Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I think it's still decent value if you are bringing the family as kids going free is great. However I do think the GAA have an obligation to explain these price increases more clearly in order to justify them. Was there a justification given for this increase and if so what was it (I am aware these price increases came in last year, not this year)? I don't think anything along the lines of "we're still good value compared to other sports" is good enough btw.

Not sure why you have put that last sentence in inverted commas as it's not a quote I ever remember from the GAA?

Here is the explanation that was given - https://www.gaa.ie/news/clubs-to-benefit-from-ticket-price-increases/

I do laugh, and I'm not talking about you here, apologies if it feels like I'm picking on you!, at the people who moan about the GAA and all the money they make etc. do people actually think there are a few fat cats up in Croke Park making ludicrous amounts of money, the GAA is the clubs and the players, that's where the money goes. The accounts are all available for examination and they are very up front about their finances unlike some other sporting organisations in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Cheers Pogue. Like I said, I think it's decent value, am not moaning at all about it. That article is exactly the type of clear explanation to justify the price increase imho so cheers for the link. BTW the quote was directed more at those who compare the price with other sports. I don't think we should ever be doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

sasta le wrote: »
    League should be 10 euros max
    A 33% increase in price is crazy

There’s no increase. It’s the same as last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭blackcard

Anyone got the club fixtures, can't access them on kilkennygaa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Do we know yet who ballyhale have nominated for captain?my guess is colin again.will we have our fitzgibbon players this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

brookville wrote: »
    Do we know yet who ballyhale have nominated for captain?my guess is colin again.will we have our fitzgibbon players this weekend?

Will the Ballyhale lads and Padraig Walsh etc. be having a break for the next few weeks? When do we expect them back?

Good chance for others to stake a claim then if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Will the Ballyhale lads and Padraig Walsh etc. be having a break for the next few weeks? When do we expect them back?

by the look of TJ's Instagram he's off to Dubai for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭davidx40

Are the famous Callan boys gone to the village ?

Hopefully tj,colin,joey and Padraig get a good break.there will probably be niggles to some players that will need a few weeks.Hopefully we can get a full league into lawlor and delaney.Its a make or break year for players like blanchfield who have being on the panel a few years.luke scanlon,alan murphy and jason cleere are in the squad a few years aswell they should be starting to push for places.
    While its only club james bergin and shane walsh led by example as captain hopefully they get brought into the squad and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

by the look of TJ's Instagram he's off to Dubai for a few days

Some life and the gaa players do be moaning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Village87

Big League campaign for a lot of players. Last year we got relegated in the league without the Ballyhale players so we really need players in the 24/25 age bracket to step up. some players in there 3/4 years without doing much. Lads like Alan Murphy, Luke Scanlon, Enda Morrissey, Jason Cleere, Bill Sheehan, Billy Ryan, Liam Blanchfield

Hopefully Huh Lalor, Conor Delaney, Conor Browne, Richie Leahy and John Donnelly can continue there development. Paddy Deegan has shown good commitment and aggression and hopefully he can improve his hurling, needs to use his weaker side and hit the ball on the run.

Surely TJ, Colin, Padraig Walsh and Joey Holden can get a month off.
    Id imagine Adrian Mullen, Eoin Cody, Evan Shefflin , Mossy Keoghan and Tommy Walsh will be back in after this weekend. Them boys surely get a week to enjoy and relax and go again

Shane Walsh will surely get the call, fantastic final and a forward that is in great form.

I was looking forward to Tom Aylward playing in the league as he was outstanding in the club campaign, probably the best back in senior club championship last year. But he mysteriously got the drop over the winter. I dont know the reason why especially when they can carry near 50 players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

sasta le wrote: »
    Some life and the gaa players do be moaning

The ballyhale lads have been going for two years I think they are entitled to a break, they already missed the All Star and Team holiday so let them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

davidx40 wrote: »
    Are the famous Callan boys gone to the village ?

Windgap , I heard …….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Village87

Anyone hazard a guess at the team for Sunday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭big_drive

Who'll hit the frees with TJ absent?

Kevin Kelly took them last year and his out.Paul holden took them the last day.He could use alan Murphy for them but it's a good opportunity to try get experience into someone.As posted above we really need blanchfield,leahy,maher and others in that bracket to be more consistent and try nail down a starting spot.

If Shane Walsh and/or James Bergin are called up either could take the frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Both just won All Irelands and were probably on the beer for days. Neither would've been in with Kilkenny since they started back training due to club commitments. There is 0.00001% chance either Walsh or Bergin play on Sunday.

Murphy
    Morrissey
    Lawlor
    Deegan
    Fogarty
    Delaney
    David Blanchfield
    Maher
    Browne
    Leahy
    Wally
    Donnelly
    Ryan
    Murphy
    Aylward

Complete guess job and no idea if any are involved in Fitzgibbon or if any of them are injured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Grats wrote: »
    If Shane Walsh and/or James Bergin are called up either could take the frees.

Not sure about Bergin but I know for a fact the Shane Walsh got a call and was told to turn up to training. I would fully expect Bergin to have got a call too.

I know TJ is away but I can't imagine Cody will be giving too many lads a pass for the League. I would expect Bergin, Shane Walsh, Mossy and Tommy Walsh to have been in training this week if they expect to make it. I would also expect the likes of Eoin Cody, Evan Shefflin, Darren Mullen and probably Adrian Mullen too to be back at some stage this week. I think he might allow Joey, Colin and Padraig an extra week or two but they would be expected back in training and to be available for matches after that. It's not Cody's style to allow these lads to take a back seat. He had Kieran Joyce playing FB against Tipp 7 days after winning the clubs Intermediate All Ireland.

Anyway if you look at the players we have available this year it should bode well. I'm not sure if all of these lads are in the panel or are have been cut. I'm also sure I'll leave lads out and thats not deliberate it's just my poor memory.

Goalkeepers
    Eoin Murphy
    Darren Brennan
    there are other goodkeepers in the county but none seem to get called up

Defenders
    Ciaran Wallace
    Darren Mullen
    Huw Lawlor
    Paddy Deegan
    Michael Carey
    Tommy Walsh
    Jason Cleere
    Cillian Buckley
    Joey Holden
    Conor Delaney
    Conor Fogarty (think his midfield days are probably behind him)
    Padraig Walsh
    Mossy Keoghan (don't think he will play in the forwards)
    Enda Morrissey
    Paul Murphy
    Richie Reid
    Evan Shefflin
    Tom Kenny
    David Blanchfield

Midfielders
    James Maher
    Conor Browne
    I can lads listed in the forwards and backs being drafted in to play here. Wally, Padraig, Richie Hogan and Leahy

Forwards
    Walter Walsh
    Richie Leahy
    John Donnelly
    Colin Fennelly
    Adrain Mullen
    Eoin Cody
    Richie Hogan
    Liam Blanchfield
    TJ Reid
    Bill Sheehan
    Shane Walsh
    James Bergin
    Billy Ryan
    Ger Aylward
    Aidan Nolan
    Niall Brassill
    Luke Scanlon
    Alan Murphy

As I say there is probably obvious lads I'm missing but that is a panel of 41

Team I expect against Dublin on Sunday might be something like
    Eoin Murphy
    Ciaran Wallace, Huw Lawlor, Conor Fogarty
    Paddy Deegan, Conor Delaney, Cillian Buckley
    Richie Hogan, James Maher
    James Bergin, John Donnelly, Liam Blanchfield
    Billy Ryan, Walter Walsh, Bill Sheehan

I tried not to pick lads who were playing last weekend but I would expect to see the younger ones on the bench if only to stop the drinking. I didn't take Fitzgibbon into consideration at all just what I think could do well if we rest most of the club lads. I think James Bergin or Shane Walsh might start if even just for free taking. When you consider whats to be added back into the team over the next month or so we're not in a bad place.

• Advertisement

Tommy Walsh lined out for WIT today so perhaps other club players in Finals last weekend might turn out for us on Sunday. As was said above, why wouldn't they take their chance if given it

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

big_drive wrote: »
    Who'll hit the frees with TJ absent?

Alan Murphy?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Pundit Arena reporting that Henry Shefflin has stepped down from the position of Ballyhale manager...

Kilkenny People have it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Indo also !. Strange decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭royrogers

Is Adrian Mullen hurling Fitzgibbon?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Yes was on the cards .with tommy gone to camogie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

From what I know he had to be persuaded to stay on for this year. He has a big job and a big young family. There are only so many hours in the day and I'd say for his sanity he stepped away for a few years until the kids are a bit older.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Best of luck to him. What a legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

He really underwhelmed in his 2 years with ballyhale;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement