Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

bamayang wrote: »
    Silly question, but first time with a season ticket. What do i need to do for Sunday? Do you buy a ticket and get refunded or just show season ticket at the stadium?

They just scan it at the new stand no need to buy a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

ang;110127995"]Silly question, but first time with a season ticket. What do i need to do for Sunday? Do you buy a ticket and get refunded or just show season ticket at the stadium?[/quote just show it at the season ticket turnstile.they will scan it there.my first year without 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Silly question, but first time with a season ticket. What do i need to do for Sunday? Do you buy a ticket and get refunded or just show season ticket at the stadium?

You should have getting an email last week out lining the details for the four up coming matches next Saturday night I think there is no charge for season ticket holders first round cards will be used for all matches it will be scanned at the designated stiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Come to Ardan De Grace and you will see 4 turnstiles marked for season tickets.
    Your card will be scanned there.

With joey out now aswell our back line is seriously going to be tested with all the injuries and its going to be a tall order beating dublin.
    We might see deegan at full back and lawlor at center back and darren brennan in goal which will be a whole new spine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What injury does Joey have?

What injury does Joey have?

Hamstring himself and scanlon

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

What you "need to do for Sunday" is not come on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Brennan
    Murphy
    Walsh
    Walsh
    Browne
    Deegan
    Fogarty
    Leahy
    Blanchfield
    TJ
    Alyward
    Walter
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Donnelly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Tickets available again for ardan de gras folks. (whatever that was all about)

• Advertisement

SteJer wrote: »
    Brennan
    Murphy
    Walsh
    Walsh
    Browne
    Deegan
    Fogarty
    Leahy
    Blanchfield
    TJ
    Alyward
    Walter
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Donnelly

This will probably be near our starting team.Enda morrissey,the mullens,kevin kelly and hopefully get something into richie hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

SteJer wrote: »
    Brennan
    Murphy
    Walsh
    Walsh
    Browne
    Deegan
    Fogarty
    Leahy
    Blanchfield
    TJ
    Alyward
    Walter
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Donnelly
    Agree with Brookville, I think Enda Morrissey will be in there, probably in place of Donnelly in the above, with Blanch to the FF line and Fogarty into mf, giving

Brennan
    Murphy
    Walsh
    Walsh
    Browne
    Deegan
    Morrissey
    Fogarty
    Leahy
    TJ
    Alyward
    Walter
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Blanchfield

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Adrian Mullen start, possibly instead of Aylward or Fennelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Kilkenny to win and by at least six.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Agree with Brookville, I think Enda Morrissey will be in there, probably in place of Donnelly in the above, with Blanch to the FF line and Fogarty into mf, giving

Brennan
    Murphy
    Walsh
    Walsh
    Browne
    Deegan
    Morrissey
    Fogarty
    Leahy
    TJ
    Alyward
    Walter
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Blanchfield

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Adrian Mullen start, possibly instead of Aylward or Fennelly.

Still an experienced enough team to send to championship. with 6/7 lads over the 27/28 age group. Big game for lads like Deegan, Leahy, Morrissey and Blanchfield. Potential leaders of the team in 2/3 years. Massive match Saturday for the year ahead. A loss with a poor performance would be very hard to come back from. I do think Kilkenny at home in the Championship will swing it and i expect Kilkenny to win with the forward line stepping up.
    I would fear for that half back line mentioned. Winning Kilkenny teams always had very strong half back lines i hope the 3 mentioned Saturday can do similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Brennan
    Murphy
    Lawlor
    Morrissey
    Fogarty
    Walsh
    Reid
    Blanchfield
    Browne
    TJ
    Walter
    Leahy
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Donnelly

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

I don't think Brennan is a guarantee to start in goals, I think it's 50/50 between himself and Richie Reid, Brennan struggled with injury during the league and I had heard he was still having niggly problems upto a few weeks ago, hopefully he is ready to go.

I think Paddy Deegan will be full back, 6 is harder to call, would like to see P Walsh but wouldnt be surprised to see Jason Cleere maybe? If Deegan is 6, P Walsh will be 3 id reckon.

8-15 is hard to call, although I reckon we could see Walter play midfield.

I don't think Brennan is a guarantee to start in goals, I think it's 50/50 between himself and Richie Reid, Brennan struggled with injury during the league and I had heard he was still having niggly problems upto a few weeks ago, hopefully he is ready to go.

I think Paddy Deegan will be full back, 6 is harder to call, would like to see P Walsh but wouldnt be surprised to see Jason Cleere maybe? If Deegan is 6, P Walsh will be 3 id reckon.

8-15 is hard to call, although I reckon we could see Walter play midfield.

I think u could be spot on there is talks of deegan and 3 and lawlor at 6 and also talk of wally mf.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭droppingball

Very hard to pick the team with all the injuries and not knowing how training is going.

If the Mullen are starting I would be a little more confident. If Adrian is starting I hope it is half forward and not in corner, cody tends to start young forwards in the corner which I don't think suits Adrian.

If Dublin drop a forward to midfield and let Sean Moran sweep, i think paddy Deegan would be our best man to sweep and start attacks from the back. Darren Mullen would also be a good man to start corner back but that will come down to how training went.

O Donnell at full back is very strong for Dublin so hoping fennelly could give him a rough day, I'd like to see Billy Ryan and Colin inside with Walter named full but wondering a bit leaving room for the other two and also making sure Sean Moran hasn't all the time in the world picking up loose ball.

Mullen, TJ on wings with blanch hopefully causing trouble.

So I would like to see

Brennan
    Murphy Lawlor, D Mullen
    Walsh, Deegan, E Morrissey
    Leahy, Fogarty
    A Mullen, Blanch, TJ
    Walter
    B Ryan Colin

The starting backs is a lottery with all the injuries. It would be big ask for Lawlor at full but I think Deegan will be spare based on Dublin tactics so he will have plenty of help with Rushe if needs be.

We will need someone to mark Sutcliffe tightly as well.

50 50 game for me. But think if we stop Dublin scoring goals I think we will have enough to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Very hard to pick the team with all the injuries and not knowing how training is going.

If the Mullen are starting I would be a little more confident. If Adrian is starting I hope it is half forward and not in corner, cody tends to start young forwards in the corner which I don't think suits Adrian.

If Dublin drop a forward to midfield and let Sean Moran sweep, i think paddy Deegan would be our best man to sweep and start attacks from the back. Darren Mullen would also be a good man to start corner back but that will come down to how training went.

O Donnell at full back is very strong for Dublin so hoping fennelly could give him a rough day, I'd like to see Billy Ryan and Colin inside with Walter named full but wondering a bit leaving room for the other two and also making sure Sean Moran hasn't all the time in the world picking up loose ball.

Mullen, TJ on wings with blanch hopefully causing trouble.

So I would like to see

Brennan
    Murphy Lawlor, D Mullen
    Walsh, Deegan, E Morrissey
    Leahy, Fogarty
    A Mullen, Blanch, TJ
    Walter
    B Ryan Colin

The starting backs is a lottery with all the injuries. It would be big ask for Lawlor at full but I think Deegan will be spare based on Dublin tactics so he will have plenty of help with Rushe if needs be.

We will need someone to mark Sutcliffe tightly as well.

50 50 game for me. But think if we stop Dublin scoring goals I think we will have enough to win.
    Any forward 6 we pick us better than anything dublin have.so even with our injuries,nowlan pk on a saturday night has to be a fortress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Any forward 6 we pick us better than anything dublin have.so even with our injuries,nowlan pk on a saturday night has to be a fortress

The Dubs never put in a bad performance in the park down through the years they have made life difficult for teams. Hopefully we can pull it out of the fire, the best of luck to all our county teams that are playing this weekend.

• Advertisement

As stated picking the backs is a lottery but the word i heard is deegan and lawlor will be the spine of our defence.
    Paul murphy will be at 2 and probably tommy or enda at 4
    Padraig,lawlor and fogarty will probably be our half back line.
    Leahy will probably be one midfielder and the 2nd spot could be wally or browne or maybe padraig could be me.
    We have a few options in our attack and thankfully our fowards escaped all the injuries.
    He could go for aylward at 11 and tj on one wing and maybe mullen or kelly on the other.This will be the dubs strongest line so we will need our homework done and last year both mossy and Donnelly struggled here.crummey and moran very strong in the air and can score from long range.
    We will need to try isolate colin inside something which the shamrocks have used to great affect.Billy ryan can also cause trouble with his direct running.Blanchfield has being in good club form and as someone else said lads like blanch on the panel 4 years now need to step up and become leaders.we can't be expecting hogan or tj to be pulling these games out of the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Saturday will tell a lot. With all the injuries at the back containing Sutcliffe, Rushe, Burke et al will not be easy but more to the point I'll be sick if walking out of Nowlan Park on Saturday I've watched 70 minutes of us launching ball on top of a full back line containing O Donnell with Moran sitting in front of him cleaning up all the breaks and watched our keeper launch puck outs on top of Crummey and Barrett

Saturday will tell a lot. With all the injuries at the back containing Sutcliffe, Rushe, Burke et al will not be easy but more to the point I'll be sick if walking out of Nowlan Park on Saturday I've watched 70 minutes of us launching ball on top of a full back line containing O Donnell with Moran sitting in front of him cleaning up all the breaks and watched our keeper launch puck outs on top of Crummey and Barrett

A loss this weekend and we will be under pressure straight away.Cw the following week could be a banana skin.
    We're lucky to have this match at home it should be worth a few points to us.Hopefully we can start well and as you say hopefully we wont see us playing into their hands wih high ball on their half back line where i persume they will play a sweeper and crowd out our danger men.Hopefully colin will be on his game saturday night.We need big performances from the fowards. This dublin team is very strong and physical as we know we will need to match that hopefully we will be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Hard to believe there is 3 top matches in store this weekend. Build up quiet. Maybe the soccer being of the highest entertainment lately takes away from the GAA for the first few weeks of the Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Despite all the injuries, at least we have built up a good panel of players and there are still options. Hard to know without having seen training, but I'd go with something like this.

Brennan
    Murphy, Lawlor, D. Mullen
    Walsh, Deegan, Cleere
    Fogarty, Browne
    W.Walsh, TJ, Leahy
    Ryan, Fennelly, A. Mullen

You'd still have Donnelly, Blanch, R.Reid, etc on the bench. Conor Browne needs to be given a chance, he was very good in the Fitzgibbon and has done well any time he has come on in the league. The Mullens were outstanding for the Shamrocks run to the All-Ireland club. They deserve plenty of chances his year. I'd also like to see Richie Reid be given a chance at some stage - he could be a super hurler, but maybe not to start this week.

I think in all likelihood we'll see Tommy Walsh and Enda Morrissey at 4 and 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Dublin have a fair few injuries as well. Looking forward to travelling down, Brogans a good spot for a few pints beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Dublin have a fair few injuries as well. Looking forward to travelling down, Brogans a good spot for a few pints beforehand?

As close as you will get there are a few on Johns street in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

wazzer1 wrote: »

It’s not great, plenty of better places on John street to pick from

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Anyone else hear that Richie Reid will be starting in goal on Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

1984baby wrote: »
    Anyone else hear that Richie Reid will be starting in goal on Saturday?

Michael vearney said it on independent podcast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement