Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Comerman wrote: »
    Are you really a nerd or did you look that up? Thanks for your input ;-))

You're an awful man. There's no coming back from such a putdown! :D

A "nerd"!!!! :D:D (Sure who else who have access to such information!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Powerhouse wrote: »
    You're an awful man. There's no coming back from such a putdown! :D

A "nerd"!!!! :D:D (Sure who else who have access to such information!)
    All in good jest powerhouse ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Watched davys interview after saturdays match(god he is some whinger)excuses before and after games.9pts up with 30 min left and he is blaming the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Watched davys interview after saturdays match(god he is some whinger)excuses before and after games.9pts up with 30 min left and he is blaming the ref.
    He is an embarrassment. I haven't heard of any Wexford person echoing his sentiments. For a manager he shows a complete lack of leadership, never seems willing in practice to take any responsibility for any failings, always someone else's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pat Treacy

He is an embarrassment. I haven't heard of any Wexford person echoing his sentiments. For a manager he shows a complete lack of leadership, never seems willing in practice to take any responsibility for any failings, always someone else's fault.

You would have laughing when he came over to Cody after the match he looked like a child looking up at him Cody smiling at him, his race is run if he does not go far with this Wexford team they welcomed him with open arms but that is changing.

• Advertisement

Pat Treacy wrote: »

You would have laughing when he came over to Cody after the match he looked like a child looking up at him Cody smiling at him, his race is run if he does not go far with this Wexford team they welcomed him with open arms but that is changing.
    That image was so perfect, he was like a petulant child and Cody looking like a patient teacher explaining to said child that you can't get everything you want in this life.

He is clearly a great motivator of young players though, but I have a feeling that craic gets a bit old when you're older yourself. And the workrate he demands is clearly not something sustainable. I said last week before the match, he was whining about the schedule, and how it left his players fatigued, the ****ing hypocrisy of it when he has them up on sand dunes on Stephens day. That stuff catches up with amateur players.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭droppingball

Davy should concentrate on his own mistakes like completely handing the initiative to us. They pushed up on us on the puckouts first half, murphy went to midfield picked up a man and midfielder pushed up. Second half they abandoned it and we crucified them allowing padraig to have a field day.

They are too reliant on their system, and as per my previous post taking injuries to break momentum instead of hurling is pure Davy bull.

There system is based around making space down the wings for wing backs to run into as opposed to making room for inside forwards which is very strange.

Once our midfield sat in and wing backs covered the space and padraig pushed out the field as spare man that sat in half back line as opposed to full back line wexford were goosed and Davy made no effort to change to any form of plan b. So crowd out that area and wexford are in trouble. We need to go with physical corner forwards on those corner backs every time as well.

Davy was simply trying to change the narrative in his interview from his teams/his failings to a poor ref performance, listening to podcasts and radio shows during the week shows nobody bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

https://youtu.be/mCuMgb2ibwY

I thought this was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Davy should concentrate on his own mistakes like completely handing the initiative to us. They pushed up on us on the puckouts first half, murphy went to midfield picked up a man and midfielder pushed up. Second half they abandoned it and we crucified them allowing padraig to have a field day.

They are too reliant on their system, and as per my previous post taking injuries to break momentum instead of hurling is pure Davy bull.

There system is based around making space down the wings for wing backs to run into as opposed to making room for inside forwards which is very strange.

Once our midfield sat in and wing backs covered the space and padraig pushed out the field as spare man that sat in half back line as opposed to full back line wexford were goosed and Davy made no effort to change to any form of plan b. So crowd out that area and wexford are in trouble. We need to go with physical corner forwards on those corner backs every time as well.

Davy was simply trying to change the narrative in his interview from his teams/his failings to a poor ref performance, listening to podcasts and radio shows during the week shows nobody bought it.

we were all over the place in the first half i know the management got it right in the 2nd half but surely we knew what way they were going set up.
    i agree that does get an instant bounce from teams but long term its not sustainable.He should be getting more from conor mac but he seems to have gone backwards but their system certainly doesnt help.

Davy needs to take a leaf from michael ryans book.tipp manager made no excuses and knew nobody but themselves were to blame last sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 black n whitenamber

Buddy in Waterford a couple of years back told me Davy absolutely cleared out the coffers down there.

If true then no wonder they have no pitch for home games in Munster!

Hope the memory holds up on this, but I'm not a fan of Davy since I think the League final vs KK in 2005?

He spent most of the first half of that game running out to the 21 screaming abuse like a lunatic at the KK forwards esp if they drove a wide.

So far so Davy! Isn't he the character!

Shortly before half time a ball dropped into the square with a nice hang time on it Davy won it cleanly only to be lined up and hit by Shefflin/Larkin? Absolute free out - couldn't possibly comment on the ball into the square or the intentions of the tacklers.

I was expecting a volcanic eruption, but what was Davy's reaction? Nothing - he went quiet for the rest of the game, no more running out to the 21 no more screaming abuse. Don't even remember a schmozzle with the rest of the defenders rushing in to defend him.

Hope I'm remembering this right .... its a good bit back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

https://www.facebook.com/974261116039448/posts/1289652184500338/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭kksaints

Buddy in Waterford a couple of years back told me Davy absolutely cleared out the coffers down there.

Hope the memory holds up on this, but I'm not a fan of Davy since I think the League final vs KK in 2005?

He spent most of the first half of that game running out to the 21 screaming abuse like a lunatic at the KK forwards esp if they drove a wide.

Shortly before half time a ball dropped into the square with a nice hang time on it Davy won it cleanly only to be lined up and hit by Shefflin/Larkin? Absolute free out - couldn't possibly comment on the ball into the square or the intentions of the tacklers.

I was expecting a volcanic eruption, but what was Davy's reaction? Nothing - he went quiet for the rest of the game, no more running out to the 21 no more screaming abuse. Don't even remember a schmozzle with the rest of the defenders rushing in to defend him.

Rumours that he's on around €100k in Wexford which seems astronomical. Certainly Wexford have upped the fundraising game since the start of the year.

kksaints wrote: »

Rumours that he's on around €100k in Wexford which seems astronomical. Certainly Wexford have upped the fundraising game since the start of the year.
    His salary is being stumped up by wealthy donors who you could probably guess the names of.

Some win for minor team anyone at the game?if both leinster ginalists stay in I can see kk v dublin all ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Some win for minor team anyone at the game?if both leinster ginalists stay in I can see kk v dublin all ireland final.

All of the Munster teams are much of a muchness but Galway are very strong. They will be our biggest danger!

All of the Munster teams are much of a muchness but Galway are very strong. They will be our biggest danger!

www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/gaelic-games/318942/leinster-mhc-sharp-kilkenny-roar-past-westmeath-challenge.html
    I also heard galway are very strong this year but hopefully our lads will improve as they go.I seen conor kelly hurl earlier thus year for kierans he looks like a serious hurler.
    good win for kilkenny this evening in the celtic u17 competition against a tipp side.They won by 8 points.Think there through to a semi final now.

So far senior hurling and camogie have won national leagues.both hurling and xamogie still in championship.minor hurling and21s in leinster semis.all going wel so far.

hopefully the u21 go well wednesday night.If they tighten up at the back our fowards will hopefully score enough at the other end.My stab at the team
    ronan ryan
    carey,cody,ryan bergin
    tom kenny,tommy walsh,shane murphy
    leahy,mullen
    mossy,hennessy,donnelly
    sheehan,bergin,sean carey

Would adrian mullen make 21 team?

• Advertisement

hopefully because i think his a very hood prospect but his doing the leaving cert dont know if his finished.billy ryans brother sean was a impressive minor last year and had a good club season with gbc dont know if his with the 21s

DJ told the three Leaving Certs to come back to him when the exams are over which will probably rule them out for Wednesday night.

brookville wrote: »
    hopefully because i think his a very hood prospect but his doing the leaving cert dont know if his finished.billy ryans brother sean was a impressive minor last year and had a good club season with gbc dont know if his with the 21s

Yeah, Sean is part of the Under 21 set up. Would rate him a better prospect than Billy but he's very light and he's probably 2 or 3 years away from being a contender at Senior level.

Pity if adtian mullen out I think he has huge talent.

Pity if adtian mullen out I think he has huge talent.

As i said he hasn't been training for the last few weeks because of the exams. But Shane Bennett's father collected him outside the school after an exam two years ago with his gear and his dinner to drive him to Cork for a Munster semi final and he got MOTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

And he packed in the hurling at 21

And he packed in the hurling at 21

Taking a year out. Not the first young lad to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

kksaints wrote: »

Has Eanna Martin not in as 'Commercial Manager' now in Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

TG4 advertising U21 game as live with Waterford Cork deferred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

TG4 advertising U21 game as live with Waterford Cork deferred

Where is it being advertised an ad on the TV? It's still down on the website the other way round

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement