Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Kilkenny NHL Fixtures 2021
    8/5/2021 V Dublin Parnell park, 16/5/21 V Antrim Nowlan park,23/5/21VWexford Nowlan park,5/6/21 V Laois Nowlan park,12/6/21V Clare Ennis.
    15-30PM 13-30PM 14-00PM 13-45PM 15-OOPM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Kilkenny NHL Fixtures 2021
    8/5/2021 V Dublin Parnell park, 16/5/21 V Antrim Nowlan park,23/5/21VWexford Nowlan park,5/6/21 V Laois Nowlan park,12/6/21V Clare Ennis.
    15-30PM 13-30PM 14-00PM 13-45PM 15-OOPM

The fact that there's no league final and the winners of the two groups will be declared joint winners really does make a bit of a joke of the whole thing. I know the argument is basically, "no final because Covid" but in fairness there's 31 matches in the league right now. Adding a final would make 32. I'm really not sure that's a massive increased risk, given all these teams will be out in the championship a week or two later anyway.

That all being said, I think it's clear enough that the other group is the stronger one and would be the better group to be in to prepare for championship. I hope we see loads of new faces during this league, it's probably not realistic or desirable to get five new starters for championship, but we need to get younger in every line on the field at this point if we are to build for the future.

Still its never easy to get a result out of Parnell park, or Cusack park Ennis or Wexford in the park. Y

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

First of all its great to see a road map and hopefully we're on the right track.
    There's no doubt the league this year won't have anywhere near the same bite.We all look forward to the day we can get back to a match.
    Our league group wouldn't set the heart racing but as stated above we need to address a few glaring problems.When ran at last year we got destroyed we need stability consistency in midfield.if leahy can stay injury free and be more consistent he has the engine to be a really top player.James maher should be an addition.
    We need pace in defence.delaney looks comfortable at 3 and lawlor more comfortable out in the half back line.
    Although reliant on tj mullen should be a help and eoin cody should be stronger.Donnelly is improving.Billy ryan needs consistency and blanchfield needs to nail a spot down especially with Colin gone.Brassil and Alan Murphy had their moments last year.
    Bigger problems in midfield and defence than the forwards in my opinion.
    I'd hope the likes of James bergin and Darren mullen can try break into the team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone know of a Declan Buggy from Castlecomer? Apparently played some underage up through the grades for the county. Seemingly he has transferred to Oulart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Anyone know of a Declan Buggy from Castlecomer? Apparently played some underage up through the grades for the county. Seemingly he has transferred to Oulart.

Think he is working down there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Is that due to the fact that Fogarty is over Comer this year ?

The fact that there's no league final and the winners of the two groups will be declared joint winners really does make a bit of a joke of the whole thing. I know the argument is basically, "no final because Covid" but in fairness there's 31 matches in the league right now. Adding a final would make 32. I'm really not sure that's a massive increased risk, given all these teams will be out in the championship a week or two later anyway.

That all being said, I think it's clear enough that the other group is the stronger one and would be the better group to be in to prepare for championship. I hope we see loads of new faces during this league, it's probably not realistic or desirable to get five new starters for championship, but we need to get younger in every line on the field at this point if we are to build for the future.

Very important that Kilkenny win these games and put down a marker that they are better than the Wexford, Clare, laois and Dublins of todays games. Kilkenny could do with earthing a few new players. Deegan Fogarty and Buckley need replacing, very poor last year. Kilkenny must have one of the older teams in the country at this stage. TJ, Riche, Wally, Murphy, Fogarty all in the 30s. Buckley and Padraig Walsh must be on the verge of 30. Badly need new faces to freshen the thing and get back to winning ways. Time to see Darren Mullen play. Kilkenny backs very slow last year. He will surely inject a bit of pace in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Village87 wrote: »
    Is that due to the fact that Fogarty is over Comer this year ?

Genuine question, why?
    Buggy livesand works over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

dzer2 wrote: »
    Think he is working down there

What position would he usually play? Is he good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭conor05

Buggy lives full time down there.

Makes sense to transfer to Oulart.

Good club to join, strong tradition and some good young hurlers coming through again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

conor05 wrote: »
    Buggy lives full time down there.

Makes sense to transfer to Oulart.

Good club to join, strong tradition and some good young hurlers coming through again.
    Oulart and Rathnure the only clubs down here that solely focus on hurling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob2015

Anyone know how to get Eir Sport if you don't have it for the match next weekend

Can we get game on a day pass option?

Is it possible to watch on GAA Go or is it blocked in Ireland due to Eir showing some national league games in Ireland?

jimbob2015 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get Eir Sport if you don't have it for the match next weekend

Can we get game on a day pass option?

Is it possible to watch on GAA Go or is it blocked in Ireland due to Eir showing some national league games in Ireland?
    I think eir is 15e per month for 4 months with a month notice to cancel, but I believe gaago is showing the games eir have

Anyone know what kind of panel are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob2015

Comerman wrote: »
    I think eir is 15e per month for 4 months with a month notice to cancel, but I believe gaago is showing the games eir have

Comerman thanks a million Gaa Go it is so

I'm going to weigh it up Monday, gaago was dodgy enough Last year so maybe eir is worth it

https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

The only thing I've heard was that on our first night back training for some reason they played a game. 36 lads available at the start of the session only 26 walked off. Leahy had a nasty cut to the head. A lot of first team starters while still in there, are being tested and playing with the weaker team. Will be interesting to see the starting team on Saturday.

So from what you are saying there was ten players injured the first night,

• Advertisement

Be doing well to predict the Kilkenny team this weekend. Time to throw a few young lads in there. Older lads not good enough with exception of TJ, Richie Hogan, Eoin Murphy and Padraig Walsh

Village87 wrote: »
    Be doing well to predict the Kilkenny team this weekend. Time to throw a few young lads in there. Older lads not good enough with exception of TJ, Richie Hogan, Eoin Murphy and Padraig Walsh

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any superstars coming through but we have moved the furniture a good bit and it's not nice slating lads on a public forum but there's no doubt fogarty,Buckley,wally etc have served us well but there best days are behind them.
    Deegan for all him heart and effort like others has struggled.Conor Browne probably in the same bracket.
    We probably need to try un earth 4 or 5 players which won't be easy.
    James maher and adrian mullen will be a help.
    James bergin,Darren mullen,Mike carey and brassil will have to be tried.
    Blanchfield really needs to nail down a place especially with Colin gone.
    Id like to see a proper gamelan and midfield addressed.
    When we were ran at last year we were cleaned out so big surgery required we need a few dominant players in a few pivotal positions.

brookville wrote: »
    Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any superstars coming through but we have moved the furniture a good bit and it's not nice slating lads on a public forum but there's no doubt fogarty,Buckley,wally etc have served us well but there best days are behind them.
    Deegan for all him heart and effort like others has struggled.Conor Browne probably in the same bracket.
    We probably need to try un earth 4 or 5 players which won't be easy.
    James maher and adrian mullen will be a help.
    James bergin,Darren mullen,Mike carey and brassil will have to be tried.
    Blanchfield really needs to nail down a place especially with Colin gone.
    Id like to see a proper gamelan and midfield addressed.
    When we were ran at last year we were cleaned out so big surgery required we need a few dominant players in a few pivotal positions.

Agree with a lot of that. Hopefully Blanchfield can show a bit of form full forward, he has been around a while now and it is sink or swim time for him.
    We badly need a good half back line and 2 good midfielders. Hopefully Leahy can nail down a midfield spot. Paddy Deegan badly exposed last couple of years, not sure what he is. Maybe back out midfield. Bit slow and poor under high ball for half back line

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cluaindiuic

brookville wrote: »
    Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any superstars coming

Apart from the last two YHOTYs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I take the point here but last year was probably the weakest yhoty competition in my lifetime. If Cody wasn't underage, would we have been talking about his performances last year to the same extent? He had a decent year and I think he'll continue to improve, but wasn't a standout performer on the kk team let alone being among the best in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kkman00

I take the point here but last year was probably the weakest yhoty competition in my lifetime. If Cody wasn't underage, would we have been talking about his performances last year to the same extent? He had a decent year and I think he'll continue to improve, but wasn't a standout performer on the kk team let alone being among the best in the country.

Cody probably had weak competition for YHOTY last year but kk only played 3 games last year hardly a big enough sample size to become a stand out performer for kk. By comparison Adrian Mullen played 8 games the year he won it which included a couple of disappointing games which is understandable for a player in their first year.
    Cody’s won the award on merit and is a serious prospect in my opinion

Don't get me wrong I'm delighted we have eoin cody and Adrian mullen in our county but years ago we would hear of a lad coming through a few years before he broke onto the panel.The lack of underage success has being well publicised and probably a contributing factor.Its great to see ciarian muldowney going back to basics from the ground up.
    I would hope we implement a gameplan this season.Theres no doubt we are still very agricultural at times.
    Hopefully the few additions to the backroom team will be a help.The fitness and the tactical input can only be welcome.
    This league we need to try blood players like darragh corcoran,Mike Carey,David blanchfield and brassil.
    We need pace and strength injected into the team especially the half back mid field area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Considering they only started training a few weeks ago I wouldn't be expecting a wildly new team tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

KILVDUB

E Murphy
    C Wallace H Lawlor P Deegan
    D Corcoran P Walsh C Browne
    C Buckley R Leahy
    J Donnelly A Mullen M Keoghan
    J Bergin TJ Reid E Cody

Subs
    D Brennan
    J Holden
    T Walsh
    D Blanchfield
    M Carey
    C Fogarty
    R Reid
    L Blanchfield
    J Maher
    A Murphy
    T O Dwyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭briancoolcat

Is conor delaney injured does anyone know?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement