Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

You give me 150 euro so I'll get you a seat in any section in the stadium. Practice what you preach

:confused::confused::confused:

you realise that this is proving his point right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Think touting is against the rules. But can you sort me with 8 for 305 please

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Ya it is im only winding him up. I dont even need a ticket :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

:confused::confused::confused:

you realise that this is proving his point right?

It's not, I'm saying people wont pay 150 euro a ticket. One or 2 may, majority wont. They would not sell 18k 130-150 tiers. It's just not a viable option for the GAA to risk taking the hit.

dzer2 wrote: »
    Think touting is against the rules. But can you sort me with 8 for 305 please

I'm not touting read my post. I'm stating clearly what I knew would be his response.

• Advertisement

Anyway ill bow out. Best of luck in the game the weekend lads. From a Deise man ;)

I can guarantee you if i was going to the game and there was tickets available in an official capacity at tiered prices i would be looking for a good seat and i would have absolutely no problem paying the price for it.

And more than a few would. That is why almost all sports operate this way.

Ok definitely done this time.

It's not, I'm saying people wont pay 150 euro a ticket. One or 2 may, majority wont. They would not sell 18k 130-150 tiers. It's just not a viable option for the GAA to risk taking the hit.

Fair enough but you came up with the 150 number, I'm saying if you let the market set the rates, those middle Hogan/Cusack tickets would go for north of 100, while the Davin ones would go for south of 70. As things stand, the worse your ticket is, the more you are subsidising the market rate of the good tickets.

Fair enough but you came up with the 150 number, I'm saying if you let the market set the rates, those middle Hogan/Cusack tickets would go for north of 100, while the Davin ones would go for south of 70. As things stand, the worse your ticket is, the more you are subsidising the market rate of the good tickets.

For a start read the thread. He came up with the rates.

For a start read the thread. He came up with the rates.

In fairness i said "130/140" and you mentioned "150" but it is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Funny reading the last two pages of comments!! Isn't it great to be back giving out about tickets etc. for an All-Ireland Final. I didn't expect to be in this position for many years. I'm sure the supporters of every other county would happily sit in row A behind the goal if it meant their team was in the All-Ireland Final!!!

SteJer wrote: »
    Funny reading the last two pages of comments!! Isn't it great to be back giving out about tickets etc. for an All-Ireland Final. I didn't expect to be in this position for many years. I'm sure the supporters of every other county would happily sit in row A behind the goal if it meant their team was in the All-Ireland Final!!!

Don't you be talking sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

GAA was set up as a cultural organisation over the years this has evolved into a ruthless and brilliant business. The charity and cultural model has sunk into the background , business and profit is how its ran now.

Absolutely

I see Eddie Brennan agrees that this one price for all approach is damaging and against the ethos of the association.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/eddie-brennan-criticises-cost-and-distribution-of-all-ireland-final-tickets-943574.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

In the scheme of things €90 is value when you consider its the biggest match of the year, and when compared to other sports.

If they do ever introduce tiered pricing, itll just go from €90 up. Tickets are going to be sold anyway for an all Ireland.

That said im a bit miffed having my season tickets for years, and ending up 302, but feck it its better than the old way, of going around begging for tickets and then trying to get 2 together etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

100% attendance for every league/championship game, at the very back of 302, having been 305 or 306 for all other games. Don't mind too much about the position, but in the very last rows, your view of high balls can be fairly well obscured.Just as bad as being in Row A

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Look at the attendance last sunday 33,000 for a semi.season ticket sales myst be going down everywhere outside of dublin and mayo football.prixes going up for season ticket and allireland.gaa need to re think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

And meanwhile back to the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭blackcard

Sunday should finally tell us where this Kilkenny team is. The team who were effectively relegated in the league, lost at home to Galway and failed to beat Wexford in 2 attempts. Or the team that beat Cork and Limerick. Did Kilkenny improve or were Cork flaky and Limerick over confident? A win against Tipp would be unbelievable. A 5 point loss would be decent. Anything over 10 points would be back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

blackcard wrote: »
    Sunday should finally tell us where this Kilkenny team is. The team who were effectively relegated in the league, lost at home to Galway and failed to beat Wexford in 2 attempts. Or the team that beat Cork and Limerick. Did Kilkenny improve or were Cork flaky and Limerick over confident? A win against Tipp would be unbelievable. A 5 point loss would be decent. Anything over 10 points would be back to the drawing board.

I don't think Brian Cody and his team are going up to lose - that is not in their psyche. As Brian always says there is only one place to be and that is in the winners dressing room - the loser gets nothing. The losers dressing room is not a good place to be and this is what he will tell his players.

Now let's all get behind the Kilkenny team and go and support them vocally with pride as no doubt the Tipperary supporters will support there's.

Tipperary will be the favourites on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

blackcard wrote: »

My word you are full of ****.

Lots of players blooded in the league. Without 40% of our first choice players due to injury & club commitments.

Nó shame in losing to Galway and Wexford. Two fine teams. Only lost be a single score in each.

But let's not allow facts get in the way of ridiculous hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

Not sure what that has to do with having tiered seat prices but anyway i dont want to drag the thread down an unnecesary rabbit hole.

I will make 1 point though. I would have no problem paying 130/140 for a seat in the middle of the hogan halfway up. However id feel aggrieved to be paying 90 for some **** seat in the Davin.

Point is they can having tiered prices and still make the same amount of money. They do it in almost all sports.

The GAA make a lot of money selling the game to Sky Sports and the spectators add a lot to the atmosphere, so therefore they could indeed lower the prices, especially for All-Ireland day.

And yes paying the same money for a bad view seat is not good business and certainly these should be at a much lower cost than the average seat.

I can well understand your grievance having been in that position (bad seat) myself - but only once mind you.

If it is run as a business, they then should price the seats accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭kk.man

The GAA have over cooked our intercounty games and attendances will continue to fall. They have super 8s and you can lose nearly 3 championship games and still win an all Ireland !

They had it too good and then got gready. Apart from the financial aspect it is on fans, they made it boring. Two strikes and you should be out end of. They tampered with something that wasn't broken and it will be hard to get the momentum back.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Neewollah

Anyone have recent memory of getting a restricted view ticket. I have an offer of one and considering taking it. I was there maybe 10 years and from I remember the restriction minimal and ticket was good value

Neewollah wrote: »
    Anyone have recent memory of getting a restricted view ticket. I have an offer of one and considering taking it. I was there maybe 10 years and from I remember the restriction minimal and ticket was good value

320 lower davin has restricted view. Dont buy restricted seating it's not worth ur while tickets are everywhere you have ur pick

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Neewollah

This is a 723 upper hogan where the screen is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Neewollah wrote: »
    This is a 723 upper hogan where the screen is
    It's actually fine not much missing when the ball is that high in the air. But there are loads of tickets floating around. You must know some one in a club they dont have to send back unsold tickets until Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

If there are loads floating around, can anyone find me 3 decent tickets together please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

It looks like the only selection question is weather it will be Leahy or Buckley to start. I am betwixt and between as to which should start, there are pros and cons for each.The six backs and six forwards are pretty much set in stone. Unlike most I hope Donnelly plays a lot closer to goal for this game.He was superb against Limerick playing the harassing game however he is a superb stick man, a big man, fast and has an eye for goal. Browne has not put a foot wrong. In his two games to date, he has done a donkey load of work but there is more to him than work ethic. He is always at the heart of the action always near the breaking ball which shows how good he is at reading a game and he has a scoring threat, we have not seen that side of him in the past two games but hopefully we will next Sunday. Adrian Mullen with his pace his work rate and his ability to score from distance will hopefully start on the half forward line. If these three along with the other newcomer Lawlor cut it on Sunday we have a great chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

It looks like the only selection question is weather it will be Leahy or Buckley to start. I am betwixt and between as to which should start, there are pros and cons for each.The six backs and six forwards are pretty much set in stone. Unlike most I hope Donnelly plays a lot closer to goal for this game.He was superb against Limerick playing the harassing game however he is a superb stick man, a big man, fast and has an eye for goal. Browne has not put a foot wrong. In his two games to date, he has done a donkey load of work but there is more to him than work ethic. He is always at the heart of the action always near the breaking ball which shows how good he is at reading a game and he has a scoring threat, we have not seen that side of him in the past two games but hopefully we will next Sunday. Adrian Mullen with his pace his work rate and his ability to score from distance will hopefully start on the half forward line. If these three along with the other newcomer Lawlor cut it on Sunday we have a great chance.

I think Cody will want options from the bench when he looks around. Like you say i think the back and forward 6 will be the same as the last day. The question mark will be who partners Browne in midfield. Will it be Maher Leahy or Buckley. Training will decide this i would think but Buckleys experience of the big day may tip it in his favour IMO. Maher and particularly Leahy give him more scoring options from the bench.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement