Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Powerhouse wrote: »
    Roughly zero effect I'd say. Ballygunner beat the champions of Cork, Clare and Limerick on the way to winning the Munster club title and those counties seem to have survived the ordeal at inter-county level when they played Waterford.

In the rush to put Ballyhale Shamrocks on a pedestal as something special people may have taken their eye off the fact that the golden age of Galway club hurling has passed. Their county champions have taken a few bad beatings in the All Ireland series in recent years and St Thomas only made the final because they played the Antrim champions in the semi final and got enough to do to manage that.
    True, Anthony daly said after the club final that the structure is flawed, gave ballygunner's journey as outlined above(and then having to beat ballyhale) to potentailly get to the final and st Thomas (winning galway championship and then beating cushendall) to actually get to the final as the example of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

What is Conor Fogarty at? Mannion has 6 points from play and involved I another 1-3. Very slow at wing back

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

WE ARE F##KED. GOING NOWHERE WITH THIS TEAM

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

New ideas needed just a poor clueless team, without tj who is carrying the team it would be embarrassing. Players like hogan and aylward offer nothing but cathal mannion is giving kilkenny a lesson he's a joy to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Garyp88 wrote: »
    New ideas needed just a poor clueless team, without tj who is carrying the team it would be embarrassing. Players like hogan and aylward offer nothing but cathal mannion is giving kilkenny a lesson he's a joy to watch

As is Johnny Flynn,

• Advertisement

Hogan has been getting worse and worse. Even if we get out of Leinster none of the Munster teams will fear us

What is Hogan at

Kilkenny.s character can never be questioned but the biggest game of Cody's career is in wexford next Saturday

Make or break stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Ref could have played longer in injury time. Very poor display other than an incredible display by Tj Reid. Galway mistakes left Kilkenny back in the game

We are clueless. Leahy just runs aimlessly with the ball. Hogan has gone poor ****. Ditto Paul Murphy. We are as far away from an All Ireland then we have ever been in the Morden era

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Can't win our own puck outs, that says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭kksaints

Why was Murphy kept on when Tommy Walsh was been taken off? He was under serious pressure and was a second yellow just waiting to happen. Hogan did nothing when he came on and not taking off Alyward who was very ordinary was another error. Alyward messed up big time there, he didn't need to get involved and to get a second yellow for that is stupid. He shouldn't start next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

mullinr2 wrote: »
    We are clueless. Leahy just runs aimlessly with the ball. Hogan has gone poor ****. Ditto Paul Murphy. We are as far away from an All Ireland then we have ever been in the Morden era

A nice considered and rational appraisal.

A nice considered and rational appraisal.

Do you disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Do you disagree?

Yes. I do.

We were lucky Galway made some mistakes to keep us in it but only lost by 1pt so let's not start making silly statements.

We have improved since last year and have the best hurler I have ever seen on our team so we will always be competitive.

We did a lot of things well today. We will beat Wexford on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Very disappointed to lose any game but Galway got some great points.there 3rd goal was a killer but they also had a few chances in the first half.
    Murphy should of known better and after the first yellow the ref warned him after Whelan got a point after Paul tackled late.it was waiting to happen.
    Wallys presence well and truly missed.Tj gave one of the best exhibitions I've seen today for a long time
    We finished very well and I thought he blew it up early.
    Huge match next week I just hope wally and maybe Buckley back.
    Huw very composed I thought but Glynn has some paw on him

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Do you disagree?

We can all see that it's the weakest team since Cody took over but I guess the constant negativey grates on some people.

Despite it being an exciting and close match there wasnt a lot of positives today, thought Huw Lawlor did well enough, TJ was excellent, Fennelly did well and Ryan took his scores well, seriously missing Buckley and Walsh as we are the weakest team physically in the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Firstly, well done to Galway. They showed up today and played some decent hurling. They should have won more easily. Flynn missed a lot of scorable frees

There are a lot of players playing very poorly on the team... And most of them are established players:
    P Murphy
    R Hogan
    P Walsh
    C Fogarty
    G Aylward

A poster already mentioned Tommy Walsh being taken off, when it was obvious that Murphy was going to get a second yellow at some stage.

It's ridiculous how good TJ is... but it's also ridiculous how much we rely on him. I don't think any other Liam McCarthy team rely on a player as much as we do.

We didn't beat Galway without J. Canning. Can you imagine what score Galway would have won by if we didn't have TJ and they had Canning?
    Jackie Tyrell said last week that a lot of those Clare players should be ashamed of themselves. You could say the same about Hogan and P.Murphy.
    Alan Murphy and Leahy are too light for a midfield pairing. Only the genius of TJ saved us from an embarrassment today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭blackcard

We didn't beat Galway without J. Canning. Can you imagine what score Galway would have won by if we didn't have TJ and they had Canning?
    Jackie Tyrell said last week that a lot of those Clare players should be ashamed of themselves. You could say the same about Hogan and P.Murphy.
    Alan Murphy and Leahy are too light for a midfield pairing. Only the genius of TJ saved us from an embarrassment today
    Every Kilkenny player gave 100% today and no one should be ashamed of themselves. Richie Hogan has had severe injury problems which has affected his form. Paul Murphy's form has dipped but it is not for want of effort. Neither of them owe Kilkenny anything

• Advertisement

blackcard wrote: »
    Every Kilkenny player gave 100% today and no one should be ashamed of themselves. Richie Hogan has had severe injury problems which has affected his form. Paul Murphy's form has dipped but it is not for want of effort. Neither of them owe Kilkenny anything

They may owe us nothing but that's the past. The past won't win us All Irelands, there is obviously no one better to replace them.
    My prediction of us not winning an All Ireland for ten years looks ever more likely. This year will be 4 years without one

So now you are putting up imaginary scenarios of things being worse, honestly how does that contribute to any discussion? and if your going down that road you have to consider that we were missing Walter Walsh today who is a big player for this Kilkenny team, it's not like Hogan or Murphy were hiding today, they cant exactly roll back the clock 5 years, the ashamed comment is really poor.

They may owe us nothing but that's the past. The past won't win us All Irelands, there is obviously no one better to replace them.
    My prediction of us not winning an All Ireland for ten years looks ever more likely. This year will be 4 years without one

So should we field a team against Wexford then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

With all due respects to the doom merchants Walter Walsh, Eoin Murphy, Cillian Buckley, James Maher, Conor Delaney and Joey Holden in either corner from the start would significantly improve this team while Liam Blanchfield would contribute just as much and probably a lot more than Ger or Bill do in the full forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mercury16

Too many young soft players on thT side today that will win you nothing.
    Sheahan
    Ryan
    A Murphy
    Leahy
    T Walsh
    Mullen.

Look at the limerick side and all of their youngsters put on a shift who are the same age, so no excuses. You want o play fir kk you put on the effort and nothing less than the required standard.
    Aylward... what a fcuking stupid thing to do. Brainless. I think he should be gone from the panel but id give him one more go.
    Murphy, is past it, but the second yellow was barging by the Galway man. I can’t say anything against Murphy fir that. If you look he never moved his feet so he’s not at fault.
    Cody now needs to realize that he needs more leaders on the bench and the two selectors on the bench need to go. We need a forward like Shefflin and a back like tyrell or Walsh as selectors. Someone who can fcuking bark at the players.
    For anyone who thinks I’m tough, look at limerick with the same age profile of player who are putting it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Only 16000 people at this game........have Kilkenny lost all faith in this team?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

Kilkennys both half lines are way too small imo. Big 6ft plus guys on Galway team dismantled our shape. Walter et al missing today would have made a difference. Tbh it was a tight margin game and I wouldn't lose all faith yet.

Definitely Paul Murphy and a few have questions if nothing their speed is gone when turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

blackcard wrote: »

Hundred percent agree the lads no matter how good or bad they are can't be faulted for effort today.We finished very very well and Galway were hanging by their fingertips.Theres no doubt he blew it up on 74 and tj spent about a minute and a half taking that free with all of burkes messing.we had huge momentuem at the death.
    Couple of things we were slow with the Galway puck out in the first half.How we let mannion run around free was baffling.I said here the other day that if his left free he would throw over points for fun.Deegan tightened him up.
    We seen how fussy lyons was for blowing padraig after the first few seconds.wit Murphy and get on yellows it was nearly time to change them.i was sure Joey was coming on for Murphy.
    I thought Donnelly should of had a free prior their goal but it's such tiny margins but not being a sore loser but the ref definitely rode us on a few occasions.Theres no way 3 lads deserved red today.
    Hogan done some silly things when he came on first but he dropped back to try cut out Glynns influence and I thought he done better out around there.
    Bill Sheehan I thought tried hard but just before half time and after half time when Galway were on top was the killer they made hay and that 3rd goal was a killer.
    We need to get wally back for a huge match now next weekend.Hopefully Buckley and Joey will also be nearly back.We didn't get enough out of padraig today I thought huw more than held his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Massive game now next week, if results don't go our way we will be out, hopefully Wally is fit he was a big miss today.

How Ger Aylward was still on the pitch when he got sent off is beyond me, he was very poor and really looks to be lacking confidence. Very stupid to react knowing he was on a yellow.

• Advertisement

I think kk will be safe even if wexford beat them
    Just don't think Dublin have it in them to beat galway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement