Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BQQ

BQQ wrote: »
    I have a ticket for the Hogan, but now my daughter wants to go and they only sell kids tickets for Cusack and Davin

Anyone know if you can change a ticket in gaa ticket office or will I have to try and swap with someone?

Got someone to take it off my hands

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

blackcard wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story what the story regarding season ticket holders is? Normally for matches at Croke Park, you are notified to go onto the website to print your ticket

I didn’t get any notification from them but went onto the website yesterday and our tickets are there under the My Tickets section so just printed them off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭blackcard

laneykin wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story what the story regarding season ticket holders is? Normally for matches at Croke Park, you are notified to go onto the website to print your ticket

I didn’t get any notification from them but went onto the website yesterday and our tickets are there under the My Tickets section so just printed them off
    Cheers. Cusack Lower 307, happy with that

Cheers. Cusack Lower 307, happy with that

Got the same section too. Should be with a nice KK crowd around us.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Anyone any news on the injury front before team is announced tomorrow?
    From what I hear Deegan is not too bad.
    Wally will be fine. Don't know about Buckley.

If Buckley is out and Deegan is ok then the same 6 backs will probably start.
    Also if Maher is fit he will probably get the nod on midfield beside fogarty.
    That would see Leahy in the half forward line with tj and wally.
    Billy Ryan possibly to corner with Colin Fennelly and Mullen.
    Richie Hogan will get his 30 mins plus.

Possible team if Buckley unavailable?????

Murphy
    Murphy
    Lawlor
    Holden
    Morrissey
    Walsh
    Deegan
    Maher
    Fogarty
    Wally
    TJ
    Leahy
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Mullen

Hogan
    Blanchfield
    Donnelly
    Sheehan
    Aylward
    Cleere
    T Walsh
    Browne
    A Murphy

• Advertisement

Anyone any news on the injury front before team is announced tomorrow?
    From what I hear Deegan is not too bad.
    Wally will be fine. Don't know about Buckley.

If Buckley is out and Deegan is ok then the same 6 backs will probably start.
    Also if Maher is fit he will probably get the nod on midfield beside fogarty.
    That would see Leahy in the half forward line with tj and wally.
    Billy Ryan possibly to corner with Colin Fennelly and Mullen.
    Richie Hogan will get his 30 mins plus.

Possible team if Buckley unavailable?????

Murphy
    Murphy
    Lawlor
    Holden
    Morrissey
    Walsh
    Deegan
    Maher
    Fogarty
    Wally
    TJ
    Leahy
    Ryan
    Fennelly
    Mullen

Hogan
    Blanchfield
    Donnelly
    Sheehan
    Aylward
    Cleere
    T Walsh
    Browne
    A Murphy
    I don't think you are too far away with that team. I would agree with playing Adrian Mullen in the full forward line, he has an eye for goal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Heard deegan isnt too bad and delaney after getting a bit of training in so good news at least.i expect a few changes anyway,both teams very familiar with each other.think it's important we start to settle on a midfield pairing it has being chopped and changed alot.id like maher and leahy midfield.I wouldnt be suprised to see someone who has being out drafted in he done it this time last year with billy ryan.
    Id expect tj to pull hanlon around croke park and maybe wally into the corner and try use height advantage.
    There's going to be a serious battle around the middle 3rd and i wonder will kennan let as much go as the last day?
    The prize for sunday will be huge straight into the last 4 and who knows...both teams will have their homework done hopefully our bit of experience will stand to us and the space should probably help both teans.
    Best of luck to both teams and the camogie saturday.

Any news on Buckley?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Wally and Ger in happier times...

2m2jsxc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Can't travel on Sunday unfortunately, does anyone know if the minor game is going to be streamed anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Middle of the lower cusack now on sale online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Any news on Buckley?

Heard he's okay. I expect the same team that started the last day to be announced tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭droppingball

Have a feeling Keenan will be fairly strict and won't let half as much go as horgan did, in many ways this could break momentum of the game which would suit wexford spoiler tactics. On the other hand you would hope that Tj would score more of his frees than Lee Chin.

Think he might play TJ in the full forward line and have funny feeling Richie Hogan will play in the centre forward.

Possibly see

Murphy
    Murphy Lawlor
    Padraig(Spare man)
    Buckley(if fit)/morrisey, deegan, Joey

Maher, fogarty

Walter, Richie, Leahy
    Mullen, Fennelly, Tj

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Grats wrote: »
    Any news on Buckley?

Heard he's okay. I expect the same team that started the last day to be announced tonight.
    Yeah, although I would expect some surprises at throw in as well, it's the way these Davy-cody games are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

bruschi wrote: »
    Wally and Ger in happier times...

]

They look thrilled.

Grats wrote: »
    Any news on Buckley?

Yeah, although I would expect some surprises at throw in as well, it's the way these Davy-cody games are gone.

Good to hear he is ok. Will be a big player for us if fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Have a feeling Keenan will be fairly strict and won't let half as much go as horgan did

I think its safe to say whatever ref was named they were never going to let as much go as Horgan does

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Watch the Leinster Minor Hurling Final this Sunday from 11:30am at electricireland.ie/gaa-minor-cham… #GAAThisIsMajor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

As long as the ref pulls both teams for fouls that will be okay, its a pity the minor final is on so early its a shame 11.30am they will be on the road early. The best of luck to all our teams in the black amber this weekend.

Talk of wally being a doubt hope it's only a rumour.

• Advertisement

Kil v Wex

E Murphy
    P Murphy H Lawlor J Holden
    P Deegan P Walsh E Morrissey
    C Buckley C Fogarty
    R Leahy W Walsh TJ Reid
    B Ryan C Fennelly A Mullen

Subs
    D Brennan
    T Walsh
    J Cleere
    C Browne
    A Murphy
    R Hogan
    J Donnelly
    G Aylward
    L Blanchfield
    J Maher
    B Sheehan

Suprised to see the same team named i thought we might of seen a new face.Its good to see deegan and wally named i heard wally was a doubt so thankfully his named and the game stands to buckley but he looked in pain the last day.
    The tactics for this will be intriguing.i see Derek mcgrath has a piece about wexford putting chin at 11 and hope padraig follows him but i expect us to put someone on chin maybe fogarty.I know this will be a different match and will take on a life of its own but i hope we're slowly but surely getting to grips with wexford and if not for some wayward shooting the last day we could of won.
    I wonder what's the situation with lads like Luke scanlon or kevin kelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

If this is the starting team then congratulations to Cillian Buckley for making it back after such an extended period of rehabilitation. I know he started the last day but it did look like he had broken down which would have been heart breaking for him. If he returns to anything like his best he will be some addition to the team. I rate James Maher very, very highly. If Cillian or Conor do not put in a fair shift then we have one of the best midfielders around to come in. Similarly I rate Billy Ryan very highly as well. He has everything necessary for this grade and all he is waiting for is that bit of devilment and extra confidence to kick in. Being from the same club as Eddie Brennan it is a bit surprising the bit of devilment has not shown itself sooner.

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    That team posted above is not the team.
    Team is as follows

1 Eoin Murphy
    2 Paul Murphy
    3 Hue Lawlor
    4 Joey Holden
    5 Enda Morrissey
    6 Padraig Walsh
    7 Paddy Deegan
    8 Conor Fogarty
    9 James Meagher
    10 Walter Walsh
    11 TJ Reid
    12 Richie Leahy
    13 Adrian Mullen
    14 Colin Fennelly
    15 Alan Murphy
    A 3 man midfield?

Team is as follows

It is the team listed on the Kilkenny GAA site. If you have inside info you should keep it to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Team is as follows

It is the team listed on the Kilkenny GAA site. If you have inside info you should keep it to yourself

Just had a look back and dobbs correctly leaked the team prior to the game 2 weeks ago so formline is good.

laneykin wrote: »
    Kil v Wex

E Murphy
    P Murphy H Lawlor J Holden
    P Deegan P Walsh E Morrissey
    C Buckley C Fogarty
    R Leahy W Walsh TJ Reid
    B Ryan C Fennelly A Mullen

This is the team listed on the Kilkenny GAA website. If the team that starts differs from this then obviously Cody and Co want to keep it under wraps and if anyone is party to inside info that says differently then a serious breach of trust has occured.

Team is as follows

1 Eoin Murphy
    2 Paul Murphy
    3 Hue Lawlor
    4 Joey Holden
    5 Enda Morrissey
    6 Padraig Walsh
    7 Paddy Deegan
    8 Conor Fogarty
    9 James Meagher
    10 Walter Walsh
    11 TJ Reid
    12 Richie Leahy
    13 Adrian Mullen
    14 Colin Fennelly
    15 Alan Murphy
    To be honest It was very unlikely buckley was going to start after the way he hobbled off two weeks ago.Alan murphy is a suprise but he proved against dublin he is well able to score Just needs more physicality.
    Both teams will crowd the middle 3rd with bodies and isolate the inside line so hopefully our inside men can do harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Happened to be in the Left Bank in Kilkenny the night before the all Ireland semi replay in 2016. Was told that night Mark Begin, Blanchfield and Eoin larkin were going to start in the jack's by some lad without even asking.

These things are common knowledge, you can be sure Wexford know who's going to line out already. Davy won't be sitting on boards.ie trying to find out in any case.

• Advertisement

Happened to be in the Left Bank in Kilkenny the night before the all Ireland semi replay in 2016. Was told that night Mark Begin, Blanchfield and Eoin larkin were going to start in the jack's by some lad without even asking.

These things are common knowledge, you can be sure Wexford know who's going to line out already. Davy won't be sitting on boards.ie trying to find out in any case.

Derek mcgrath said he got a text the friday night in 16 from a kk source saying hogan and tj were going to midfield and mick fennelly lying into de burca at 11...
    I'm sure davey will throw in someone like dunbar or jacko at the last minute.
    I'm not in favour of this craic by the way and think the tesm named should start like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement