Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

seligehgit wrote: »
    The parent should be self isolating pre the test result.

I recieved a message this morning from.my club stating that all gaa activities are ceasing pending the results of a covid test of one individual involved with the club.... wise decision in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

GAA officials met up last to discuss options regarding the Intercounty championship

Most realistic option must be play the championship behind closed doors ?It will obviously hit the GAA pockets hard but would be better than cancelling the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Had attended quite a few matches, at all levels, up to latest shut down. Have to admit that complacency had set in big time from players, supporters, officials etc. Wonder if the GAA should just postpone the club scene for a few weeks and cancel inter County altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

The latest recommendations as regards club games. Will be unenforceable. One parent per child who is going to police that.county finals will need DNA tests

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

Grats wrote: »
    Had attended quite a few matches, at all levels, up to latest shut down. Have to admit that complacency had set in big time from players, supporters, officials etc. Wonder if the GAA should just postpone the club scene for a few weeks and cancel inter County altogether.

Found similar. First 2 games that I attended were fine. Third match, well more than 300 attended , subs sitting beside each other, teams did a huddle before the match.
    If the GAA are allowed to have spectators, Covid-19 officer from each club needs to enforce rules reminding players and spectators of the rules. Not a job I would like but has to be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭thesultan

Could anyone put up the results of the senior championship games so far please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

thesultan wrote: »
    Could anyone put up the results of the senior championship games so far please?

http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/fixtures?countyBoardID=15&daysPrevious=11&orderByRank=Y

All results there, for all grades.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

greenspurs wrote: »
    The said parent attended the match BEFORE the test result …. :rolleyes:

And both players involved were found to be negative....

Isn't there social distancing at these matches and people attending kept to the minimum to avoid contact.
    What is the point of social distancing and masks then.
    The hospitals are empty and the country is at a standstill.
    At this stage herd immunity has set in and people should go about their business without interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

At this stage herd immunity has set in and people should go about their business without interference.

Has it? You obviously know a lot more than anyone else in that regard if so! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Isn't there social distancing at these matches and people attending kept to the minimum to avoid contact.
    What is the point of social distancing and masks then.
    The hospitals are empty and the country is at a standstill.
    You better get your data to the WHO, they haven't confirmed the existence of herd immunity anywhere, it would be a huge breakthrough internationally, especially given how few cases Ireland has had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

You'd wonder about some people and how and where they get their news. We all want matches but at the end of the day, is it worth going to a few matches if it meant that anyone one vulnerable person in my community may either contract or possibly die from said contraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭corner back 2

You'd wonder about some people and how and where they get their news. We all want matches but at the end of the day, is it worth going to a few matches if it meant that anyone one vulnerable person in my community may either contract or possibly die from said contraction.

100% agree with your point. I think some of the anger coming from GAA people around the country is the inconsistent nature of the restrictions with so many indoor activities still being allowed eg pubs/restaurants, cinemas, weddings, even mass! I would love to go to our first round match in Junior championship as it's a major local derby but as numbers continue to rise we just have to accept that it is not a top priority in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

So who are the biggest danger to Ballyhale if any?I think Dicksboro and O Loughlins are the only teams that can beat them in a once off.Ballyhale should get nicely back into their groove next weekend,they will need to start getting in to form as their q final wont be easy.Relegation to me looks like The Rower Tullaroan Danesfort and Ballycallan,eith the Rower and Ballycallan my two favs to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

I've been completely underwhelmed by Ballyhale although they have been poor in the league before. However I think this year they're at a major disadvantage and I think it may take them a year or two to overcome that. The retirement of Mick Fennelly cannot be overstated. Ballyhale have played poorly in the last few leagues, who was missing in most of those games, Mick Fennelly. When he played the defence gelled and they played savagely. In fact one of their poorest games on the way to retaining they're AI was in the North for the semi. Fennelly had been with Offaly the day before and was wrecked which he admitted himself after the game but they did enough to get over a very good Slaughtneil team. Ballyhale are also missing Adrian Mullen who is a huge loss. While they they still have unreal talent up front I don't know if Darren Mullen but particularly Evan Shefflin are big enough leaders to fill the massive void Fennelly would leave in any team. Richie Reid is good no doubt but he's not M Fennelly (there isn't a player like him in the country).

Ballyhale can beat OLG and the Boro on their day but I think one of them will take them down. Ballyhale with Fennelly and Mullen along with a bench that tapers rapidly will likely catch them somewhere on the way.

They'll probably win again and make a show of me but I just don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    So who are the biggest danger to Ballyhale if any?I think Dicksboro and O Loughlins are the only teams that can beat them in a once off.Ballyhale should get nicely back into their groove next weekend,they will need to start getting in to form as their q final wont be easy.Relegation to me looks like The Rower Tullaroan Danesfort and Ballycallan,eith the Rower and Ballycallan my two favs to go down.

I think a few teams will definitely fancy their chances.The shamrocks will obviously be very hard to beat but mick fennellys presence will be a loss along with adrian mullen injured and henrygone from the line but they should have darren mullen back.i did hear mick fennelly was taking part in training maybe just staying fit with nothing going on in offally.
    Comer dissapointed in the secound half against the boro but they were going well up to that and put up a big score against clara without fogarty.
    The village rested a few household names today against Clara but they have a few good young players coming through.
    The vat will be happy enough so far.they are missing a few players from the last few years.John walsh is hurling well.
    The rower conceded two quick goals against clara to change that game.Joyce and joe lyng went off last week but leahy is gone for a long time he will be a big loss.they have a big challenge against ballyhale who look to be up and running.
    Clara have brought on a few younger lads but bolger is still the danger man and definitely a game changer on his day.
    The bridge have changed their team a little bit and have plenty of experience.i dont think the enda Morrissey experiment is working but blanchfield is hurling well and has really turned into a huge man,hopefully he can get a good run with the county if it ever returns.
    Theres not much between o loughlins and the boro.Its great to see buckley back to his best.Id like to see more of robbie buckley I think if this lad filled out he could be county standard
    Ballycallan have missed billy Ryan and conlor murphy and look to be trouble.Danesfort have flirted with relegation in the past.i think paddy hogan was injured but richie is hurling well.
    Tullaron have being competitive and peter walsh who was a goal getter last year hasn't featured.
    We have seen alot of players getting injured with hamstring the most common.If a team can stay injury free and get a bit of momentum for a few weeks it could be very intresting.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think the shamrocks are coming back to the pack and that pack is very even underneath them.its very competitive at all grades where most teams can beat each other on any given day.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

What type of an injury does Richie Leahy have?

Also, has anyone any wildcard players that could receive a call up based on their club form (that has not been involved to date) for the county side - if indeed there is a championship this year.

I believe it will happen, albeit during winter and behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Has it? You obviously know a lot more than anyone else in that regard if so! :rolleyes:

An Irish Donald Trump me thinks.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

What type of an injury does Richie Leahy have?

Also, has anyone any wildcard players that could receive a call up based on their club form (that has not been involved to date) for the county side - if indeed there is a championship this year.

I believe it will happen, albeit during winter and behind closed doors.

Richie Leahy pulled his hamstring at the start of the second half against the Boro on the first day out. It was right in front of me and he looked to be in a lot of pain. I doubt he'll take part in anymore club action but I would expect he'll to be back for the county whenever that goes ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    An Irish Donald Trump me thinks.

I am humbly flattered by such a compliment.
    The best POTUS ever.
    Any chance of discussing the hurling lockdown.

Saturday

Ballyhale v Rower Inistioge 2pm

Can only see this going one way especially with the Rower missing Leahy and likely missing Joe Lyng and Kieran Joyce who were both playing well up to now. Ballyhale by 8+

Danesfort v Mullinavat 5pm
    I'd fancy Mullinavat in this one with how they've been going and how Danesfort have gone. Danesfort usually have a big game in them during the league but once other teams get to championship pace they usually wilt away. Mullinavat by 5

Sunday

Bennettsbridge v Graigue Ballycallan 2pm

The Bridge should be too strong for GBC especially if Billy Ryan is still missing for them. While the Enda Morrissey experiment has been judged a failure from most who've seen them they still have plenty of talent and with Blanchfield in good form and young Brennan they should have enough against a limited enough Ballycallan team. I think Ballycallan are down 9 of the starting team that got them senior a few years ago. That's a huge hole to fill for a small parish.
    Bridge by 8

Erin's Own v Tullaroan 5pm

This I think will be the game of the weekend. Tullaroan have struggled a bit since their draw at the death against Ballyhale. I think if they had won that the confidence could have seen them safe in their group. Erins Own wilted big time against the Boro in their final league match also playing a clearly unfit Conor Fogarty was a mistake in my opinion. Hopefully Fogarty is fit and available for them tomorrow, if he is I'd just about call it for Comer. However given the uncertainty of his availability I'm going to plum for Tullaroan by 2

That would see relegation semi's with
    The Rower, Danesfort, GBC and Erins Own. I think the only one safe there would be Comer the other 3 are all in danger on any given day.

Quarter finalists
    Ballyhale, Mullinavat, Bridge, and Tullaroan
    Drawn against
    Boro, OLG, Clara, Village

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

Shamrocks 13 points up at halftime. We're been well outclassed by the Shamrocks so far but in fairness very few clubs could cope with losing 4 key players to injury. TJ is looking sharp and Darren Mullen has looked impressive. Eoin Cody has done well. Cathal Bolger has got some good scores from almost no possession for us but I'm fearful of an annihilation in the next half.
    Hopefully some of our injured players are fit for the relegation matches otherwise we're probably going down.

kksaints wrote: »
    Shamrocks 13 points up at halftime. We're been well outclassed by the Shamrocks so far but in fairness very few clubs could cope with losing 4 key players to injury. TJ is looking sharp and Darren Mullen has looked impressive. Eoin Cody has done well. Cathal Bolger has got some good scores from almost no possession for us but I'm fearful of an annihilation in the next half.
    Hopefully some of our injured players are fit for the relegation matches otherwise we're probably going down.

And boy did we get annihilated. 38 point loss. Shamrocks look in good shape but we're in serious trouble and it's hard to imagine a team in worse form then us. The other teams would want to be seriously bad for us to stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Rower-Inistioge : 0-8(8)
    Ballyhale Shamrocks : 4-34(46)

Must be a fair old while since any Senior team were beaten in a championship fixture by that sort of margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Scary scoring from ballyhale.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭kkclubhurling

You won’t see a greater of exhibition of hurling than the one Richie Hogan has put in in the first 30 minutes against Mullinavat, simply exceptional

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

1-23 to 3-17...........Mullinavat have come back from the dead to force extra time.

Mullinavat now 15 points up in injury time! Strange goings on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    1-23 to 3-17...........Mullinavat have come back from the dead to force extra time.

Mullinavat now 15 points up in injury time! Strange goings on today.

Danesfort very unlucky in normal time, don't know how Sean Cleere found 5 minutes of extra time to allow Vat to equalise. Fort 8 points up at half time, 5 points up with a few minutes to go. Vegas ability to get goals kept them in the game. Great game by John Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Danesfort were unlucky alright.vegas were hanging in.richie who was outstanding missed a few frees to turn the screw a bit but they can take alot from today.The last free was brought in for descent which teams should of known with tonight's ref cause vegas were lucky that one earlier wasnt brought in.John walsh who was marked by paul murphy was again very good and a few years with the county he could be a scoring foward we are looking for.i heard the panel is open till the championship is over it will be intresting to see does anyone get called in if we do have an all Ireland.
    The rower will hopefully have lyng and joyce back the next day and probably try chance leahy but it's a huge defeat to get up from.I dont think jim ryan played either so hopefully they can try regroup

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

You won’t see a greater of exhibition of hurling than the one Richie Hogan has put in in the first 30 minutes against Mullinavat, simply exceptional

Any chance there's any way to still get access to a stream/copy of the match? Was one I'd been looking forward to. Thx

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Advertisement

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    Any chance there's any way to still get access to a stream/copy of the match? Was one I'd been looking forward to. Thx

I think if you go on the streaming page on the Kilkenny GAA website and buy the match you can still watch it afterwords. I can still watch the Ballyhale vs Inistioge match today not that I want to put myself through that again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement