Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭blackcard

2-14 was a good days work for TJ as Ballyhale trounced St. Martin's. I think Ballyhale's first goal was scored after 18 seconds. Could have scored 7 goals. Richie Reid was the most impressive player. On today's form, he would be worth a place in Kilkenny's half back line or centrefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

brookville wrote: »
    Martin's are very limited but infairness the shamrocks in full flow are a joy to watch.They always play the man in a better position while Martin's persisted with short ball and it wasnt working.Tj missed a penalty and a drove a few wides while martins got a late goal.It could of looked alot worse.Joey is an excellent club full back and Richie reid is in the form of his life it's a pity he will miss the league next year we could do worse than try him wing back.they really are a great club and we could see 4 of their fowards starting for kilkenny in the championship I dunno have we ever seen that before?
    Well done to tullaron and conahy the tullaron one could of being tricky but like the shamrocks a few early goals made it very difficult.

If you are lucky enough to be born in Ballyhale or Knocktopher and you make the Ballyhale Senior team, good things will happen to you in your hurling career.

A serious, serious hurling club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

conor05 wrote: »
    If you are lucky enough to be born in Ballyhale or Knocktopher and you make the Ballyhale Senior team, good things will happen to you in your hurling career.

Or Knockmoylan!

TJ's birthday today 32

Seems to be a neverending amount of talent in the club. Have to split it up into Ballyhale and Knocktopher to give other clubs a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

• Advertisement

Anyone know if the Super 11s in New York can be streamed anywhere tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Anyone know if the Super 11s in New York can be streamed anywhere tonight?

I dont think so but there will be highlights monday night on tg4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Is that the new jersey? Jaysus the price of the old one will go back up again once people see that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Martin's are very limited but infairness the shamrocks in full flow are a joy to watch.They always play the man in a better position while Martin's persisted with short ball and it wasnt working.Tj missed a penalty and a drove a few wides while martins got a late goal.It could of looked alot worse.Joey is an excellent club full back and Richie reid is in the form of his life it's a pity he will miss the league next year we could do worse than try him wing back.they really are a great club and we could see 4 of their fowards starting for kilkenny in the championship I dunno have we ever seen that before?
    Well done to tullaron and conahy the tullaron one could of being tricky but like the shamrocks a few early goals made it very difficult.

It sure sounded like it could've been a lot worse. Brutal. I could only listen on the radio but it sounded like there was a number of goal chances missed, & the penalty. Thinking at least 2 involved C. Fennelly & TJ one. They definitely let up in the last 15 too, but still were no match.
    Thx for the little recap.
    It is definitely possible we'll see those 4 forwards play. As individuals they're all extremely talented but I'd love to see them bring that brilliant interplay that makes things look/seem so easy. But there's quite a few good forwards around; Hogan, J. Donnelly, B. Ryan, Richie L., Sheehan, Ger A., the kid from the Village who I won't attempt to spell, & more(you could add to that list I'm sure. )
    Same in midfield. ... thinking about it, 3 are nearly guaranteed starters, so seeing Eoin come in or possibly start at some point is almost a sure bet.
    Really bummed about R. Reid, selfishly because BH still have challenges ahead & everyone's needed. Plus having really enjoyed watching him I was happy for him that in his current form he seemed sure to see time during the League. May still see him in black and amber. Wish him & Paul
    M. a safe deployment & hope they enjoy it more than Colin F. does ;) Disappointed not to have been able to catch anything from the other two. Was Tommy responsible for any of the 3 goals?
    Thrilled w/the football win. Baby steps being taken in KK football.
    While on the positive note, its really been great to see Joey Holden getting some well deserved, & overdue recognition at both club & County.
    *Anyone know if Mikey/Mick Walsh(think it's an 'a') of Gowran is playing any football?
    This M. W7alsh would be around 17-19 I think.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

Not sure what's worse , that jersey or those matching helmets they use when coming here. The black on the jersey seems to be growing w/each new one. Soon the only stripes left will be O'Neill's ...& I only get 2 of them. Lol. But hey, If they win, I don't care what they're wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭big_drive

Jersey is brutal. Looks like they had to stitch a big section in after running out of material

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Hard to mess up a black and amber striped jersey but that is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭big_drive

Could be a beautiful jersey if kept simple

Is that the new jersey? Jaysus the price of the old one will go back up again once people see that.

Jersey is a once off for the tournament. All 4 teams had new jerseys for the tournament

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    It sure sounded like it could've been a lot worse. Brutal. I could only listen on the radio but it sounded like there was a number of goal chances missed, & the penalty. Thinking at least 2 involved C. Fennelly & TJ one. They definitely let up in the last 15 too, but still were no match.
    Thx for the little recap.
    It is definitely possible we'll see those 4 forwards play. As individuals they're all extremely talented but I'd love to see them bring that brilliant interplay that makes things look/seem so easy. But there's quite a few good forwards around; Hogan, J. Donnelly, B. Ryan, Richie L., Sheehan, Ger A., the kid from the Village who I won't attempt to spell, & more(you could add to that list I'm sure. )
    Same in midfield. ... thinking about it, 3 are nearly guaranteed starters, so seeing Eoin come in or possibly start at some point is almost a sure bet.
    Really bummed about R. Reid, selfishly because BH still have challenges ahead & everyone's needed. Plus having really enjoyed watching him I was happy for him that in his current form he seemed sure to see time during the League. May still see him in black and amber. Wish him & Paul
    M. a safe deployment & hope they enjoy it more than Colin F. does ;) Disappointed not to have been able to catch anything from the other two. Was Tommy responsible for any of the 3 goals?
    Thrilled w/the football win. Baby steps being taken in KK football.
    While on the positive note, its really been great to see Joey Holden getting some well deserved, & overdue recognition at both club & County.
    *Anyone know if Mikey/Mick Walsh(think it's an 'a') of Gowran is playing any football?
    This M. W7alsh would be around 17-19 I think.

Think Ballyhale have Paddy Mullen to come back from a broken hand so I am sure he can slip in wing back or do a bit of juggling to replace Ritchie, though I will agree he is in the form of his life this last two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

Ballyhale have Conor Walsh back now from injury very good club hurler.
    Not saying he should have got one but Joey Holden wasn't even nominated for an All Star this year def doesn't get the credit he deserves

robwen wrote: »
    Ballyhale have Conor Walsh back now from injury very good club hurler.
    Not saying he should have got one but Joey Holden wasn't even nominated for an All Star this year def doesn't get the credit he deserves

Brian butler and paddy mullen both have knocks I think.The two of them were good last year.Conor walsh had a few serious injuries but very good on his day.Good to see him back.Its hard not to see them making the final now.Agreed about joey not getting the credit fair play to him he has being very steady.It couldn't of being easy.

Think Ballyhale have Paddy Mullen to come back from a broken hand so I am sure he can slip in wing back or do a bit of juggling to replace Ritchie, though I will agree he is in the form of his life this last two months.

Not a bad guy to have back, even if they'll be some juggling around. Thx

• Advertisement

Brian butler and paddy mullen both have knocks I think.The two of them were good last year.Conor walsh had a few serious injuries but very good on his day.Good to see him back.Its hard not to see them making the final now.Agreed about joey not getting the credit fair play to him he has being very steady.It couldn't of being easy.

No club team in Ireland have 6 backs that will hold that Ballyhale front 6. It would take a complete meltdown or complacent effort from Ballyhale not to win it out.

They have the right man in charge anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Goalie's jersey is like an All Blacks jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

blackcard wrote: »
    Jersey is a once off for the tournament. All 4 teams had new jerseys for the tournament

When is new jersey coming out - before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

That jersey better not be our new one. That is horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

That jersey better not be our new one. That is horrific.

blackcard said a few posts ago that it was a once-off for the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Richie reid gave one of his best performances yesterday it's a pity he will miss the next 6 months.I know he got a few chances but he was thrown around a bit.Darren mullen and evan shefflin should see league time next year.Mullen is very intelligent and reads the game very well.Eoin cody will probably need to fill out a bit.
    I heard a few lads got phone calls at the weekend about not in the plans for next year.

Who is not in the plans for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Village87

Who is not in the plans for next year?

I heard Tom Aylward, Robert Lennon, Steven Staunton are gone anyway

Village87 wrote: »
    I heard Tom Aylward, Robert Lennon, Steven Staunton are gone anyway

I think it was mostly fringe players.Robbie Fitzpatrick is gone also.Tom aylward probably the most unlucky.The squad that went to the states must have held on.Hopefully a few lads step up now next year

• Registered Users Posts: 27 YMCA

Any changes to club’s management teams for 2020?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Leinster club final in Portlaoise. St. Mullins were happy to toss for home venue but Ballyhale wouldn't agree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement