Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭davidx40

Loved him as a player but can someone please tell Jackie to hibernate for a few days ....he talks some awful ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

davidx40 wrote: »
    I think our bench is our weak link ....especially scoring forwards ..... i dont think you can count Alan Murphy and Ger as useable subs ....

Delaney, Leahy, Maher, Ryan, Blanchfield and Brennan there is nothing weak about that bench.
    Conor Delaney is among the best defenders in Kilkenny, equally as good as those we are starting. He is unlucky that others upped their game to a level high enough to keep him on the bench.
    Ritchie Leahy is a superb talent, He was injured before the Limerick game and should not have started but it shows the confidence Cody has in him to have started him despite this.There is no fear whatsoever if he has to be brought in. This guy can do a midfield or half forward job and lets be honest he is probably more skillful that either of our selected midfielders.
    James Maher was one of the best midfielders last year and but for injury would be on the starting 15. He is another great sub to have who can also do a midfield or half forward stint. He is well above your average midfielder.
    Billy Ryan is another player who has improved in leaps and bounds. Who has played really well when brought in.
    Darren Brennan has proven himself an excellent goalkeeper.
    I have no problems nor no fears of this bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Plenty of talent on that bench. If it's in the mix with twenty to go and we bring in Ryan, Leahy and/or Maher, I'll be confident they'll bring it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

I for 1 have every faith in huw.watching him from behind the goal in the 2nd half v wexford I couldnt belueve how quick he actually is for a big man.find if the year for me.my only concern is buckley.he has not been fit in previous games and I would have gone for james maher.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

Delaney, Leahy, Maher, Ryan, Blanchfield and Brennan there is nothing weak about that bench.
    Conor Delaney is among the best defenders in Kilkenny, equally as good as those we are starting. He is unlucky that others upped their game to a level high enough to keep him on the bench.
    Ritchie Leahy is a superb talent, He was injured before the Limerick game and should not have started but it shows the confidence Cody has in him to have started him despite this.There is no fear whatsoever if he has to be brought in. This guy can do a midfield or half forward job and lets be honest he is probably more skillful that either of our selected midfielders.
    James Maher was one of the best midfielders last year and but for injury would be on the starting 15. He is another great sub to have who can also do a midfield or half forward stint. He is well above your average midfielder.
    Billy Ryan is another player who has improved in leaps and bounds. Who has played really well when brought in.
    Darren Brennan has proven himself an excellent goalkeeper.
    I have no problems nor no fears of this bench.

It’s an absolute guarantee Leahy and Ryan will be brought on.
    Leahy is a proven scoring game changer from the bench and I think he will have a big influence in the second half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Speaking to one of the wexford lads.and they done alot of work on the tipp goalkeeper who Davy saw as a weak link .big lad and finds it hard to get down to anything low
    Good hand but poor shotstopper also suspect on the puck outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭davidx40

3 hill tickects if anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BlachAmber

Looking for a single stand ticket if anyone wants to offload...

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Safe travels to all travelling tomorrow morning.

Be safe and enjoy the game.

Na Cait abú!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Good start to the weekend for the cats. Hopefully an omen for tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything about a possible problem with one of the ballyhale crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Anyone heard anything about a possible problem with one of the ballyhale crew.

No. What's the rumour?

No. What's the rumour?

Its It's probably bull**** .I won't feed it

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Might as well spill.

Might as well spill.

Mullen is supposed to be in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Massive loss if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Congrats to the Senior camogie team. Through to another All-Ireland final... where they will play Galway. And not Cork for once! :eek:

Also let's hope they never have to play in these shockingly bad jerseys again!

INPHO_01589679.jpg

Ah, it wouldn't be All Ireland eve if there wasn't a good old injury rumour :pac:

Even if Mullen was injured, and I doubt there is anything to it, I wouldn't see it as a huge problem. Billy Ryan can do a job :cool:

Sick apparently. Fingers crossed

Hopefully as sick as Brian Whelahan was in 1998..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Philip82

Looking like the wind and rain tomorrow will have a big bearing on the game. Tactics might have to be ammended on both sides because of it. Long ball might be the order of the day and lot of mistakes with it. Praying for a Kk win, hope everyone plays to their potential thats all we can hope for, see hw the result goes after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Mullen is supposed to be in doubt.

Lots of rumours alright.he has being sick and resting the last few days hopefully the medical team can get him right for tomor.

brookville wrote: »
    Lots of rumours alright.he has being sick and resting the last few days hopefully the medical team can get him right for tomor.

Did hear he picked up a bit of sickness alright earlier in the week but he’s young, he’s hardy he will recover quickly for tomorrow and be good to go I’d imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jack Barlowe

Hi. I have someone interested in the Davin ticket so looks like its gone. Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Yeah have been hearing since Thursday that Mullen is sick but didn't give it any credence. A friend heard from a U20 that he's out. Although another friend heard from one of our backroom team this evening that he's fine, the same lad knows someone who got to see a few mins on Wednesdays training and he said Mullen was there and taking part. Hard to know what's the story. Hopefully for his sake he makes it, it would be very tough to miss the AI after the year he's had. It would also be a big blow to our ambitions for 37 if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Yeah have been hearing since Thursday that Mullen is sick but didn't give it any credence. A friend heard from a U20 that he's out. Although another friend heard from one of our backroom team this evening that he's fine, the same lad knows someone who got to see a few mins on Wednesdays training and he said Mullen was there and taking part. Hard to know what's the story. Hopefully for his sake he makes it, it would be very tough to miss the AI after the year he's had. It would also be a big blow to our ambitions for 37 if true.

Glandular Fever supposedly

He done a session in ballyhale Friday evening on his own .and looked fine so I would say he is good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭droppingball

If he has glandular fever he won't hurl for shamrocks this year let alone hurl Sunday so hopefully nothing serious and all the lads are ready to go. Best of luck to both teams tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If he has glandular fever he won't hurl for shamrocks this year let alone hurl Sunday so hopefully nothing serious and all the lads are ready to go. Best of luck to both teams tomorrow.

Don't want to hear this news on a thread . Hope he plays but I trust Mr Cody to make the right decision

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement