Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

brookville wrote: »
    Would of liked to have seen enda Rowland get goalie.I dont think scruff was as good this year.Colin had his best year club and county for a long time I'm happy he is rewarded.Adrian after being substituted against galway in the park really blossomed until sickness before the final.Id be surprised if he doesn't get young hurler.Well done to everyone.
    When are the 4 teams going to that Fenway thing?some time in November it's only for a few days I wonder will the shamrocks and tullaron lads be able to go with club action.
    would have had Rowland in goal too and probably bubbles in for fennelly, complete and utter bias on this one but I taught 1 of liam Ryan or Matthew O'Hanlon might have got in the team but to be fair none of the 6 backs selected were crazy decisions, hurler of the year will be interesting as to my mind the last deserved winner was TJ in 2015. Should have been callanan in 16 not glesson, jamie barron in 17 not canning and canning last year not cian lynch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Congrats to adrian on scooping young hurler.Had a great year between club and county and is continuing his good form with the club.Hopefully a star in the making if he keeps up the hard work.

Best of luck to our 3 club teams representing our county this weekend.We usually go well in these competitions.Conahy find themselves in a unusual position after losing the final a few weeks ago.They play Fingallians who are more of a football side I think former footballer paul Flynn plays for them.James bergin picked up an injury playing for dcu midweek and will be a big loss.Conahy should put the disappointment behind them and try give this a go.They won it out about ten years ago but tomor will be a tough test especially if conditions aren't great.
    Tullaron I'm sure really enjoyed the last few days but they done a few nights in the pitch and should go well in this if they put the head down.Rosenallis a dual club and have the laois midfielder on board who's name escapes me.
    Ballyhale who will be down richie reid for the next few months should have enough for clonkill away.A sticky place to go but plenty of experience on the shamrocks side but they have being on the go the last 5 or 6 weeks that might catch up with them but I couldn't get over how fresh they looked last weekend.they integrate a few players every year and keep it fresh.
    Declan Browne has stepped away from ballycallan and he done a good job getting them up a few years early and leaves them in a good place.Plenty of youth and a few injured lads coming back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

€15 for tickets sunday If bought in advance is great value for a senior and intermediate county final.

€15! Wow! I wish I'd quit my job & sold my dog to fly over for that double-header! And I imagine that they'll be a fair few players missing from that silly game(& worse commentary) played up in Boston. Was finally gonna make the 60 mile drive just to see a few lads that won't likely be around much longer. Still, they'll be some talent on display. ...shame that silly invention doesn't showcase that talent. There are full sized pitches here. Anyway, enjoy the club scene. and thank god for radio apps!

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

An exhibition of forward play by Shamrocks.

When at their best they aren't far off many an IC team. ...during the league at least. Youngsters playing with confidence of very seasoned campaigners. Joy to watch & all bring a little different to the team. some of Adrian M's footwork & dummies are unreal, and the boy can shoot. Mick Fenn, how he's not just still at it but still dominant. Too many to list. KK has a bright future. Tough luck to Thomastown & the Village.

• Advertisement

Richie reid gave one of his best performances yesterday it's a pity he will miss the next 6 months.I know he got a few chances but he was thrown around a bit.Darren mullen and evan shefflin should see league time next year.Mullen is very intelligent and reads the game very well.Eoin cody will probably need to fill out a bit.
    I heard a few lads got phone calls at the weekend about not in the plans for next year.

completely missed it. did he go off injured? What? knee if 6 months would be my guess. He had a stormer. I really like watching him. Last year late in the AI run I was watching him & he looked like he was buzzing w/energy/anticipation/whatever, enjoying the game like a kid.That 'buzz' may have caused a few errors but I'd want him on my side. Get well.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    The world of Irish Gaa jerseys...badly needs the likes of Nike and Adidas....Canterbury to challenge the status quo.

Fxxx Adidas, threatened by an extra stripe on jerseys for sports the worlds never heard of. jeez, make a video yelling obnoxiously like you're the first yank to enjoy GAA & Tourism board brings him over. Sorry, just ranting. keep big companies out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Well done Conahy on the win over Fingallians, they beat Realt Dearg (first year at Junior A) in a semi final on the way to winning that championship, was more than happy to hear they were bet, especially by a kk team.

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    completely missed it. did he go off injured? What? knee if 6 months would be my guess. He had a stormer. I really like watching him. Last year late in the AI run I was watching him & he looked like he was buzzing w/energy/anticipation/whatever, enjoying the game like a kid.That 'buzz' may have caused a few errors but I'd want him on my side. Get well.

Richie is going on peace keeping duty with paul murphy so that's why he will miss the next 6 months or so.Big loss for the shamrocks.
    well done to both our club teams today.It was a praticular good win for conahy who wouldn't of being on a high like other county final winners.Also down their star foward it was a good win in challenging conditions.
    Tullaron also had to be on their game to get the win.Again their ability to get goals proving vital.Tommy and mossy very good by all accounts.Bigger tests lie ahead but if both teams put the head down we usually go very well in these competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Richie is going on peace keeping duty with paul murphy so that's why he will miss the next 6 months or so.Big loss for the shamrocks.
    well done to both our club teams today.It was a praticular good win for conahy who wouldn't of being on a high like other county final winners.Also down their star foward it was a good win in challenging conditions.
    Tullaron also had to be on their game to get the win.Again their ability to get goals proving vital.Tommy and mossy very good by all accounts.Bigger tests lie ahead but if both teams put the head down we usually go very well in these competitions.

Fr O'Neill the big test for tullaroan cork teams very strong at intermediate

• Advertisement

Thanks. Big loss but glad he is not injured like I'd thought. Tommy w/2 goals today! Looking forward to those bigger tests. Thx & take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

They will have to get out of Leinster first, Seir Kieran from Offaly are very strong this year

conor05 wrote: »
    They will have to get out of Leinster first, Seir Kieran from Offaly are very strong this year
    Is that the famous seir kierans club?was it the dooleys from there?

Is that the famous seir kierans club?was it the dooleys from there?

Correct and Joe Bergin plays full forward for them.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/gaa/seir-kieran-418845

It will be between themselves and Tullaroan for Leinster. They hammered the Meath senior champions yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Do some of them play for Imokilly?

Correct and Joe Bergin plays full forward for them.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/gaa/seir-kieran-418845

It will be between themselves and Tullaroan for Leinster. They hammered the Meath senior champions yesterday.

You'd have thought Meath champions would've played senior club in Leinster?

You'd have thought Meath champions would've played senior club in Leinster?

They used to up as far as 2005, but they dropped down to Intermediate level Leinster when the new competitions came in for 2006 onwards.

With Westmeath and Carlow teams out today in the Senior, you’d imagine the Meath teams would of stayed senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭big_drive

Do some of them play for Imokilly?

Ya Deccie Dalton, ger Millerick, Mark O’Keefe, billy Dunne

Ballyhale got there win against a good clonkill side.Ballyhale playing in fits and starts but credit to clonkill who played well.eoin cody the star foward today with 3 goals.Alot of the other big names quite although richie reid and darren mullen both very good.i thought richie wouldn't be available he must be going soon.
    St Mullins leading cuala by 3 half way through the second half.King con on now to try make something happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Some scalp for st mullins

• Advertisement

They will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of MLR and what they achieved in 2013

Some scalp is right.cuala not the same with out king con.They were lucky enough to win the county final.Shamrocks at home in two week against the Martin's.

Some scalp is right.cuala not the same with out king con.They were lucky enough to win the county final.Shamrocks at home in two week against the Martin's.

Are St Martin’s good?
    Haven’t seen much of Wexford club hurling since Oulart were on the scene.

Are St Martin’s good?

Working with a few wexford lads I dont think there that popular down there.got caught last year against naomh eanna in the final thought all they had to do was turn up.st.annes could of caught them last weekend granted they were down rory o connor.very good camogie team got to the final last year.You just dont know this time of the year conditions poor and a long year on players.The shamrocks are a serious club team.They weren't at their best today and colin,mullen and TJ quite by their standard but eoin cody steps up with 3 something.They have so many leaders around the field...I dont know if it's good for kilkenny If they go deep into the club scene without a break but tj colin and mullen all won awards Friday night the long year done them no harm.

Working with a few wexford lads I dont think there that popular down there.got caught last year against naomh eanna in the final thought all they had to do was turn up.st.annes could of caught them last weekend granted they were down rory o connor.very good camogie team got to the final last year.You just dont know this time of the year conditions poor and a long year on players.The shamrocks are a serious club team.They weren't at their best today and colin,mullen and TJ quite by their standard but eoin cody steps up with 3 something.They have so many leaders around the field...I dont know if it's good for kilkenny If they go deep into the club scene without a break but tj colin and mullen all won awards Friday night the long year done them no harm.

Is Rory O'Connor free for this match?

Shamrocks will win Leinster without any probs I reckon with Cuala gone.

It'll be a long season for the county lads again this year if they win Leinster in early December.

Are St Martin’s good?
    Martins are strong on paper but won the local championship without ever playing well, there has been constant rumours of discontent between players and management. They won 4 minors in a row down here from 2014-17 and 5 of the last 6 u21/u20, Wexford changed to u20 in 2018. That is the backbone of there side as you can imagine. Similar to ballyhale the team built around alot of same families, for example there will be 5 o'Connors playing who all either brothers or cousins, 6 actually started last years county final as George o'connor's son Barry has left to play aussie rules in Syndey is a good hurler too. They've 4 on the Wexford Senior panel rory,jack & joe o'connor and conor firman plus another 3 who were on the panel in 2018, about 20 of there panel played at least underage for Wexford.

If ballyhale get into gear i think they'll win comfortably, with cuala gone i'd say ballygunner are the only side left who could go toe to toe with them, possibly Patrickswell as Limerick champions have a good record Munster in the last decade. Ballyhale's biggest issue could be a long year catching up with them, happened na pairsaigh last year who were big favourites to win the Munster final against ballygunner in 2018 , Martins have had a long year too as they combine hurling and football at Senior level. I think the Martins are capable of winning leinster in the next few years but not under there current management, Charlie Carter is a coach with them he was in farming college with the manager tomas codd back in the day.

Is Rory O'Connor free for this match?

Shamrocks will win Leinster without any probs I reckon with Cuala gone.

It'll be a long season for the county lads again this year if they win Leinster in early December.

Rory is free served a 1 match suspension in the county final

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

I’ve seen abit of the Martins, on their day they’re very good but they haven’t really got going this year. They were lucky against the Anne’s. I heard Devereux is injured too. Rory, jack and joe o Connor are good, joe Coleman is a big man and a good free taker. Ciarian lyng not bad either but I’d fully expect ballyhale to win. I think the games in nowlan park? Be interesting to see the matchups, last day I saw them jack o Connor was full forward. If ballyhale can get over them they will fancy themselves if they don’t already.

Richie reid will be available for the Martins match.He will be gone after that.It should be a good match.Clonkill drove a good few wides today and racked up a good score.The problem for the opposition is if you hold down one or two fowards usually someone else steps up.
    I think the cuala team haven't hit the heights of a few years ago and have being on the slide a bit.Well done to st mullens today

• Advertisement

Richie reid will be available for the Martins match.He will be gone after that.It should be a good match.Clonkill drove a good few wides today and racked up a good score.The problem for the opposition is if you hold down one or two fowards usually someone else steps up.
    I think the cuala team haven't hit the heights of a few years ago and have being on the slide a bit.Well done to st mullens today
    today showed how vital con o'callaghan is to cuala, if he ever played for the Dublin hurlers he could be a game changer, big statement by ballygunner beat sixmilebridge by 12 in sixmilebridge, Hutchinson the former soccer player got 1-2 again, them and Patrickswell next Sunday will be interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement