Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭larrya

Really delighted for Joey.outstanding for shamrocks last year and hung out to dry by Cody against Tipp a few years ago.Got a lot of unwarranted blame that day when anyone would have struggled.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

68deville wrote: »
    Still we didn't get beaten on our home patch even with 14 men

We keep hearing that this is the best Wexford team since 96 with the best manager and yet they couldn’t beat a Kilkenny team at home that apparently only has one good player. Not a bad result for such a poor team so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

SteJer wrote: »
    We keep hearing that this is the best Wexford team since 96 with the best manager and yet they couldn’t beat a Kilkenny team at home that apparently only has one good player. Not a bad result for such a poor team so!!

First I heard of best since 96! still unbeaten at so far do home or away

68deville wrote: »
    First I heard of best since 96! still unbeaten at so far do home or away

Great result for a one man Kilkenny team so to get a draw against an unbeaten Wexford team at home. I don’t know how KK even got the draw considering our only player didn’t score from play. A miraculous result when you think about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Is their highlights of the game online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

larrya wrote: »
    Really delighted for Joey.outstanding for shamrocks last year and hung out to dry by Cody against Tipp a few years ago.Got a lot of unwarranted blame that day when anyone would have struggled.

We're all delighted for Joey. His fielding and delivery was very good yesterday.
    Just a question though. How was he hung out to dry by cody? Because there was too much space between full and half back lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Is their highlights of the game online?
    a 2 min highlights video on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

cody went witha physical team hence no ger bill or richie.expect something different in croker

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Philip82

Kilkenny may struggle I feel even if they might scrape by Wexford or may not. Noting improvement from the Galway match especially in our shot selection, one thing that gets me is how static our forwards are. Colin fennelly played well last night when he made a run to create some space but far too often for me stands at the edge of the square forcing the long high ball to be hit forward. Walter doesnt seem to like playing Wexford albeit recovering from injury and always struggles, Blanchfield should have been introduced alot sooner. Overall I thought our backs were good but struggled with the runner all night with O Keffe and Jack o Connor when introduced scoring too easily.
    If we see more movement upfront and space creation the next day I feel we have a good string of forwards to score goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

great to get to a leinster final and 2 more days out at least anyway.hopefully adrian mullen can keep it going we all know what potential he has.this should give him great confidence.James maher will hopefully be close in two weeks time.Id be worried over cillian.
    The galway match last week obviously took alot out of us so fair play to the lads last night we all know how hard it is to go to wexford.I think we will be happier get wexford up to croke park and use the space.Kk and wex will both be happy to avoid galway.it also must be said fergal horgan done a good job last night and contributed to the match being so good.When you the see the number of soft yellows produced in munster today.
    also well done to jimmy meagher from freshford whos with the clare minors who quilified for the munster final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

It was an especially great result considering the hard game we had just six days previously. Unlike some managers, Cody never used it as an excuse in the build up to the match.

Think it was SteJer who mentioned the need for the forwards to take on their opponents more. Had we done more of it against Wexford we'd have drawn the fouls, even more. Their centre back and full back were on yellow and were in danger of getting a second yellow - O'Hanlon did eventually pick up his second. Hopefully we'll have learned and take them on on the Leinster Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Take us on. Ready for it. Lawlor was as guilty for dragging lads back as anyone. Wexford had the fitness, hope it remains the same in two weeks time.

Take us on. Ready for it. Lawlor was as guilty for dragging lads back as anyone. Wexford had the fitness, hope it remains the same in two weeks time.

Kilkenny won the second half by 3 points even after having a seriously tough game against Galway 6 days earlier. They lost two starting players to inury (Deegan & Buckley) and Walter Walsh was on one leg for half the match. Also, they had home advantage and kept their only good hurler (according to the media and general public outside of KK) scoreless and still couldn't beat Kilkenny!!!

If I was a Wexford supporter I would be worried about playing a Kilkenny team with a two week break the next day.

Regarding the referee display, when you hear Nicky English saying there should have been more frees awarded to Kilkenny you know he must have been awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Delighted to hear it, just shows how important Lawlor is becoming when the oppo has to slag him off , the only thing is I did not see any Wexford hurl on the ground after it had been pulled from the hand. I saw plenty of times when Kilkenny players had to resort to booting the ball because thier hurls had been dragged from the hand

Delighted to hear it, just shows how important Lawlor is becoming when the oppo has to slag him off , the only thing is I did not see any Wexford hurl on the ground after it had been pulled from the hand. I saw plenty of times when Kilkenny players had to resort to booting the ball because thier hurls had been dragged from the hand

Correct. Everybody saw it bar the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Any update on the injuries to Deegan & Buckley?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Always sinned against. Never sinners

Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

When it comes to Davy's Wexford that is certainly the truest thing you ever wrote or will ever writel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Any update on the injuries to Deegan & Buckley?

Any update on C Delany see him there last night in the stand on his own we will need them all . Five of our backs scored last night shows they are getting the confidence when the opportunity arrises slot it over the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Full credit to both teams last night everything that is good about our wonderful game ending completely bizarre as a draw instead of been the anti climax as usual ensured both teams got their pre match ambition, taught o'hanlon, O'Keeffe, paudie foley & Jack o'connor were brilliant for us, in fairness serious bottle by Reid and chin to nail the last 2 pressure frees, taught your defence hurled very well, with the free man seemed to be license for everyone getting forward almost in rotation. Definitely something for us to ponder before the leinster final. Full credit to adrian mullen getting the curly finger before HT against galway you'd think would drain the confidence of a 19 or 20 year old but he delivered when other forwards around him were well marshalled. When the game is going on and your looking with rose tinded glasses you always think the ref is against you but in more mellow reflection you'd have to say horgan did a good job, let the game flow nothing worse than a whistle happy referee like macalister from cork who doesn't allow a physical contest and runs the game as a spectacle. Leinster final is 50/50 felt that before last night aswel every championship game sense Davy took us over has been a 1 score game says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

When will leinster final tickets be on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

they're on tickets.ie now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

On sale now. Hill 16 is now open as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭sjb25

On sale now. Hill 16 is now open as well

And flying out in Wexford by all accounts was a que in Supervalu here bout an hour ago the early train from Wexford is also already booked out already according to what iv seen on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Full credit to both teams last night everything that is good about our wonderful game ending completely bizarre as a draw instead of been the anti climax as usual ensured both teams got their pre match ambition, taught o'hanlon, O'Keeffe, paudie foley & Jack o'connor were brilliant for us, in fairness serious bottle by Reid and chin to nail the last 2 pressure frees, taught your defence hurled very well, with the free man seemed to be license for everyone getting forward almost in rotation. Definitely something for us to ponder before the leinster final. Full credit to adrian mullen getting the curly finger before HT against galway you'd think would drain the confidence of a 19 or 20 year old but he delivered when other forwards around him were well marshalled. When the game is going on and your looking with rose tinded glasses you always think the ref is against you but in more mellow reflection you'd have to say horgan did a good job, let the game flow nothing worse than a whistle happy referee like macalister from cork who doesn't allow a physical contest and runs the game as a spectacle. Leinster final is 50/50 felt that before last night aswel every championship game sense Davy took us over has been a 1 score game says it all really.

Leinster final 2017 Galway 0.29 Wexford 1.17 9 points
    All Ireland quarter final Waterford 1.23 Wexford 1.19 4 points
    Leinster round robin 2018 Galway 1.23 Wexford 0.17 9 points
    All Ireland quarter final 2018 Clare 0.27 Wexford 1.17 7 points

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

sjb25 wrote: »
    And flying out in Wexford by all accounts was a que in Supervalu here bout an hour ago the early train from Wexford is also already booked out already according to what iv seen on Facebook

Yeah there's only hill tickets in the SuperValu I went to and only Cusack lower and the hill online. Won't let me buy more than 4 for the stand online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

I cant see Wexford beating Kilkenny in Croke Park. Big open pitch will suit Kilkenny and helps to keep the ball away from the Sweeper.
    Wexford will fight until the end but they just cant score enough, relying on frees and shots from tight angles and distances.

Kilkenny, Tipp, Limerick and Wexford/Cork in the Semi Finals, with Kilkenny more than likely playing the Munster runners up in the Semi Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

When it comes to Davy's Wexford that is certainly the truest thing you ever wrote or will ever writel

Its Wexford pal not Davy's Wexford. You don't hear people going around saying Codys Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,394 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

silverview wrote: »
    Its Wexford pal not Davy's Wexford. You don't hear people going around saying Codys Kilkenny

Lots of Wexicans about !? :confused::D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement