Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

citykat wrote: »
    I thought this was the Kilkenny GAA thread?

Some people just insist on talking about non-Kilkenny GAA stuff...………..like Galway and Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

grimbergen wrote: »
    "the so-called gender culture" - what does that even mean? "the politically correct route".... It would help if you could articulate your views and not spouting these meaningless cliches.

As a life-long GAA player and fan, I'm delighted with this decision. It's the GAA once again leading the way and I couldn't be prouder of our organisation.

Very well said.

(I also have no idea why this is in this thread though.)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

This is the Kilkenny discussion thread. If you want to start a thread about the GAA being represented at pride, then do so. But on this thread, stick to Kilkenny GAA matters

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

Eoin murphy on crutches as of 2 weeks ago met him work related said he def miss leinster

C__MC wrote: »
    You still wouldnt write galway off yet , experience and all that

I don't think it's a question of writing Galway off as such but they just are not hurling well enough. On the basis of what we have seen Kilkenny could find themselves in an All-Ireland final without being a terrific team. They should win Leinster (which is not to say that it is impossible they won't) as Galway and Wexford look very beatable. And then they are one game away from the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

68deville wrote: »
    Eoin murphy on crutches as of 2 weeks ago met him work related said he def miss leinster

He was off them last Thursday anyway. Himself and Delaney were in the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Powerhouse wrote: »
    I don't think it's a question of writing Galway off as such but they just are not hurling well enough. On the basis of what we have seen Kilkenny could find themselves in an All-Ireland final without being a terrific team. They should win Leinster (which is not to say that it is impossible they won't) as Galway and Wexford look very beatable. And then they are one game away from the final.
    I would love to see one last Kk versus Tipp final for this decade. It looks like Tipp are well placed to get to the final this year. I'm not sure about us. If we do meet them I think it'd be just a repeat of 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Terrible match yesterday in Galway. Great news for Kilkenny that 2 of there main rivals in Leinster are wofully out of form. 2 teams will be obviously tough to beat but the standard of hurling yesterday was really something else. I can now see how Galway lost to Waterford in the league semi final and Carlow pushed them close in the first leinster match of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

I'd be still confident there is a kick in galway and I think they'll beat KK next Sunday. Conditions were awful yesterday, nowlan park will suit galway. Galway destroyed kk last year in thurles for large parts of that game. Kk still have injuries galore as well. I'm tipping galway by 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

It would be wise to ignore the performances of both teams in Salthill yesterday. Wexford under Davy can stifle the opposition which is what they did with Galway. In addition, the tricky wind caused havoc, hence so many bad wides. Galway will be a totally different proposition in two weeks time when they just have to get a result. It will be a real test for Kilkenny and any weaknesses will be exposed by Galway.

Wexford is another big test, that's for another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

I'd be still confident there is a kick in galway and I think they'll beat KK next Sunday. Conditions were awful yesterday, nowlan park will suit galway. Galway destroyed kk last year in thurles for large parts of that game. Kk still have injuries galore as well. I'm tipping galway by 2.

Galway will definitely prefer to play kk than wexford.kk will play more 15v 15.Galway destroyed kk last year but they also destroyed offally and wexford and they've scraped over cw and lucky yesterday to draw with wexford.
    Every game is different and Maybe galway will burst into life in two weeks time or timing the run they don't seem to be moving as well as they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭blackcard

It would be interesting to see the bookies odds for the Kilkenny Galway match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

blackcard wrote: »

Paddypower have Kilkenny 8/11 favs Galway 11/8 & the draw 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭blackcard

robwen wrote: »
    blackcard wrote: »

Paddypower have Kilkenny 8/11 favs Galway 11/8 & the draw 8/1
    You could easily make a case against Kilkenny. A goalkeeper playing his second championship match. 2 rookies and an out of form player in the full back line. Unsettled half back and midfield lines. Colin Fennelly and Richie Hogan injury doubts. But we have TJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

One could make a case against Kilkenny, one could, yes one could if it were not for the emergence of Conor Delaney, Huw lawlor, Tommy Walsh Alan Murphy Adrian Mullen and Conor Browne.

mullinr2 wrote: »
    I would love to see one last Kk versus Tipp final for this decade. It looks like Tipp are well placed to get to the final this year. I'm not sure about us. If we do meet them I think it'd be just a repeat of 2016.

Yeah, who'd complain about having to watch those two go at it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

On current form all 4 main contenders are capable of winning leinster and would fancy there chances in a final. Every game in the next few weeks has so much at stake.

As a Wexford supporter I'm happy with 2 draws, we could easily have 2 wins, conversely we could easily have 2 losses, prior to throw in yesterday I would have been delighted with a draw but as the game panned out it was a missed opportunity.

Unless galway improve hugely ye have a great chance in 2 weeks, they brought on glynn at HT so bar canning they were at full strength in the 2nd half and we totally outplayed them. Players like conor cooney, cathal mannion and mcinerney who were brilliant in 2017 were very poor. Chin actually dominated mcinerney in the air and in general play if his radar was on he would have took him too the cleaners, they ended up bringing daithi burke to 6 and mcinerney to 3. The wind was as bad as portraited by the media, it made it feel like a league game in February and was like hurling in a washing machine.

Exciting few weeks ahead, this new structure is brilliant I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

If I get tickets for the Galway game in the Walsh Stand in NP, are they for specific seats or first in, first served?

Anybody know what happens on bigger match days?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

If I get tickets for the Galway game in the Walsh Stand in NP, are they for specific seats or first in, first served?

All I remember was it was first come first served the time we bet Tipp after Henry came on, and that was the biggest day in my living memory in the park. (And also the best)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

First come first served.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

All I remember was it was first come first served the time we bet Tipp after Henry came on, and that was the biggest day in my living memory in the park. (And also the best)

It still lives in peoples mind that night it will never be forgotten , the night they thought they were going to finish us in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

First come best dressed

There is a Leinster Club Final on before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

One could make a case against Kilkenny, one could, yes one could if it were not for the emergence of Conor Delaney, Huw lawlor, Tommy Walsh Alan Murphy Adrian Mullen and Conor Browne.

It's good that you are not getting ahead of yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Have Conor Delaney or Browne even pucked a ball in championship hurling yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Have Conor Delaney or Browne even pucked a ball in championship hurling yet?

Ahh but they have emerged from behind the iron curtain!

Just for perspective this is the same poster who said and I quote;

There is nothing new in O'Dwyer, Callihan, McGrath Noel or John nor in any of the Mahers. Seen them all before, saw the banners, read the headlines and then read the inevitable obituaries

There's loyalty and optimism and then there is this lad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Watched that game via TV felt like I was there, was special that night for hurling in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Watched that game via TV felt like I was there, was special that night for hurling in general.

Unbelievable night in the park. The best atmosphere I’ve ever encountered. Huge queues outside the gates before the place was even opened. Silence in the park when the announcer named out the teams. A huge cheer when “a late inclusion to the Kilkenny team.......Henry Shefflin”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Pogue eile wrote: »

Ahh but they have emerged from behind the iron curtain!

Just for perspective this is the same poster who said and I quote;

There is nothing new in O'Dwyer, Callihan, McGrath Noel or John nor in any of the Mahers. Seen them all before, saw the banners, read the headlines and then read the inevitable obituaries

There's loyalty and optimism and then there is this lad!!

Did I write one word of a lie about Tipp while i fully understand your fear of the emerging Kilkenny talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

1984baby wrote: »

Unbelievable night in the park. The best atmosphere I’ve ever encountered. Huge queues outside the gates before the place was even opened. Silence in the park when the announcer named out the teams. A huge cheer when “a late inclusion to the Kilkenny team.......Henry Shefflin”

A magic night. There were 3 additions to the named programme, 27 was tj, 28 henry and 29 paul murphy. The announcer played to the crowd reading out 27 and 29 first .. then finally number 28... spine tingling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

1984baby wrote: »

And Noel Hickey on the terrace behind me - I was afraid to move sideways!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement