Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭blackcard

brookville wrote: »
    Well done to the u17 today very good recovery after last sunday.hopefully end up in a semi final now and maybe stay improving devolping.
    Every chance of making the semi finals now. Took their goal chances today which they didn't last week. If by some fluke, the seniors beat Cork, it would likely be a double header against Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Regardless of what went on last Sunday we have the chance to rectify this.

Other than a severe overreaction, what is the ‘this’ that has to be rectified?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

On the decision making near the end -before the second one that Murphy lobbed in (the 65 bang on 70 mins), Lyng had ran into Murphy so that instruction clearly came from the sideline

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭usualstripes

citykat wrote: »
    Regardless of what went on last Sunday we have the chance to rectify this.

Other than a severe overreaction, what is the ‘this’ that has to be rectified?

What I mean by rectify is the missed opportunity last Sunday to get to an all ireland semi final. If we had scored even half the wides than we had or opportunities we would be straight through to the semi final.
    That's what I meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Are Dicksboro the only senior club represented on the minor team today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

The reaction from the last few days is not just because of the Wexford match, but it's based on the accumulation of poor performances from the last few years.

From the start of 2017 championship until now, KK have played 15 championship matches and have won 5, lost 8, and drew 2. Those 5 wins were against Wexford, Carlow, Offaly and Dublin (x2). At the end of the day they are the only statistics that matter, and they don't make good reading :(

You might want to check those stats. i am sure I remember Kilkenny beating Limerick in a down pour in 2017.The stat should read played 15 won 6 drew 2 lost 7 and since the beginning of the 2017 championship Kilkenny have beaten the current all Ireland champions, Drew with last years champions and beaten this years leinster finalist in the period you have chosen. You can manipulate stats to prove anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

The reaction from the last few days is not just because of the Wexford match, but it's based on the accumulation of poor performances from the last few years.

From the start of 2017 championship until now, KK have played 15 championship matches and have won 5, lost 8, and drew 2. Those 5 wins were against Wexford, Carlow, Offaly and Dublin (x2). At the end of the day they are the only statistics that matter, and they don't make good reading :(

You might want to check those stats. i am sure I remember Kilkenny beating Limerick in a down pour in 2017.The stat should read played 15 won 6 drew 2 lost 7 and since the beginning of the 2017 championship Kilkenny have beaten the current all Ireland champions, Drew with last years champions and beaten this years leinster finalist in the period you have chosen. You can manipulate stats to prove anything.

That was 2014. Before you call someone out make sure of your own memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

Kilkenny played and beat limerick in the 2017 championship in nowlan park , 20 points to 17 , the downpour was 2014

You would think that there is a good chance that the Kilkenny Galway minor match will be played before the Kilkenny Cork senior match

• Advertisement

Django99 wrote: »
    That was 2014. Before you call someone out make sure of your own memory.

I am still right Kilkenny beat Limerick in 2017 and while we are at it they also drew with Waterford and only lost in extra time. 5 wins. 8 losses and 2 draws should more correctly say 6 wins 7 losses (1 after extra time) and 2 draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭farmerval

Are Dicksboro the only senior club represented on the minor team today?

Back in 2011? i think in the All Ireland programme, Jimmy Walshe KK county board secretary had a piece querying the succes/ over success of the development squad system. His point being the lack of players from successful minor teams progressing to the senior squad. He was questioning the fact so many coming through the development squad system came from Junior/ Intermediate clubs, were they regressing with their clubs after finishing in the county juvenile system. He suggested then a regional team system from Junior clubs to play in the senior championship.
    As a Tipp man I wouldn't know the club make up of most KK minor teams, just wondered had the argument any merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tmkly

Hey guys, bit off topic given its the middle of summer and championship in full swing.

But was chatting to a friend recently about club boundaries in Kilkenny and I remember back in the day, a user on KilkennyCats.com posted an interactive google map of the club boundaries. I tried searching and cant find it anywhere.

Does anyone have a link/screenshot of that map?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

tmkly wrote: »
    Hey guys, bit off topic given its the middle of summer and championship in full swing.

But was chatting to a friend recently about club boundaries in Kilkenny and I remember back in the day, a user on KilkennyCats.com posted an interactive google map of the club boundaries. I tried searching and cant find it anywhere.

Does anyone have a link/screenshot of that map?

Yep that was me. Here's the map,
    Full County Kilkenny GAA clubs
    https://goo.gl/maps/B6AQfLxSyU7uwgmL9

If anyone sees anything wrong with it let me know. I'm fairly sure post boundaries are accurate at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Saddleview

Is carrickshock in two parts?

Laois 1-22 Dublin 0-23 well done to Laois and Eddie Brennan

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

Just goes to show what a fresh approach can do., something badly needed in kilkenny

I wasn't greatly impressed by Eddie when he was in charge of the u21's but credit to him he has Laois playing a nice style of hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭kksaints

Yep that was me. Here's the map,
    Full County Kilkenny GAA clubs
    https://goo.gl/maps/B6AQfLxSyU7uwgmL9

If anyone sees anything wrong with it let me know. I'm fairly sure post boundaries are accurate at this stage.

Interesting map. Can I ask as to where Railyard GAA club are located?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

kksaints wrote: »

Think Deliverance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭kksaints

citykat wrote: »
    Think Deliverance...

Wexford..?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

North Kk, Moneenroe

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Saddleview wrote: »

Map is wrong. Their is a land link running from the hugginstown side to stonyford.at its narrowest point it's about 50m.

Saddleview wrote: »

Yes Carrickshock is the only club I know of which is split in two. The Northern part is around Stoneyford and is the smaller section, the southern part is around Hugginstown and is the bigger section.

Map is wrong. Their is a land link running from the hugginstown side to stonyford.at its narrowest point it's about 50m.
    Well I've had lots of Carrickshock lads look at it and they've told me it's correct and so did the parish priest can't remember his name now. They've told me that its a common misconception that there is a connection between the two. If you can get me a source which proves both parts are connected I'll happily alter it.

Its the white area I have it listed as Cloneen GAA club which is the hurling club as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Well I've had lots of Carrickshock lads look at it and they've told me it's correct and so did the parish priest can't remember his name now. They've told me that its a common misconception that there is a connection between the two. If you can get me a source which proves both parts are connected I'll happily alter it.

If they were the same lads that told you carrickshock townsland is in ballyhale. I would get new sources. Lads were shot for less

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Its the white area I have it listed as Cloneen GAA club which is the hurling club as far as I'm aware.

Yep, Cloneen is hurling club.

Yes Carrickshock is the only club I know of which is split in two. The Northern part is around Stoneyford and is the smaller section, the southern part is around Hugginstown and is the bigger section.

Fair play to you it is a very impressive piece of work, very impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭davidx40

I see Eamon Sweeny writing in Independent today said Kilkenny hurling is only heading oneway breaking all sorts of records on the way down ... and results are there to back it up ....and its only sentiment to think Cody has them on right track

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement