Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

One of the better minor matches iv watched some great skill and scores and the backs have been very impressive aswell, well done lads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

That's the same free our seniors tried and got pulled up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Why the **** did that ref blow that last free before it went dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

BloodyBill wrote: »
    though the powers that be really need to start the conversation about the weight of the ball.

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Dominant second half, very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

BloodyBill wrote: »
    That Zac Bay Hammond has had an awful roasting. He cant come out after half time. Good game so far though the powers that be really need to start the conversation about the weight of the ball.

Delighted for Bay Hammond, poor first half was followed with a great second half.

Brilliant scores, delighted with that. What was great to see was the work ethic, unbelievable hooking and blocking.

Drennan has some unreal skill

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

What do you mean?

Too many scores from 'down town'. The shots were raining in from beyond midfield and these kids are under 17.. It was a good first half, Kilkenny took their scores in the second

Come on kilkenny, in soo bloody nervous here for some reason, have a feeling something weird Is going to happen in this match

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

It seems to be the case that were not allowed to hold them up but limerick are allowed to do it to us.
    Serious effort again required in 2nd half. Thanks be to xxxx hogan got the point before half time as he needed one to go over badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

We haven't gone away you know. Excellent performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Grueller

Well done Kilkenny. I thought ye were dogged by the ref for the penalty and also fora free on Mulcahy by Huw Lawlor in the second half and still came through.
    Hopefully we can take Tipp tomorrow and set up round 3 for this year.

One thing won that match for kilkenny and it was heart and determination, unbelievable my heart is still racing here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

as a cork fan i have to take my hat off to ye. i'd love someday to see a cork team work as hard and as fearlessly as kilkenny did today. this team might not be as talented as some of the teams ye have had over last 15 years but credit to Cody, the work rate and appetite has never dropped. well done and dont spoil it all by losing to tipp or davy!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

What a performance. I was the edge of my seat even when we were 9 up. Well done to both teams today. You have done the county proud.

Delighted for John Donnelly today, had a great game and turned over some amount of ball

v6mbzo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Unreal performance - can’t wait for the final

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Congrats Kilkenny. Hopefully it be a wex v cats final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Some performance and tip of the hat to ye. Fantastic game to watch personally much prefer an intense battle like that to a freescoring shootout. Ye got a stroke of luck with the deflection not been spotted for the 65 at the end but Limerick got more marginal calls over the 70 mins I felt, penalty I taught was the wrong call plus 2 or 3 soft frees which gillane converted. Walsh and deegan were outstanding.hopefully we make it a all leinster final tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Some performance and tip of the hat to ye. Fantastic game to watch personally much prefer an intense battle like that to a freescoring shootout. Ye got a stroke of luck with the deflection not been spotted for the 65 at the end but Limerick got more marginal calls over the 70 mins I felt, penalty I taught was the wrong call plus 2 or 3 soft frees which gillane converted. Walsh and deegan were outstanding.hopefully we make it a all leinster final tomorrow

Well said Billy. When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Jesus. That was sweet. Outnumbered 4/5 to 1 in the ground. Written off by the 'experts'. Cork underperformed apparently. We'll probably hear a similar excuse for Limerick. Hopefully we'll keep getting written off!

Far from a perfect performance for us. Plenty of room for improvement. However, after that display they should just hand over hurler of the year to TJ. He has no peer in modern day hurling.

Looking forward to the build up to the All Ireland, scramble for tickets, the Kilkenny haters on here ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

citykat wrote: »
    Jesus. That was sweet. Outnumbered 4/5 to 1 in the ground. Written off by the 'experts'. Cork underperformed apparently. We'll probably hear a similar excuse for Limerick. Hopefully we'll keep getting written off!

Far from a perfect performance for us. Plenty of room for improvement. However, after that display they should just hand over hurler of the year to TJ. He has no peer in modern day hurling.

Looking forward to the build up to the All Ireland, scramble for tickets, the Kilkenny haters on here ðŸ˜

You ll get no haters from Limerick fans. Enjoy the final build up. Limerick have alot to learn from Kilkennys economy in shooting and taking their chances. Huw Lawlor was excellent and I think Holden was good and I usually give him terrible stick. The ref was very bad..the penalty was 6 of 1 and half a dozen of another but Fennelly took alot of steps with his. Wed be sore with the officials for missing the 65 ..but overall no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Looking forward to the build up to the All Ireland, scramble for tickets, the Kilkenny haters on here /QUOTE]

According to the “experts” really this game was a formality for limerick to saunter onto the double- doesn’t work like that especially with a resurgent Kilkenny with momentum after beating another fancied cork team. But let them at it, under dogs suits Kilkenny majorly

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

A little unfair. To be outnumbered 4/5 to 1 is no reason to feel annoyed. 'Experts' (in anything I've read) certainly favoured Limerick, as did I, but none declared it a certainty. i thought everyone acknowledged that the win over Cork was deserved, and if Cork fell short it was their own fault, and that KK were deserving winners. Limerick took 10 minutes today to realise they were in a match...they are still an awesome team.
    Kilkenny will improve, a lot of first touches were woeful, and I thought the timing of off-the-ball runs were off...the tackling, hunting, annoyance was the winning of the game.
    TJ is gifted, sweet Jesus, the man has extraordinary vision.
    Kilkenny haters? No that many, in my experience. Relax and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

That was better than a lot of All Irelands. The buzz at the end. Unreal.

I love this game

A little unfair. To be outnumbered 4/5 to 1 is no reason to feel annoyed. 'Experts' (in anything I've read) certainly favoured Limerick, as did I, but none declared it a certainty. i thought everyone acknowledged that the win over Cork was deserved, and if Cork fell short it was their own fault, and that KK were deserving winners. Limerick took 10 minutes today to realise they were in a match...they are still an awesome team.
    Kilkenny will improve, a lot of first touches were woeful, and I thought the timing of off-the-ball runs were off...the tackling, hunting, annoyance was the winning of the game.
    TJ is gifted, sweet Jesus, the man has extraordinary vision.
    Kilkenny haters? No that many, in my experience. Relax and enjoy

I'm chilled and thoroughly enjoying myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭kk.man

Absolutely brilliant game. A few things stood out..
    I thought Paddy Deegan was motm. Some performance.
    Cian Lynch has never played well v Kilkenny and today proved that.
    Cody is a genius and beyond doubt his greatest mastermind with a average but committed bunch of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭blackcard

Kilkenny are a long way from our great 4 in a row team but what we lack in skills, we make up with heart. Every player gave 100% which is all you can ask. TJ scored nothing from play but gave his best ever display imo. In fairness to Limerick they battled to the end. Definite 65 at the end but definite throw ball in the lead up to their second goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Congrats to kilkenny .They were immense today they were ravenous for the 70 minutes and completely outworked Limerick .Limerick got plenty help from the ref to keep them in it imo.Tj Reid was great as usual but I felt Padraig Walsh was man of match he hurled the world of ball along with Deegan and Lawlor.I dont know how cody does it but he gets the absolute most out of his players,fair dues to him.Kilkenny will be very tough to beat in 3 weeks time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement