Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Busy August in store for the club players

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Fred Daly wrote: »
    I thought big games always brought on teams, laugh when i hear the Dubs might not turn up i think from limericks history they have a good reputation for not turning up they were lucky to hold on 2018. I agree scrap the
    munster championship have an open draw.

When was the last time the Dubs were in an All Ireland Final? Limerick usually turn up though they may not always see things out...similar to Kilkenny v Tipp in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

BloodyBill wrote: »
    When was the last time the Dubs were in an All Ireland Final? Limerick usually turn up though they may not always see things out...similar to Kilkenny v Tipp in 2019

Clare have won three in the last ninty years, Waterford have not won one since 1959, limerick have won two since the 1940s one against injured laden kilkenny team 1973, Cork did not win anything since2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Clare have won three in the last ninty years, Waterford have not won one since 1959, limerick have won two since the 1940s one against injured laden kilkenny team 1973, Cork did not win anything since2005.

Let's do the last 30 years. How many All Irelands have Dublin been in? How many semis ..1. Lets not rehash that hoary old chestnut of 'leinster being as competitive as Munster'. It isnt.
    Clare,Limerick,Waterford even Cork and Tipp would have many more All Irelands if they were in Leinster. Same as Kilkenny would have many,many less if they were in Munster.
    They are still a fantastic County. The All Blacks of Hurling. The Novak Djokovic of hurling if Kilkenny were a tennis player... Stephen Hendry is a better comparison from snooker.
    Hope they hurl well this year and let's just hope Dublin are competitive so ye arent going into the Leinster final cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Let's do the last 30 years. How many All Irelands have Dublin been in? How many semis ..1. Lets not rehash that hoary old chestnut of 'leinster being as competitive as Munster'. It isnt.
    Clare,Limerick,Waterford even Cork and Tipp would have many more All Irelands if they were in Leinster. Same as Kilkenny would have many,many less if they were in Munster.
    They are still a fantastic County. The All Blacks of Hurling. The Novak Djokovic of hurling if Kilkenny were a tennis player... Stephen Hendry is a better comparison from snooker.
    Hope they hurl well this year and let's just hope Dublin are competitive so ye arent going into the Leinster final cold.
    all i know is Limerick have a fine tradition of hype and underachievement and 1 all Ireland in 50 years would suggest so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Let's do the last 30 years. .

Let's not and say that we did.

You've made your point already, the munster championship has to be gotten rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

all i know is Limerick have a fine tradition of hype and underachievement and 1 all Ireland in 50 years would suggest so....

Hard to argue with that, last year a perfect example let's hope they've learned from it and be there or thereabouts for the next few yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

Will the KK VS Dub/Laois match be at a neutral venue or will it be an away fixture?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

Waterford would have many more All Irelands if they were in Leinster? Really? Care to cite what years they'd have been won in?

Mankbag wrote: »
    Waterford would have many more All Irelands if they were in Leinster? Really? Care to cite what years they'd have been won in?

When a fool talks tries to be arrogant, see where they were calling our players dogs yesterday but what would you expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

https://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/311053

Anybody know what the club in question is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

https://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/311053

Anybody know what the club in question is?

I heard a while back it was james Stephens.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭sportsmaddad

brookville wrote: »
    I heard a while back it was james Stephens.

I heard that too. So what does that mean for the rest of the panel? Would they be considered "close contacts", and in isolation?

Cody out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I heard that too. So what does that mean for the rest of the panel? Would they be considered "close contacts", and in isolation?

The full county panel were hardly all training together ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Thought it was a club player.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭kkclubhurling

From what I understand a club player tested positive for the virus, a few of his teammates were close contacts as he was with them socially away from the club. No one he trained with was deemed a close contact. About half a dozen or so of his friends who were close contacts have tested negative but still must isolate until the end of this week.

The club was told it could go back training as soon as last Friday but opted to take some time, back training this week.

https://www.the42.ie/ladies-football-county-minor-cancellations-5135398-Jun2020/

Disgraceful decision by the LGFA and Leinster GF council, And the Camogie association.
    No All Ireland series for Minor/U16/U14/U12
    A few provincial series , none in Leinster.

Makes a pure mockery of the "20x"20" and "If she cant see, she cant be it" ..
    How is that decision supposed to keep girls interested? Its hard enough to get girls onto pitches , and now they decide this !! Pure fcuking stupidity.....
    All the work that is being done by a few clubs in Kilkenny to keep GF going, and they get this decision from the legislators !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

I personally don't think any inter county underage competitions should be going ahead male or female this year. Club competitions are getting rammed into a short timeframe for no reason

I personally don't think any inter county underage competitions should be going ahead male or female this year. Club competitions are getting rammed into a short timeframe for no reason

Agree totally, most clubs might have 1 or 2 county minors for example, u17 will be played off in 5 or 6 weeks to allow minor county team to train. Totally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

Has the club player who tested positive done so in the last few days or this a legacy case from a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

greenspurs wrote: »
    https://www.the42.ie/ladies-football-county-minor-cancellations-5135398-Jun2020/

Disgraceful decision by the LGFA and Leinster GF council, And the Camogie association.

How is that decision supposed to keep girls interested? Its hard enough to get girls onto pitches , and now they decide this !! Pure fcuking stupidity.....
    All the work that is being done by a few clubs in Kilkenny to keep GF going, and they get this decision from the legislators !
    100% disagree. We're only back a couple of days and already I'm concerned at how things are progressing. We have U16 girls who are already being stretched to commit to U16 and minor camogie and football at club level, with some teams looking to train 3 times a week! I have no doubt it is a similar story with the boys teams. Any talk of intercounty at underage level should be knocked on the head, it simply should not happen this year. At the rate people are rushing around trying to squeeze as much as possible in, we will be shutting everything down again within a month. Keep it local, club only, that should be the message for this year.

kksaints wrote: »
    Has the club player who tested positive done so in the last few days or this a legacy case from a few weeks ago?

I believe it was last week, it was not transmitted in a sports/ GAA context.

Our club spoke with a local GP over the weekend and as far as he could say, none of his close contacts have tested positive yet, including family members and those living with him.

I don’t think it should be causing panic in all honesty, it’s bound to happen, many GAA and Camogie players are frontline workers, as long as clubs are diligent with protocols I think our clubs will be ok.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    100% disagree. We're only back a couple of days and already I'm concerned at how things are progressing. We have U16 girls who are already being stretched to commit to U16 and minor camogie and football at club level, with some teams looking to train 3 times a week! I have no doubt it is a similar story with the boys teams. Any talk of intercounty at underage level should be knocked on the head, it simply should not happen this year. At the rate people are rushing around trying to squeeze as much as possible in, we will be shutting everything down again within a month. Keep it local, club only, that should be the message for this year.

The boys are special ?

Are the hurling under age county teams playing games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

The boys are special ?

Are the hurling under age county teams playing games?

I think my view was pretty clear - there should not be any underage intercounty, boys or girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

What ever about county all the development blitz days are cancelled from u12 down in both lgfa and camogie.
    They can attend cul camps but cant play a blitz.
    Someone had to pay for the 65000 sets of gear i suppose

Any word on Adrian Mullen how he is progressing with his knee injury.

Another player in KK with corona, and a KK camogie player too ?

(house party)

(house party)

A rumour or a statement? Because if the latter it really serves no one any good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

(house party)

Heard all the camogie training is halted anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement