Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Binky333

Fred Daly wrote: »
    You would expect There should be enough of fire in the belly not to be the first kilkenny team to loose three leinster finals in a row.Will Mullen get on that team i doubt it C Delany was given the cold shoulder for less a couple of years ago may be i am wrong.

Fire in the belly won’t equate to winning. Galway have the better hurlers and probably could afford to man mark Tj with Daithi Burke if he's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Binky333 wrote: »
    Fire in the belly won’t equate to winning. Galway have the better hurlers and probably could afford to man mark Tj with Daithi Burke if he's back.

And if he's not back we have a right chance?

Grats wrote: »
    And if he's not back we have a right chance?

No but that’s the gulf in class they can afford to move him from full back to follow Tj because they have McInerney back there. Galway look like a different outfit this year they should be winning this by 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Binky333 wrote: »

Oh so you are saying we should think twice about turning up for the match, its a leinster final its our province no offence if they want it enough do not wont to be the first kilkenny team to loose three leinster finals in a row. As regards better hurlers may be bigger stronger one all ireland the last thirty years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

What a completely irrelevant point in the context of next weeks game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

I suppose you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

It will be in intresting to see what we do for the galway match.We have huge room for improvement and the players will be very dissapointed with how the last quarter went against dublin.We will know Saturday evening where we are at.Galway I thought got their tactics spot on the last day but wexford were dissapointing.
    What will please galway the most is joe wasnt their main man and daithi burke wasnt there and david burke only a sub.
    We will have our work cut out with Conor Whelan and brian concannons pace will cause us trouble
    Last year cathal mannion took us to the cleaners in nowlan park.We all knew the influence he could have we were just too loose. Unfortunately for us we havent addressed a few pivotal positions.Midfield is definitely one.
    Paddy deegan can not be faulted for effort but I dont think his good enough for center back.His distribution can be very poor and at this level theres very little room for error.
    It's not ideal not knowing your best team before a leinster final but this will have to be done if we are to have any chance.
    I know the wing fowards job is thankless and there nearly playing as wing backs now and cover alot of ground but Donnelly was a loss the last day going off.
    Adrian mullen is back in full training hopefully he can make the bench saturday.
    My team
    Murphy
    Deegan,lawlor,joey
    Padraig,delaney,buckley
    Leahy,wally
    Donnelly,tj,hogan
    Billy,colin,cody
    I think we're better starting hogan I know he drove a few stinkers the last day but I'd start and get what we can out of him.He was always better starting.I know he wouldnt be able cover the ground that the wing fowards cover but if he was on his game out around the middle he could make things happen.I know club and county worlds apart but he was outstanding for his club.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭conor05

brookville wrote: »
    It will be in intresting to see what we do for the galway match.We have huge room for improvement and the players will be very dissapointed with how the last quarter went against dublin.We will know Saturday evening where we are at.Galway I thought got their tactics spot on the last day but wexford were dissapointing.
    What will please galway the most is joe wasnt their main man and daithi burke wasnt there and david burke only a sub.
    We will have our work cut out with Conor Whelan and brian concannons pace will cause us trouble
    Last year cathal mannion took us to the cleaners in nowlan park.We all knew the influence he could have we were just too loose. Unfortunately for us we havent addressed a few pivotal positions.Midfield is definitely one.
    Paddy deegan can not be faulted for effort but I dont think his good enough for center back.His distribution can be very poor and at this level theres very little room for error.
    It's not ideal not knowing your best team before a leinster final but this will have to be done if we are to have any chance.
    I know the wing fowards job is thankless and there nearly playing as wing backs now and cover alot of ground but Donnelly was a loss the last day going off.
    Adrian mullen is back in full training hopefully he can make the bench saturday.
    My team
    Murphy
    Deegan,lawlor,joey
    Padraig,delaney,buckley
    Leahy,wally
    Donnelly,tj,hogan
    Billy,colin,cody
    I think we're better starting hogan I know he drove a few stinkers the last day but I'd start and get what we can out of him.He was always better starting.I know he wouldnt be able cover the ground that the wing fowards cover but if he was on his game out around the middle he could make things happen.I know club and county worlds apart but he was outstanding for his club.

We are limited with options, but I think Galway would go to town against that full back line.

What was tradionally a very strong line under Cody is now our weakest line.

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Oh so you are saying we should think twice about turning up for the match, its a leinster final its our province no offence if they want it enough do not wont to be the first kilkenny team to loose three leinster finals in a row. As regards better hurlers may be bigger stronger one all ireland the last thirty years.

I never said that in any post I simply made a point of having fire in the belly and wanting to not be the first team to not lose 3 finals won’t be enough to win this match. Proper plans and good delivery of ball and stopping their wing forward and midfield will be of more importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

I can see Holden coming in for sure. That is probably the most likely change we will see from the last day. Where exactly though I am not so sure. Most likely it will be one of the corner positions but I would not be surprised to see us go with players picking up specific players, like Galway did with us in times gone by. So maybe JH on Conor Whelan might be the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Rosita

[QUOTE=Fred Daly;115220910

if they want it enough do not wont to be the first kilkenny team to loose three leinster finals in a row.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt historical abstractions will be motivators but unfortunately for Kilkenny this ship has already sailed. No shame in it if course. You can't lose finals if you're not good enough to get there in the first place..

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Colm Parkinson has done stitch up job on on Eddie brennan.should never be given a interview again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Colm Parkinson has done stitch up job on on Eddie brennan.should never be given a interview again.

Yeah I think they'll find it hard to get anyone to talk to them after this. Ya know it's gone wrong when the "journalist" becomes the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

if Parkinson intentionally stitched him up he basically hung himself out to try too, clearly a huge mistake but I doubt an intentional one, really enjoy the podcast but makes it look very unprofessional.

if Parkinson intentionally stitched him up he basically hung himself out to try too, clearly a huge mistake but I doubt an intentional one, really enjoy the podcast but makes it look very unprofessional.

Parkinson has always had a axe to grind about the county board.it was music to his ears.its either really really careless or fair chance Eddie isn't going back anyway and they just ran with it and had a cut of a few laois suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Parkinson has always had a axe to grind about the county board.it was music to his ears.its either really really careless or fair chance Eddie isn't going back anyway and they just ran with it and had a cut of a few laois suits.
    look were all just speculating realistically, might be impossible to know the full story

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭sportsmaddad

Parkinson either did this through extreme carelessness, or intentionally for whatever his agenda is. The end result was that this story was trending #1 on social media last night. Fair going, considering the John Delaney, Judge Seamus Woulfe and US Election stories doing the rounds last night.

Draw your own conclusions. A new low in the rubbish standards of that show. Last time I'll be listening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Personally I think it was a mistake. Uploaded the unedited version as seems it came down quickly enough. What Eddie said was probably very true, only problem was actual people named

I enjoy the show, he manages to get decent guests in for interviews

benji79 wrote: »

What Eddie said was probably very true, only problem was actual people named

It would be only fair to point out that it was an opinion. True or False doesn't really come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 doel

Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed to me Parkinson didn't say a whole lot, just left Eddie at it and agreed with him.
    Could there be any legal implications?
    Eddie did mention "off the record " at the start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bamayang

There wont be any legal side to this, just two people who have had their names a little bit tarnished by the whole thing. It'll blow over and be old news by this evening.

The only out come will be:
    Eddie will struggle to keep his Laois job, if he had wanted to. He insulted the chairman and another person on the board in a very direct manner, hard to go back after that.
    Parkinson will be grand, but i bet he'll lose out on one or two interviews in future. Lads will be wary now and maybe a little more cagey in future.

doel wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed to me Parkinson didn't say a whole lot, just left Eddie at it and agreed with him.
    Could there be any legal implications?
    Eddie did mention "off the record " at the start!

'Off the record' is irrelevant in a legal context.

But I wouldn't say there's much there for any defamation hounds. If the Laois county board has any sense they will realise that the damage done (and it'll be just another nine-day wonder) is to the two people involved. Most people won't know or care who's on the Laois county board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

Rosita wrote: »
    'Off the record' is irrelevant in a legal context.

But I wouldn't say there's much there for any defamation hounds. If the Laois county board has any sense they will realise that the damage done (and it'll be just another nine-day wonder) is to the two people involved. Most people won't know or care who's on the Laois county board.

Could Eddie be in trouble over the payment comments as a garda? He'd surely have to declare all sources of income to make sure everything is above board.

kksaints wrote: »
    Could Eddie be in trouble over the payment comments as a garda? He'd surely have to declare all sources of income to make sure everything is above board.

It it matters at all, the fact that he is a Garda might be the only tricky issue there as they can legal things very quickly. But I'm sure the matter is already well fudged regarding expenses. But chances are this'll blow over fairly quickly. Embarrassment might be the height of it.

Rosita wrote: »
    It it matters at all, the fact that he is a Garda might be the only tricky issue there as they can legal things very quickly. But I'm sure the matter is already well fudged regarding expenses. But chances are this'll blow over fairly quickly. Embarrassment might be the height of it.

Unverified payments to a garda is always a very dangerous issue even in an case where there's no criminal intent. Needs to be clarified or it could get very messy quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

kksaints wrote: »

But they are travel expenses which are allowed and go through the county board accounts so nothing to look at. We all know managers might be getting something else but all he or anyone else needs to say is the word ‘fee’ mentioned related to mileage etc

benji79 wrote: »
    But they are travel expenses which are allowed and go through the county board accounts so nothing to look at. We all know managers might be getting something else but all he or anyone else needs to say is the word ‘fee’ mentioned related to mileage etc

Travel expenses are fine but the comments are definitely open to interpretation. Any non declared payments to a garda need to be investigated, Gaa or not. Bad form from Parkinson to publish the podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Void Ceremony

FFS nothing will come of this, Brennan will have egg on his face but it was obviously a mistake.
    Revenue me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Kilkenny team for Leinster Final

Murphy
    T Walsh Lawlor Holden
    P Walsh Delaney. Buckley
    Browne. Fogarty
    Leahy TJ Donnelly
    Fennelly. Walter Cody

• Advertisement

Grats wrote: »
    Kilkenny team for Leinster Final

Murphy
    T Walsh Lawlor Holden
    P Walsh Delaney. Buckley
    Browne. Fogarty
    Leahy TJ Donnelly
    Fennelly. Walter Cody

Cody loves Wally on a wing .working back the field.
    Billy ryan will start instead of leahy.and deegen will be in .other than that that would be my 15

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement