Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

bamayang wrote: »
    Hypothetical question: Say a club has to 'stand down' activities for a week due to a case or two in the middle of championship Would there be a walk-over or delay the match?

Currently one of the junior camogie teams are stood down. Hoping for all clear this week.1/4 finals have been moved back a week to accommodate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Won't mention anyone by name for obvious reasons.
    But a club played players who had parents confirmed positive on Friday. Let sons play the game and then contacted county board on Sunday. Both clubs are now stood down awaiting players tests that were done this morning. We may just call it all off. if clubs can't be trusted
    I've been told who this club is and I'm just wondering why we shouldn't name them because personally I think **** em. But I'll refrain since others are

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

kksaints wrote: »
    St Patrick's win by 14 in the end. Bad match although Ballyragget could only really beat what was but in front of them and that was a woeful John Lockes side. Its hard to see them staying up with a poor attack and a backline which conceded 4 goals which really should have been 6.

You have to remember Ballyragget were senior for a couple of years Callan were only junior two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fred Daly wrote: »
    You have to remember Ballyragget were senior for a couple of years Callan were only junior two years ago.

Fair enough but John Lockes were unbelievably bad.

greenspurs wrote: »
    National Hurling League (4): 2009, 2012, 2014, 2018[/quote

Must have been injured in '13.][/QUOTE

Cody was also out sick that time Fogarty, Dempsey , took over the reins in that league final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

I've been told who this club is and I'm just wondering why we shouldn't name them because personally I think **** em. But I'll refrain since others are

What I heard is that the family in question didn't inform their own club till after the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

Will Blanchfield be the new Colin Fennelly for KK i.e. same role at full forward? - bustling target man who wins frees and scores goals.

I remember the goal he got in PP V Dublin a few years ago that won the game plus I saw him for Carlow IT in the Fitzgibbon Final this year: he scored a goal was was a real handful until he went off injured with the hamstring.

Blanchfield seemed to put on a couple of stones with strength and conditioning in his first winter training, with the county,he lost pace and it seemed to affect his confidence. Looks trimmer now and he was in the top 3 forwards at club level last year. I would still like to see him lose another stone as he is well built anyway and I would like to see him get a good run with the county, still only 23

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

robwen wrote: »
    What I heard is that the family in question didn't inform their own club till after the game

That is not true.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Is the club you are on about Thomastown. I heard a parent of 2 club players has tested positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

That is not true.

People are jumping to conclusions too quickly. Check out the facts first.
    Perhaps the guys in question had no contact with their mother.
    The Covid tests are being questioned for their accuracy.

• Advertisement

I do not know do they live at home or away from home. But if one parent receives a positive result on the Friday and the two sons live at home and between them and the club they decide to play the match the following day and inform the county board after then its easy conclusion, severe punishment is required. The health and livelihood of all individuals is much more important than playing one match. Selfishness and negligence like this causes a spread, lockdown and other severe effects

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

That's a lot of IFs! How about we just wait and let the truth come out first.

Village87 wrote: »
    I do not know do they live at home or away from home. But if one parent receives a positive result on the Friday and the two sons live at home and between them and the club they decide to play the match the following day and inform the county board after then its easy conclusion, severe punishment is required. The health and livelihood of all individuals is much more important than playing one match. Selfishness and negligence like this causes a spread, lockdown and other severe effects

So you know nothing about it, but you take/make up the worst case scenario?

If ….. - if you knew the full, correct story.....

(ps. the result was known on the Sunday - AFTER the match, but carry on...)

Won't mention anyone by name for obvious reasons.
    But a club played players who had parents confirmed positive on Friday. Let sons play the game and then contacted county board on Sunday. Both clubs are now stood down awaiting players tests that were done this morning. We may just call it all off. if clubs can't be trusted

I am only commenting on what was reported earlier in the forum

I am only commenting on what was reported earlier in the forum

You named the club.

And then recommended that they be suspended - and then made up a story of what might have happened maybe, if …… if …..

Ridiculous stuff.
    Just shows how hysterical some people are getting at the moment.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    That's a lot of IFs! How about we just wait and let the truth come out first.

Thats fine to wait .but what about the teams thomastown played against last weekend both in camogie and hurling. And the players from those clubs that cant go to work at the moment.How long should they wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Looks like numbers down to 15 from 200 at a match !

A lot of ifs buts do donts there.

Thats fine to wait .but what about the teams thomastown played against last weekend both in camogie and hurling. And the players from those clubs that cant go to work at the moment.How long should they wait.

What are you judge jury has anything been said by the Co Board, or Thomastown gaa yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Playing a game against somebody who has Covid-19 outside is considered a casual contact and hence your risk of contracting the virus are incredibly low and the HSE and almost every expert out there would not recommend that you get tested. So players who played against Thomastown or any other team who may have had a player playing with Covid or was a close contact of somebody who has it shouldn't isolate unless they display symptoms. Read the GAA's statement today about this.

• Advertisement

Fred Daly wrote: »
    What are you judge jury has anything been said by the Co Board, or Thomastown gaa yet.
    . All teams involved advised to stand down by county board .and await results.

Playing a game against somebody who has Covid-19 outside is considered a casual contact and hence your risk of contracting the virus are incredibly low and the HSE and almost every expert out there would not recommend that you get tested. So players who played against Thomastown or any other team who may have had a player playing with Covid or was a close contact of somebody who has it shouldn't isolate unless they display symptoms. Read the GAA's statement today about this.

Exactly. A sensible post.
    People are losing the run of themselves.
    I'ts bad enough without a culture of snitching sneaking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭sportsmaddad

From what I've heard about this Thomastown case, I fail to see what the players or club did wrong. As I understand it, the parent was not displaying symptoms and got her positive test result on Sunday AFTER the Intermediate match. I believe she had followed all the guidelines as regards isolation, etc while awaiting the results, so presumably had kept away from the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭larrya

The said parent attended the game so don’t see how that is following all guidelines.

larrya wrote: »
    The said parent attended the game so don’t see how that is following all guidelines.

The said parent attended the match BEFORE the test result …. :rolleyes:

And both players involved were found to be negative....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Whatever about the guidelines, just from a common sense point of view, if you're out and about after getting tested you're a selfish ****ing idiot. That's not specific to this case - it's a general point.

Oh I might have a deadly contagious virus I better go get tested.

*walks out of test

Must go to that game this evening

Whatever about the guidelines, just from a common sense point of view, if you're out and about after getting tested you're a selfish ****ing idiot. That's not specific to this case - it's a general point.

Oh I might have a deadly contagious virus I better go get tested.

*walks out of test

Must go to that game this evening

Youre just casting assumptions, inferring that's what happened .

Slightly veiled, but you did, none the less.

(deadly - not really, only to a small percentage of people )

Youre just casting assumptions, inferring that's what happened .

Slightly veiled, but you did, none the less.

(deadly - not really, only to a small percentage of people )

Yes, I agree. A way over the top reaction and remarks like that only encourage further lock downs and giving the powers that be further excuses to prolong social distancing etc. It is time to cut out the hysteria and let's re-open our games.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭larrya

If you get tested would it not be common sense to wait for the results before you go back out mixing with people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The parent should be self isolating pre the test result.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement