Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

There won't be any dressing rooms to disinfect. Use is being banned, as is clubs using gyms. Game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

Bonniedog wrote: »
    There won't be any dressing rooms to disinfect. Use is being banned, as is clubs using gyms. Game over.

Neither of those is going to stop matches going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

blackcard wrote: »
    Neither of those is going to stop matches going ahead

Looking forward to the matches getting back, the best of luck to all the teams hopefully everybody will be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Bonniedog wrote: »

Game over? What?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ClubFirst

The County Board should make all games behind closed now for the first few rounds. Going to be a disaster for clubs to distribute possible 20 tickets to their supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭big_drive

ClubFirst wrote: »
    The County Board should make all games behind closed now for the first few rounds. Going to be a disaster for clubs to distribute possible 20 tickets to their supporters.

I was thinking the same. Puts a lot of pressure on clubs if there’s a limit, who’s the lucky few. Could cause a lot of tension when some member with years doesn’t get a ticket

Be easier if County Boards just took it away from clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Presume we won't have a streaming facility available for any of the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Neewollah

I believe there are hoping to livestream some games. Most likely games in Nowlan Park as the facilities are already in place there.

These new Governments guidelines announced yesterday will surely mean games gone behind closed doors for the 1st few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Neewollah wrote: »
    These new Governments guidelines announced yesterday will surely mean games gone behind closed doors for the 1st few weeks

I think that would make more sense rather than the sh*tstorm it would create for clubs with trying to distribute the very few tickets that they'll get amongst members.

Did anybody venture to Freshford to day for the car bingo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Just wondering if anyone selected a team of the 90s in the Kilkenny people online thing. Here's mine for what it's worth..

1. Michael Walsh

2. Eddie O'Connor
    3. Pat Dwyer
    4. Willie O'Connor

5. Liam Keoghan
    6. Pat O'Neill
    7. Peter Barry

8. Andy Comerford
    9. Michael Phelan

10. Liam McCarthy
    11. John Power
    12. DJ Carey

13. Eamonn Morrissey
    14. PJ Delaney
    15. Charlie Carter

The two that troubled me the most were leaving out Bill Hennessy and Adrian Ronan. I might have squeezed Ronny in ahead of McCarthy but the selection wouldnt allow it.

No place for Liam Simpson Liam McCarty always put in a good graft with kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

Shamrocks v Tullaroan will be live on TG4 Friday week according to the Kilkenny People today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

robwen wrote: »

https://www.beosport.live/products/kilkenny-jhl-tullogher-rosbercon-v-emeralds

There's the link for the first streamed match for those interested. Six euros for a Junior match seems terrible value to me. It's five euros for one match under the WATCHLOI setup (It works out as roughly a euro per match under the full season deal) and that's using the RTE production setup and it's for a sport where the players get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

kksaints wrote: »

There's the link for the first streamed match for those interested. Six euros for a Junior match seems terrible value to me. It's five euros for one match under the WATCHLOI setup (It works out as roughly a euro per match under the full season deal) and that's using the RTE production setup and it's for a sport where the players get paid.

It's also for a sport where more people will be watching. tullogher and urlingford will be bringing in very few viewers in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Village87

It's also for a sport where more people will be watching. tullogher and urlingford will be bringing in very few viewers in fairness

I will be watching. Looking forward to watching every match i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

It will and I assume that it is more of a trial match to get the cameras set and the streaming platform up and running. I also assume that the senior matches will be €6 which feels better value albeit still somewhat expensive compared to most counties for which it seems to be €5 per match and there doesn't seem to be any Championship passes available. I just think for the first match it should be a lower price such as €2 or €3 to make it more appealing to people and to offer people a cheaper example of what the streaming production will be like and to compensate for the lower standard of hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

kksaints wrote: »

Well if you consider they've to employ people to do it and they've got Nemeton TV from west Waterford who do all the games for TG4 you know the quality will be good too excellent.

If you go to a club game it's €5 at the gate and considering most people are driving to a neutral venue your probably spending at least a €1 on the petrol/diesel to get to the game and back. You could even have a few around and watch the match together for the price of 1 going to the game. This is not about making any money I would say it's more about covering their costs of hiring Nemeton.

It's €4.88 I assume there is €1.12 VAT or credit card charge applied to bring it to €6. I do agree a package deal should be offered for the Kilkenny Championship but they probably are unsure how many matches their going to actually cover. I know the Boro were asked by the Co board and to change of time for two of their games which they agreed too, so they could be streamed. Unfortunately the opposition teams couldn't or wouldn't agree for whatever reason. I don't know why a team wouldn't change a time to allow their supporters to get to at least see the game streamed.

The streams planned so far.
    Friday 24th 7.30pm- Tullogher v Emeralds

Thursday 30th 7.30pm- Thomastown v Glenmore
    Friday 31st 7.30pm- Ballyhale v Tullaroan on TG4
    Saturday 1st 1pm- James Stephens v Danesfort
    Saturday 1st 4.15pm- Erins Own v Mullinavat

Not a bad schedule for the first weekend of Senior and Intermediate.

I presume all games to be streamed are in the Park?

Plenty of clubs won't want to go there because they'd get ripped to pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 doel

I presume all games to be streamed are in the Park?

Plenty of clubs won't want to go there because they'd get ripped to pieces.

Ripped to pieces??
    please explain

Bigger pitch. Suits better teams. If you've had a game fixed for a tighter field against a team with a good forward line you'd rather play them on the tight field like Ballyragget than in the Park.

Nowlan Park is a superb pitch but a lot of teams won't want to play there from a results perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭KK36

Bigger pitch. Suits better teams. If you've had a game fixed for a tighter field against a team with a good forward line you'd rather play them on the tight field like Ballyragget than in the Park.

Nowlan Park is a superb pitch but a lot of teams won't want to play there from a results perspective

Nowlan Park is the same size as Ballyragget

You learn something new every day.

The point stands. Clubs will decide not to play in Nowlan Park if it suits them to play elsewhere regardless of streaming for supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

KK36 wrote: »
    Nowlan Park is the same size as Ballyragget

I believe the pitch in Ballyragget is actually slightly bigger than Nowlan Park and has the same dimensions as Croke Park. The county team were using it a few years back for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

If a team has serious prospects of winning the championship, they would be mad not to use the chance of playing in Nowlan Park before semi's and final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Some people really over think what is essentially a simple game.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Any reports from the junior matches tonight? Was at Conahy v Graignamanagh in Bennettsbridge. As a Graignamanagh man I am happy enough with effort despite losing by 6 pts. Our lads stuck in well despite Conahy being the better team. A couple of times we got back to 3 or 4 pts but just couldn't close the gap. James Bergin was a class apart in the first half and probably hit 5 or 6 points from play. He was quieter in the 2nd half and both he and the Graig full back went off injured after an accidental clash. Graig have Galmoy next week who will be on a high after beating Barrow Rangers. I don't see us going too far this season but we live in hope. Conahy would have to improve on tonight's performance to challenge but you can see the potential is there. With no programs available I didn't know the names of the Conahy players but they have plenty of good hurlers. Also there were a number of people watching from outside the walls of the pitch and more than a few who climbed in! Doesn't really make any sense to not let more in as there is plenty of room for social distancing. I am sure the GAA would take a common sense approach is the government would ease the restrictions a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Was at the Boro v Ballyhale Junior match this evening and it was great to see a match again. A very one sided game as the Boro ripped into Ballyhale and won at their ease and probably should have scored even more than the 1-30 to 0-14 scoreline.

Not much else to say as it was very hard to draw much from any performances in a contest like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭thesultan

Can you buy one of these streamed games from Nemeton?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement