Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Fair enough as I said I was on the far side. In fairness to Huw he didn't make a meal of it and hopped up.

Yeah he took a fair shot to the jaw but got up and hurled well after. No sub came in for Brazzo as there was only 2 minutes left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Anyone else spot the booboo on the programme? Seems we were playing Allianz football :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Comerman wrote: »
    Heard Richie

Yep. Richie got Kclr's.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

While we wont learn a large amount from our first two games it's a positive to post 3-21 both games.We are getting game time into wallace,cody,carey and brassil.Ive being impressed with wallace and brassil but its the wexford and Clare match we'll have a clearer picture how we are going.It was intresting that browne was introduced corner back and delaney moved out to his more familiar position on the half back line.Corner back could suit browne but hopefully we might see a few of the shamrocks younger lads getting a run over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

The Shamrocks players have been given a month off from games apparently. They were back training the Friday after the AI club. They might not be introduced for the Wex game but should be back for Clare in the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Village87

The Shamrocks players have been given a month off from games apparently. They were back training the Friday after the AI club. They might not be introduced for the Wex game but should be back for Clare in the park.

Ballyhale players were back 3 days after the club all ireland under instruction from Brian Cody. TJ and Colin off for longer. TJ due to be taking longer than Colin

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

That’s some bull**** from Cody . No wonder lyng and Dempsey left, he has full control now nobody at all to question him in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Zetor19 wrote: »
    That’s some bull**** from Cody . No wonder lyng and Dempsey left, he has full control now nobody at all to question him in the slightest.

What's bull****? Giving tj and fennelly a rest?

Nonsense.

Tj Colin and all the Ballyhale lads should play no part in any of the league. P Walsh Richie and a few others the same . Keep them fresh instead of slogging around with the likes of Laois and Carlow in the muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Why should they play no part in the league? 4 months without a competitive game is a long time especially when being thrust straight into a championship battle. A month or two off is more than enough for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Brian017 wrote: »
    Why should they play no part in the league? 4 months without a competitive game is a long time especially when being thrust straight into a championship battle. A month or two off is more than enough for them

Totally agree. I'd imagine the players themselves would prefer to be back. In any case they're all training with their clubs at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Grats wrote: »
    Totally agree. I'd imagine the players themselves would prefer to be back. In any case they're all training with their clubs at this stage.
    Considering how vital the Dublin game is to our Championship. Win it and we're 99% certain of being involved at the business end, lose it and we're under serious pressure; it could mean having to beat both Wexford and Galway to get out of Leinster. So you'd think you they would prefer to get any rustiness they may have out of their system in 1 or 2 games in the League

Every other sport in the world has an off season but we feel the need to make our gaa players go 12 months of the year. A ridiculous mentality. Not to mention not allowing them have a few pints within 3 months of a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Brian017 wrote: »
    Considering how vital the Dublin game is to our Championship. Win it and we're 99% certain of being involved at the business end, lose it and we're under serious pressure; it could mean having to beat both Wexford and Galway to get out of Leinster. So you'd think you they would prefer to get any rustiness they may have out of their system in 1 or 2 games in the League

Absolutely. Colin Fennelly as captain will be very eager to get going. There's no great pressure with this new league format, therefore the Shamrocks players would be only too pleased to be involved. With the break from county hurling in April all the panel members would need to get as much training, and some hurling, under heir belts in the coming weeks. It's important to keep training regularly as it's not that easy to switch on and off. Nobody is suggesting that the players have to bust themselves. Most young athletes train regularly for personal fitness anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Tj Colin and all the Ballyhale lads should play no part in any of the league. P Walsh Richie and a few others the same . Keep them fresh instead of slogging around with the likes of Laois and Carlow in the muck.

Sorry I misunderstood your point in the last post. Not sure the decision on playing them or not would be any different with Dempsey and Lyng around, though, or why you think it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Village87 wrote: »
    Ballyhale players were back 3 days after the club all ireland under instruction from Brian Cody. TJ and Colin off for longer. TJ due to be taking longer than Colin

Yeah. Heard the Tullaroan contingent looked for some time off and were told they could have all the time they wanted but most likely indefinitely. This of course is nothing new with Cody. In fairness to him, he's been consistent on this for a long time now.

I meant overall Cody has it the way he wants now absolutely no opposition to him for picking teams dropping lads off panels whatever the case , dj will be a water carrier and no more than that and he won’t even recognize the other 3 lads .

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BlachAmber

I meant overall Cody has it the way he wants now absolutely no opposition to him for picking teams dropping lads off panels whatever the case , dj will be a water carrier and no more than that and he won’t even recognize the other 3 lads .

What opposition existed before to him picking and dropping as he sees fit that doesn't now?

Cody has always exuded an air of being the boss man but I know for sure that he's always sought input from his management team. He got rid of Skehan and co because he felt they were too quiet, and anyone who read Henry's book, particularly the chapter on preparing for Cork in '06, will have read of his getting everyone involved in tactics and preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Seen better and harder hitting girls cricket games than that crap tonight .
    It was so bad I flicked over to mayo v Dublin which resembled something like a mans game.

Of course there is only one way of playing the game :rolleyes: Is that your first time seeing Cork play btw or what exactly were you expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Please, enlighten us. You toss out some gems, then leave us hanging. Not all of us have such an inside line to the management staff & their personalities.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Advertisement

The local paper says we could have a few more regulars return over the next two weeks but it's hard to know who.The next two matches will be our toughest so we will have a better idea how we are going.The fitzgibbon is on this weekend with the final set for next wednesday.Dcu and it carlow are on opposite sides and if these two were to meet in the final they might be giving the wexford match off.
    Hopefully darren brennan will get a match or two in goal.
    Wallace has being very tidy in his 3 matches so he should hold on to his spot for the moment.Browne going in corner back was intresting and I'd like to see him get a few runs in this position.Delaney more suited to the half back line and can score from distance.James maher who has being unlucky with injuries will benefit from a few matches he was very good the other day.Alan murphy had a good first half and was very good with the frees.He does need to bring more consistency to his game if he is to make the breakthrough.
    Wally and richie will probably lead the line against wexford although we might see colin back soon.Sheehan has bulked up a bit and makes a real nuisance of himself.It didnt work for billy against carlow but again I'd try get games into him.Aylward mixed the good with the bad against carlow but he is trying very hard and that's the first thing you look for this time of the year.I dont know if he can reach the highs of a few years ago but it's an important league for him to keep his place on the panel when everyone comes back.I would like to see eoin cody or shane walsh get a run soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Is Kevin Kelly injured or is he even on the panel anymore? I had high hopes for Kevin but he was so unlucky with injuries.

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Is Kevin Kelly injured or is he even on the panel anymore? I had high hopes for Kevin but he was so unlucky with injuries.

Got an operation after the relegation match and I heard ann downey saying he will likely miss the club matches in April.

Best of luck to all of lads hurling tomor and dj who is over carlow.We are well represented in carlow and dcu so be nice to see both these teams make the final.jason cleere,scanlon,leahy,brassil and blanchfield are with carlow.Hopefuly brassil will be ok for tomorrow.Dcu had shefflin,donnelly,james bergin and jim ryan starting last day out.Darren Mullen came on late against w.i.t.
    Hopefully we will see a few of these lads over the next few weeks on our senior team.They should come back in good shape and touch should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭blackcard

Great win for Carlow IT, 14 points margin and scoring 5 goals. Goal for Liam Blanchfield, 2 points for Richie Leahy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

brookville wrote: »
    Best of luck to all of lads hurling tomor and dj who is over carlow.We are well represented in carlow and dcu so be nice to see both these teams make the final.jason cleere,scanlon,leahy,brassil and blanchfield are with carlow.Hopefuly brassil will be ok for tomorrow.Dcu had shefflin,donnelly,james bergin and jim ryan starting last day out.Darren Mullen came on late against w.i.t.
    Hopefully we will see a few of these lads over the next few weeks on our senior team.They should come back in good shape and touch should be good.

Brassil didn't play after his hamstring injury against Carlow.
    IT Carlow were the better team throughout and the Kilkenny lads played well. Cleere was strong in defence and Leahy and Scanlon dropped deep and did well pushing forward. Blanchfield caused a lot of trouble and got a good goal using his strength. FT 5-14 to 0-14

DCU and UCC is level at half time and the Kilkenny contingent on the pitch has increased for DCU they started with Evan Shefflin, John Donnelly and James Bergin. Shefflin was replaced (he wasn't playing well at 7 against Robbie O'Flynn) Darren Mullen came in and made a big impact, got a point too. Adrian came on before half time and picked up a point. James Bergin scored two very nice points in the first half when DCU were really struggling. 0-11 to 0-11 in that weather, is not bad.

Link to watch the second half https://youtu.be/SV1c7FI6mqc
    If you want to watch back the IT Carlow game https://youtu.be/5-FdvlXllao

Brassil didn't play after his hamstring injury against Carlow.
    IT Carlow were the better team throughout and the Kilkenny lads played well. Cleere was strong in defence and Leahy and Scanlon dropped deep and did well pushing forward. Blanchfield caused a lot of trouble and got a good goal using his strength. FT 5-14 to 0-14

DCU and UCC is level at half time and the Kilkenny contingent on the pitch has increased for DCU they started with Evan Shefflin, John Donnelly and James Bergin. Shefflin was replaced (he wasn't playing well at 7 against Robbie O'Flynn) Darren Mullen came in and made a big impact, got a point too. Adrian came on before half time and picked up a point. James Bergin scored two very nice points in the first half when DCU were really struggling. 0-11 to 0-11 in that weather, is not bad.

Link to watch the second half https://youtu.be/SV1c7FI6mqc
    If you want to watch back the IT Carlow game https://youtu.be/5-FdvlXllao

Dcu pipped at the post by an incredible sideline cut at the very death by mark Coleman.Given the awful conditions it was a brillant piece of skill..Adrian had a chance before that to get a point but it tailed off wide.Bergin got two nice points.As far as I know he hasn't being called into the kk panel.
    Great win for dj today and hopefully now they can do the business against ucc Wednesday night.They have being knocking on the door a few years now.Cleere was solid and has bulked up a bit.He has loads of ability so hopefully he can start breaking into the senior team soon.Hopefully brassil might see action Wednesday night but its probably unlikely.It should be a good match,hopefully the weather gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

For those unable to attend on Sunday, Wexford Kilkenny is the deferred game on TG4 at 15.40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Village87

For those unable to attend on Sunday, Wexford Kilkenny is the deferred game on TG4 at 15.40

Is Richie Leahy available this weekend ?

• Advertisement

Village87 wrote: »
    Is Richie Leahy available this weekend ?

One game suspension served against carlow but with fitzgibbon match wednesday hopefully the few carlow lads will be given the weekend off after a busy few weeks.Unfortunatley brassil is out for 5 or 6 weeks with a hamstring pity cause he was hurling well.The league probably starts for us this weekend.i wouldn't be rushing all the senior lads back its important to get games into lads trying to break into the team.I would like to see darren mullen and these kind of lads soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement