Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

First year that I have not purchased a season ticket.the riseing cost each year of the season tocket combined with the rise in all ireland ticket price put me off getting it.I have only mussed 2 games between league and championship this year.very poor that the season ticket holders dont get better seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

blackcard wrote: »
    Hard to make out all the players at training this evening as wearing different jerseys. Those I made out were E Murphy, P Murphy, Lawlor, Holden, Fogarty, P Walsh, Deegan, Leahy, W Walsh, Donnelly, Reid, A Mullen, Fennelly, Hogan, Shefflin, James Maher, Bill Sheehan I thought, Blanchfield, Aylward, Morrissey, Cleere, D Mullen,Cillian Buckley I think. Not familiar enough with Conor Browne or Delaney to make them out. Almost 40 players togged out

Saw Richie Reid, Conor Delaney, Darren Brennan, Luke Scanlon and I think Alan Murphy there too.
    Good crowd turned out for it and good atmosphere around.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Got my tickets from Season Ticket today too. Have 3 season tickets all with 100% attendance and got section 304.
    Happy with that as in 2016 without a season ticket I ended up in 325 and they were easily the worst seats I’ve ever had for a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Its more the row that would put me off.

Row A is very bad seats

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

kala85 wrote: »
    Its more the row that would put me off.

Row A is very bad seats

Yeah especially near the goals, you just can't see anything that's going on at the far end of your own side of the pitch. And in fact your view is often blocked by other players far off the ball!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

The worse ticket I got was off the kilkenny supporters club in Dublin 2008 the result was great but the view was shocking canal end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Id rather 302 with aa or bb than 306 with row e or f

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Were there a lot of tickets sold at the ground yesterday?

Re tickets above - I've noticed consistently this year that the GAA shift bad tickets before they sell good tickets.

You'll see online the 301 being sold, and the the 302, and then the 303 and so on.

I'd imagine this is completely down to some committee sitting down and saying, ok lads time to allocate the tickets - lets do the Kilkenny season tickets first, and then the Tipp, and then the......whatever, and just not thinking about it.

It strikes me that for all the committees that they have for this that and the other - that supporters are not really represented in Croke Park.

It could be simply be a case of nobody at the table even thinking that season ticket holders might have a problem with this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Were there a lot of tickets sold at the ground yesterday?

Re tickets above - I've noticed consistently this year that the GAA shift bad tickets before they sell good tickets.

You'll see online the 301 being sold, and the the 302, and then the 303 and so on.

I'd imagine this is completely down to some committee sitting down and saying, ok lads time to allocate the tickets - lets do the Kilkenny season tickets first, and then the Tipp, and then the......whatever, and just not thinking about it.

It strikes me that for all the committees that they have for this that and the other - that supporters are not really represented in Croke Park.

It could be simply be a case of nobody at the table even thinking that season ticket holders might have a problem with this.

There is supporters clubs reps on the boards

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

All Ireland Final tickets are allocated to all clubs all over Ireland. I think, on one side, it's a great pity as more supporters from the teams in finals should be represented. It'd be great if the counties in final get 35, 000 or so each (between senior and minor). Then allocate the rest to clubs over Ireland. Extras from participating counties could be re-distributed.

On the other hand, it's good that supporters from other counties get to see the greatest annual sporting show in Ireland on an annual basis. Hurling supporters in so called 'weakers hurling' counties deserve this opportunity as they put in as much work, if not more, than big hurling counties and they are struggling agsinst the tide in traditional football counties without, it must be said, much help from the authorities in CP.

The corporate brigade also must be satisified, especially in finals - that's the way the GAA are going these days...unfortunately!! As an aside to this, season ticket holders seem to be pushed further and further from the good seats. They should be treated better for their loyalty I think but it's only my opinion. €90 is very steep for a final ticket - that's €360 for a family of 4, not including travel and food etc. As alluded to earlier, that's the way the GAA are going but the know they'll see out the finals!! Next couple of years, tickets for the finals will be 'rounded up' to €100 a ticket. Think about that!

The GAA do a reasonable deal for semi-finals etc. €50 for an adult and €5 for an U16. With over 60, 000 and 70, 000 at the hurling semi-finals, compared with 33, 000 at the football on Sunday, it shows what a 'great product' (as the suits say) hurling is. Long may it continue! Although €50 is a bit steep, cut it back to €40 at least and CP would be completely full.

• Advertisement

Tickets are with clubs spot then first thought due to CBs nothing to do with GAA. €90 each rise from 80

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

Tickets are with clubs spot then first thought due to CBs nothing to do with GAA. €90 each rise from 80

€70 is enough for stand tickets for a final, when you factor in family, travel and food, drinks.
    I expect to see Hill 16 chock-a-block on Sunday because of the €90 cost for the stands.
    Are the loyal supporters, including ticket holders appreciated and respected? - the answer is no.

€70 is enough for stand tickets for a final, when you factor in family, travel and food, drinks.
    I expect to see Hill 16 chock-a-block on Sunday because of the €90 cost for the stands.
    Are the loyal supporters, including ticket holders appreciated and respected? - the answer is no.

Someone will always complain mate. You cant please everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Croke Park should have tiered pricing for a final at this stage. No one stuck in a sh*te seat in the Davin Stand should have to pay the same as someone in the middle of the Hogan or Cusack stands.

Croke Park should have tiered pricing for a final at this stage. No one stuck in a sh*te seat in the Davin Stand should have to pay the same as someone in the middle of the Hogan or Cusack stands.

It doesn't work like that. It's never had a tiered model. GAA is a business model in how its ran we may not agree but that's reality.

It doesn't work like that. It's never had a tiered model. GAA is a business model in how its ran we may not agree but that's reality.

I understand that is not how it works i am saying that is how it should work.

Basically they are selling 2 completely different things at the same price.

Also im not rightly sure what you mean by "GAA is a business model in how its ran". It doesnt really make sense.

I understand that is not how it works i am saying that is how it should work.

Basically they are selling 2 completely different things at the same price.

Also im not rightly sure what you mean by "GAA is a business model in how its ran". It doesnt really make sense.

GAA was set up as a cultural organisation over the years this has evolved into a ruthless and brilliant business. The charity and cultural model has sunk into the background , business and profit is how its ran now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

If they can open Croke Park for Dublin league games at 15 euro a head surely can bring cost down

That's a non runner unless they can break 30k for every league game. Which is slightly over double of what PP holds.

GAA was set up as a cultural organisation over the years this has evolved into a ruthless and brilliant business. The charity and cultural model has sunk into the background , business and profit is how its ran now.

Not sure what that has to do with having tiered seat prices but anyway i dont want to drag the thread down an unnecesary rabbit hole.

I will make 1 point though. I would have no problem paying 130/140 for a seat in the middle of the hogan halfway up. However id feel aggrieved to be paying 90 for some **** seat in the Davin.

Point is they can having tiered prices and still make the same amount of money. They do it in almost all sports.

• Advertisement

Not sure what that has to do with having tiered seat prices but anyway i dont want to drag the thread down an unnecesary rabbit hole.

I will make 1 point though. I would have no problem paying 130/140 for a seat in the middle of the hogan halfway up. However id feel aggrieved to be paying 90 for some **** seat in the Davin.

Point is they can having tiered prices and still make the same amount of money. They do it in almost all sports.

As long as I've worked within the GAA we have never held a tiered seating platform. I support this you cannot keep everyone happy. It's a final not everyone can be seated in 506 or 306

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Feck all colour up High Street, you’d swear there was no final on this weekend. Things are hardly that bad that the shops can’t afford a flag !!!
    Good few up John St

As long as I've worked within the GAA we have never held a tiered seating platform.

Yeah, he knows that, he's saying the GAA SHOULD institute tiered pricing in Croke Park, just as they do in every other major stadium in every other major sport I've ever been involved in. It maximises revenue.

Yeah, he knows that, he's saying the GAA SHOULD institute tiered pricing in Croke Park, just as they do in every other major stadium in every other major sport I've ever been involved in. It maximises revenue.

I had given up tbh. :D

But they wont, cause you will lose out. If that was the case tiers would need to start at 150 and slant to 35-40. Nobody will pay 150 they will piss and moan about the hill being 35 and 302 being 55 then 3p6 being 80 then premiums 120 corporates 150.

But they wont, cause you will lose out... they will piss and moan...
    you cannot keep everyone happy.

You said it.

Id certainly pay 150 for a decent seat. Absolutely no problem. Youd be surprised with how many would. It would also stop people moaning about the price as you can easily cater for everyone and anyone who moans you can point them to the cheaper seats in the corner for 50euro or whatever.

Id certainly pay 150 for a decent seat. Absolutely no problem. Youd be surprised with how many would. It would also stop people moaning about the price as you can easily cater for everyone and anyone who moans you can point them to the cheaper seats in the corner for 50euro or whatever.

You give me 150 euro so I'll get you a seat in any section in the stadium. Practice what you preach

At the moment they are basically selling tickets in the middle for under expected value and subsidising them by the cheaper seats which they are selling for over expected value.
    It is not really a good way to operate. But i doubt it will change anytime soon.

• Advertisement

You give me 150 euro so I'll get you a seat in any section in the stadium. Practice what you preach

No problem. PM me.

** I will want in a box though. You said any right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement