Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

2006 levels of work rate v cork. When we took apart the running game
    The way we sett up zonely was beautiful. With our half backs holding their positions . And our halfforwards work was of the scale. The hits and forced turnovers was the key.for a spell Kilkenny dropped their levels in the second half and limerick started to get their game going. Jesus's the wides they drove. we looked spent at that stage .but he freshened things up . And we got over the line.
    Waking up in a hotel getting ready to go again is unreal.
    Hope wexford can get over the line. It would be some build up

Praying that Wexford win today, that would fairly turn the Munster hurling love in on its head eh!!

Wexford are my second favorite county, great place even better people.

The Craic at the the final be unreal.

Brian Cody is a master and once again outfoxed his opposite opponent on the line. Got his match ups perfect today!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Work work work thats what we got from minors and seniors today.minor 20s and seniors all in final or semis.camogie 16s minors ans seniors all reached semis(may reach finals)some going for a small county. On a different note I thought cillian buckley was very poor when he came on (doesnt seem right to me)also richie was quiet poor scored a point and made 2 but bill sheehan was also poor in replacing richie.we will need to get the team and subs right to win it just like we did v cork.finally a privilege to follow this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

conor05 wrote: »
    Praying that Wexford win today, that would fairly turn the Munster hurling love in on its head eh!!

Wexford are my second favorite county, great place even better people.

The Craic at the the final be unreal.

Brian Cody is a master and once again outfoxed his opposite opponent on the line. Got his match ups perfect today!

Confused, on premier view a Kilkenny poster was saying that the hatred between Wexford and Kilkenny was 10 times that of what ye have with us in tipp but here that doesnt seem to tbe the case,.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Confused, on premier view a Kilkenny poster was saying that the hatred between Wexford and Kilkenny was 10 times that of what ye have with us in tipp but here that doesnt seem to tbe the case,.

both Wexford and Tipp supporters are descended from the Neanderthal line ;)

Hitchens wrote: »
    both Wexford and Tipp supporters are descended from the Neanderthal line ;)

So ye hate us both equally, kinda disappointed I was hoping we d be number 1, ye are our number 1 nobody can compete ha, hopefully natural order be resumed and a traditional final that most of the country will hate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

So ye hate us both equally, kinda disappointed I was hoping we d be number 1, ye are our number 1 nobody can compete ha, hopefully natural order be resumed and a traditional final that most of the country will hate.

We DEF hate Tipp the most ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 14 takeyourpoint

Fantastic Day in Croke Park yesterday. Amazing feeling after winning that match and we are so lucky to have such great teams to support. Cody is just a legend. Every player gave it their all - Minors & Seniors. Bring on the Final!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Definitely Tipp- for Wexford it’s Kilkenny but the hatred isn’t mutual as the record has been largely one sided for a lot of the time so there’s no reason to hate Wexford
    Cork not exactly a love affair either- their mid 2000s were a horrible shower in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

So it's Galway in Minor final. Sean McDonagh the centre forward has got MOTM. He was very good against us in the quarter final round robin thingy match

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

1984baby wrote: »
    We DEF hate Tipp the most ðŸ˜
    "hate" how pathetic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Edgware wrote: »
    "hate" how pathetic?

I don’t think they means in a literal sense! - it’s only a game at the end of the day ie hate being beaten by Tipp and I’m sure it’s mutual

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

At least Sean Cleere can't ref the final..

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

so now we know who we are facing.I don't see us beating that Tipp team. Their forwards are too good. If Wexford backs couldn't hold them ours won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭kksaints

At least Sean Cleere can't ref the final..

Geez, he was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

mullinr2 wrote: »
    so now we know who we are facing.I don't see us beating that Tipp team. Their forwards are too good. If Wexford backs couldn't hold them ours won't.

Yeah. I'd say Cody is ****ting himself.

Fair play to call it as ye see it, he was a disgrace, doubt he will ref us again in big game.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Well at least your consistent, did you see us beating Limerick by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I must have missed the posts where you admitted you were wrong earlier in the year.

• Site Banned Posts: 136 ✭✭rainybillwill

Nice year for Cody to retire beat that limerick team that looked unstoppable and beat sheedy in the final job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Seadin

Nice year for Cody to retire beat that limerick team that looked unstoppable and beat sheedy in the final job done.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

kksaints wrote: »
    Geez, he was bad.

Looks like James Owens or Colm Lyons to ref the final ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Originally Posted by savannahkat View Post

(Not a bad scenario at all [ having to beat Cork, Limerick and then Tipp in the final ] and you never know a fit Delaney & Buckley with a few other tweeks here and there anything is possible.)

DeskJockey

(I'll have some of whatever you're smoking... not a bad scenario at all for Kilkenny??

Tipp have a much easier route to the all ireland final after today... beat winners of Dublin/Laois and then Wexford)

Yo Desk Jockey/BloodBill :D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

1984baby wrote: »
    Looks like James Owens or Colm Lyons to ref the final ?

if it's Owens we're fúcked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Hitchens wrote: »
    if it's Owens we're fúcked

Does it matter who refs us, we'll not get a fair deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭C__MC

Grats wrote: »
    Does it matter who refs us, we'll not get a fair deal.

You are right; kilkenny are being reffed much harder by these new batch of refs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I'd say Tipp wouldn't mind Seanie Cleere. He seemed to bring them good luck today ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 25 treklane

treklane wrote: »
    going to be some match tomorrow evening lads and ladys may the best team win.
    only be a point between the sides on paper,
    2 great teams goin at it
    honestly think no winner will come out draw all over it..
    limerick people have the upmost respect for kilkenny great county.
    best of luck,,
    well done lads....great game very well done,,,,,,,,,,,,
    be a great final. fancey ye to push over the line
    congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Cleere is brutal full stop.normal service has been resumed cant wait .bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

I fully admit, I was wrong. I don't how he managed to get us to another final. Pure genius. I hope he has another plan for Tipp.Tipp won't shoot 15 wides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Originally Posted by savannahkat View Post

(Not a bad scenario at all [ having to beat Cork, Limerick and then Tipp in the final ] and you never know a fit Delaney & Buckley with a few other tweeks here and there anything is possible.)

DeskJockey

(I'll have some of whatever you're smoking... not a bad scenario at all for Kilkenny??

Tipp have a much easier route to the all ireland final after today... beat winners of Dublin/Laois and then Wexford)

Yo Desk Jockey/BloodBill :D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Haha fair play they made it through!! Savage wins.

50 / 50 final, can't call it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement