down rob lennon,buckley,maher,hogan and pat lyng who is no longer part of the panel.Conor delaney also not available.

from our last championship match which was against limerick we look set to be down rob lennon,buckley,maher,hogan and pat lyng who is no longer part of the panel.Conor delaney also not available.

Its all about a big panel now this game against the Dubs is a major match its in the park Cody will not wont to be beaten in the park by anybody in a championship match . If they are not up for this one its going to be a quiet summer.

Its all about a big panel now this game against the Dubs is a major match its in the park Cody will not wont to be beaten in the park by anybody in a championship match . If they are not up for this one its going to be a quiet summer.
    yea i agree this is a huge match we really need to win this.Its just theres a lot of the jigsaw to be put together but i wouldnt be suprised to see buckley start.this is the match they had in mind for his return thankfully no set backs and hopefully no fresh injuries to anyone else.

• Advertisement

yea i agree this is a huge match we really need to win this.Its just theres a lot of the jigsaw to be put together but i wouldnt be suprised to see buckley start.this is the match they had in mind for his return thankfully no set backs and hopefully no fresh injuries to anyone else.

Massive ask for Buckley to play. By all accounts he has not trained or played in 6 months. If he has any chance of playing he will need to play club championship next week. If he is not up to that then he should not be considered against Dublin 3 weeks later. No way can a player in the modern day game fit 6 months of non contact collective training into 3 weeks collective training. It would be a desperate act by Cody

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement