Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Against a running game you simply work hard and clise diwn as 1.just like the press in soccer.fact they have won 2 games by a pt should give the selectors plenty to work on as its likely they will play 1 of dublin or wexford again.offaly no mugs this year despite losing both games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

blackcard wrote: »
    Very, very disappointing performance by Kilkenny minors today despite beating Wx by 3-13 to 2-15. Wx were 5 points ahead when they had a player sent off for an off the ball incident after 20 minutes. Kilkenny forwards scored 4 points from play whilst it looked like Wx had 2 extra men. KK hadn't a clue how to manage Wx running play, we are totally being left behind in this aspect of hurling. Can't see KK going far based on today

It was a baffling red card. It actually wasn't off the ball, wexford corner back was tackling his opponent and play went on and then went out for a sideline. The linesman then told the ref that the wexford chap pulled the face guard and that was what the red card was for. Complete incidental contact whilst defending, he did indeed touch off his opponents face guard, but it certainly wasn't deliberate nor dangerous. Really, really odd call that affected the game hugely.

From a wexford point of view, to play 40 mins a man down and only lose by a point, it's not bad. Whether or not wexford will push on from today is another thing, but as you point out, they did look the better side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

bruschi wrote: »
    It was a baffling red card. It actually wasn't off the ball, wexford corner back was tackling his opponent and play went on and then went out for a sideline. The linesman then told the ref that the wexford chap pulled the face guard and that was what the red card was for. Complete incidental contact whilst defending, he did indeed touch off his opponents face guard, but it certainly wasn't deliberate nor dangerous. Really, really odd call that affected the game hugely.

From a wexford point of view, to play 40 mins a man down and only lose by a point, it's not bad. Whether or not wexford will push on from today is another thing, but as you point out, they did look the better side.
    yeah that's pretty much how I saw I too, linesman in question should be ashamed of himself. Both teams will more than likely make leinster semi final so possibility they could meet there or leinster final. Taught cian molloy was excellent and richie lawlor very good too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Brennan
    Murphy
    Holden
    Walsh T
    Walsh P
    Deegan
    Cleere
    Leahy
    Fogarty
    Reid
    Alyward
    Walsh
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Blanchfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I see a Zach Bay Hammond on the Kilkenny minors. Another addition to the pantheon of great Gaa names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Must be feck all to discuss in Tipp hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I see a Zach Bay Hammond on the Kilkenny minors. Another addition to the pantheon of great Gaa names.

Legends must begin somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Fairly sure he's just pointing out his name is cool as ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Brennan
    Murphy
    Holden
    Walsh T
    Walsh P
    Deegan
    Cleere
    Leahy
    Fogarty
    Reid
    Alyward
    Walsh
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Blanchfield
    Brennan
    Murphy
    Holden
    Walsh T
    Walsh P
    Deegan
    Cleere
    Leahy
    Fogarty
    Reid
    Alyward
    Walsh
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Blanchfield
    Despite missing 5 or 6 regulars this isn't a bad team.Id say this will be close to the starting 15 with maybe a few positional changes.Maybe enda morrisey or conor browne might be near the starting in defence and hopefully hogan will be able get a run out in attack.Hopefully we wont pick up any more injuries over the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

we have a young lad playing corner back on the clare minor team called storim devaney , better again i am told the name storim translated in slovenian roughly means "i got this"

a fantastic name for a hurler , sadly i cant get donald trump and his mistress out of my head every time i hear the name mentioned :rolleyes:

Brilliant name, that's all, people take offense very easily. Sounds like a running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers or some Australian surf champion. Best hurler name since Zane Keenan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tcjimmy

Brilliant name, that's all, people take offense very easily. Sounds like a running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers or some Australian surf champion. Best hurler name since Zane Keenan.

What about Latouche-Cosgrove from Limerick ?

tcjimmy wrote: »
    What about Latouche-Cosgrove from Limerick ?

Bond villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Lyndon Fairbrother from Tipp too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Paddy Ruschitzko.

Condolences to the stapleton family on the sad passing of Amanda Stapleton.

The fundraiser between kilkenny and tipperary in borrisoleigh last November was to aid Amanda with her care and treatment.

Always tragic for someone to pass away at such a young age.

Condolences to the stapleton family on the sad passing of Amanda Stapleton.

The fundraiser between kilkenny and tipperary in borrisoleigh last November was to aid Amanda with her care and treatment.

Always tragic for someone to pass away at such a young age.
    RIP Amanda

Went to buy tickets for Ardan De Gras today for Saturday and there's none available in Super Value or on the gaa website, would it be sold out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Comerman wrote: »
    Went to buy tickets for Ardan De Gras today for Saturday and there's none available in Super Value or on the gaa website, would it be sold out already?

Seems to be, or at least until yourselves and ourselves use season tickets or county passes by Thursday evening (for Parnell tickets anyway.)

If all ST and PP users don't take allocation by then, I imagine left overs be put on general sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

Comerman wrote: »

I got family thickets for ardan de gras just after lunch on the gaa website.

kk.man wrote: »
    I got family thickets for ardan de gras just after lunch on the gaa website.
    There is no option there now for Ardan De Gras

Looking forward to it. Theres always a good buzz around the town for the Saturday evening games. Have a feeling it will be a real dog fight though and the bookies may be a bit generous giving the Dubs a 3 point head start on the betting.

As a netural I see this as a real 50/50 game given injuries etc. Draw wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Looking forward to travellinf down on saturday.great night last year v wex and 13 v tipp.hope players can stand up and take it on.

Anyone hear joey holden could be a doubt for this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Looking forward to travellinf down on saturday.great night last year v wex and 13 v tipp.hope players can stand up and take it on.
    Going to be home for the Wexford match this year, but really regretting missing this match, Saturday night in the park is a fantastic event.

Very nervous of this match now, though that home advantage will be a big one. Lots of players with a point to prove as well.

Going to be home for the Wexford match this year, but really regretting missing this match, Saturday night in the park is a fantastic event.

Very nervous of this match now, though that home advantage will be a big one. Lots of players with a point to prove as well.

Nerves kicking in here too, cant wait to see if Cody will unleash the Mullens from Ballyhale or save them for a big occasion like Walter in the All Ireland Final.

We need the forwards to up their game and support TJ and Walter, There is a savior there somewhere but who wants to stand up and be counted. Im fed up of seeing aimless wides / no where runs / dwelling on posession for that extra moment for the last few years, this is our chance, this championship structure will leave all those in Munster flog the sh1te out of each other for a few weeks and we can wait in the long grass to see them in July!

Joey and luke scanlon both reported out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bamayang

Silly question, but first time with a season ticket. What do i need to do for Sunday? Do you buy a ticket and get refunded or just show season ticket at the stadium?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement