Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Anyone having trouble with the stream? Trying to play the game now but keep getting a "network error"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

Comerman wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with the stream? Trying to play the game now but keep getting a "network error"

Streaming quality wasn't great . Bennettsbridge 7 points ahead just after half time when GB went down to 14 men. However, BB then proceeded to play some of the stupidest hurling I have seen giving away free after free. I think practically all bar a few of the GB points came from frees. Billy Ryan started but not fit.
    GB probably better than the Rower but struggled to score from play.
    BB won't be going much further based on today, serious discipline issues

blackcard wrote: »
    Streaming quality wasn't great . Bennettsbridge 7 points ahead just after half time when GB went down to 14 men. However, BB then proceeded to play some of the stupidest hurling I have seen giving away free after free. I think practically all bar a few of the GB points came from frees. Billy Ryan started but not fit.
    GB probably better than the Rower but struggled to score from play.
    BB won't be going much further based on today, serious discipline issues
    Got this reply from beosport.live

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I'm afraid we're experiencing an issue preventing pages and content from loading. We're identifying the issue and will fix it as quickly as possible.

We'll reach out once everything is working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

kksaints wrote: »
    I think if you go on the streaming page on the Kilkenny GAA website and buy the match you can still watch it afterwords. I can still watch the Ballyhale vs Inistioge match today not that I want to put myself through that again.

Thank you. I can imagine yesterday's match is not one many will want to see a 2nd time. Thx again.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Is anyone else having trouble with the stream for the Comer game?

It’s very jumpy.

The Bridge/GBC game wouldn’t load.

• Advertisement

It’s very jumpy.

We couldn't play it on my account but purchased it on the son's one and it worked grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

GAA BEO tweeted that there were issues with the network which was effecting a lot of Northern Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Kilkenny SHC Quarter Final Draw
    Shamrocks v Clara
    Mullinavat v James Stephens
    Bennetsbridge v Dicksboro
    Erins Own Castlecomer v O Loughlins

GAA BEO tweeted that there were issues with the network which was effecting a lot of Northern Europe

Reply from them
    As it turns out, one of our service providers was experiencing significant issues earlier, which unfortunately impacted video playback on our end. I know this was an inconvenience, especially during a live event.

The game should currently be transcoding into a permanent video and be available for playback shortly.

It’s very jumpy.

Was a worldwide issue. tens of thousands of sites down. I spent 90 minutes waiting for my internet provider before I heard about the issue.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/30/tech/internet-outage-cloudflare/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Comer stream glitched 3/4 times on us similar to the league final last week. Btw don't think Taggy will be giving up the day job anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

citykat wrote: »
    Comer stream glitched 3/4 times on us similar to the league final last week. Btw don't think Taggy will be giving up the day job anytime soon.

Watched this tonight just as a neutral looking for a game, I’m in Cork. Was wondering alright was that him commentating. He’s better at the hurling & dancing to be fair

John Tennyson did the Shocks Martins game on Shocks Facebook page and he was surprisingly good. I thought he'd be doing Co comms but he was lead commentator and I thought he was really good at it.

citykat wrote: »

He’s a ****in disaster, lanigan on the other hand is superb and comical. We should have a thread about his comm alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Any names outside the usual few stick out the weekend. John Walsh outstanding, gave Paul Murphy the run around. Going to be a sad day when Kilkenny take to the field without TJ and Riche. How did Liam Blanchfield go the weekend ?

He’s a ****in disaster, lanigan on the other hand is superb and comical. We should have a thread about his comm alone.

I agree. lanigan is who I hope is commentating whenever I tune in. Class

I agree. lanigan is who I hope is commentating whenever I tune in. Class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Village87 wrote: »
    Any names outside the usual few stick out the weekend. John Walsh outstanding, gave Paul Murphy the run around. Going to be a sad day when Kilkenny take to the field without TJ and Riche. How did Liam Blanchfield go the weekend ?

I heard richie is a major doubt for danesfort next match.his hamstring in trouble.They were very unlucky not to win it in normal time and they arent happy with the timekeeping.Its probably a worry that a few more players arent putting up there hand but we will get to see a few tasty matches next weekend.The championship remains as competitive as ever.
    The bridge by all accounts were poor although ballycallan got a late goal to put a bit of a gloss on things but they got a scare.i wouldnt completely rule them out but they will have to improve.Conor Flynn who was a good u21 had a good tussle with blanchfield.david blanchfield was good and if he fills out will probably make the panel in the next few years.
    I heard that the wrong ballycallan player got sent off on sunday.i think there is a county board meeting tonight to see what there going to do.

Relegation game being streamed on YouTube. Rower vs Ballycallan. The bank on opposite side of camera has approx 60-70 spectators, how is that allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

benji79 wrote: »
    Relegation game being streamed on YouTube. Rower vs Ballycallan. The bank on opposite side of camera has approx 60-70 spectators, how is that allowed?

Hopefully the link above will work for the second half of the match. Ballycallan lead 1-06 to 0-5. Rubbish enough match.We haven't been good in the forward line and our lads are running into Ballycallan wall of defenders a lot.

Presume there's not turnstiles or there's an easily jumped wall or fence. It's not great optics alright, particularly as there's zero social distancing between people.

• Advertisement

That’s what I thought too, there’s a group of nearly 20 on top of each other. I couldn’t care less about people going but looks crap when others are at home today trying to watch their own clubs on streaming. It seems unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

As a Boro man I normally try to keep my Boro contributions as neutral as I'm able too but I have to say that was some performance by the Boro. To win by 3-27 to 2-14 was some going. I know the Bridge weren't amazing and were poor the last day against GBC but I think the desire, power and running the Boro brought to the game just blew them away. The Boro have a very strong bench as well and they got at least 5 points from the bench in the second half. I don't think any team will be happy to see themselves drawn against the Boro for the semi final.

For a team with supposedly poor forwards they've been doing ok.
    3-21 from play today.
    1-12 out of 1-20 after ET against OLG in League Final
    2-10 out of 3-19 against Erins Own
    0-17 out of 0-24 against GBC
    2-10 out of 2-16 against the Rower

Liam Moore has confirmed what most in the Boro knew for a while that he is a class player. His first match at senior against GBC scored 0-2 from play coming on with 20 mins left. 1-1 against Comer from the bench. First start at senior scored 0-1 against O'Loughlins in the League Final and today scored 1-2 and looks to only be getting more comfortable. No doubt there will be tough days ahead where he will struggle but give him another few years and I could see him punishing intercounty teams in championship matches. He's only 18 (I think could be 19) but is already a big size but graceful and skilful has a great head on his shoulders.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the weekends games at my leisure now.

Extra time in the Inistioge match. Better second half. Thought it was over once Ballycallan scored the second goal but in fairness to the lads they've battled on. Strange Refereeing at the end of the match, he allowed the short puck out but blew it up immediately after it went straight out of play instead of giving us the chance from the sideline.

Was watching it. In fairness I’d say time was up, wouldn’t fault him for not allowing line ball

Was watching it. In fairness I’d say time was up, wouldn’t fault him for not allowing line ball

Call for it directly from the puckout then, he hasn't been great in the whole match. He's missed a number of high tackles from both sides.

Inistioge leading by 1 at halftime of extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Slow to get going but the GBC/Inistioge match has been great viewing in injury time.

Inistioge have won 2-24 to 4-13.......

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

That’s what I thought too, there’s a group of nearly 20 on top of each other. I couldn’t care less about people going but looks crap when others are at home today trying to watch their own clubs on streaming. It seems unfair

Yeah, not a good look, there must be nearly a hundred people on the far side on top of one another.

Second half of extra time in that game was great, thanks for the link

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Slow to get going but the GBC/Inistioge match has been great viewing in injury time.

Inistioge have won 2-24 to 4-13.......

We won by 5 in the end. Certainly a dramatic second period of extra time, thought we had blown it when Ballycallan got the fourth goal but once again the lads battled back and we got two goals to guarantee our place in senior for next year.

• Advertisement

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Yeah, not a good look, there must be nearly a hundred people on the far side on top of one another.

I think people should be allowed go. But what annoys me is while the rule is in place we should all be the same. Why should those people get to go today, while more of us won’t see our clubs this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement