Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Village87 wrote: »
    Kilkenny wont be winning much with Deegan in the team. When opposition like Waterford, Galway and Antrim targeted him and put a decent forward on him he really struggled. Anytime we play Wexford he is usually free. Davy didn't give away much the weekend

A side from Buckley is there any other Boro lads on the panel. Sheehan, Kenny, Nolan ? Getting a poor return from a very good club team in Kilkenny. Or do these lads even want to play for Kilkenny. I heard occasions of being asked in but declined
    I do agree for all the heart and effort paddy offers he has being tried in alot of positions and has yet to nail a position that he is comfortable with but cody has great time for him
    The boro had a good few lads in with the county over the last few years.Aidan nolan is out with injury but he was looking like he had something to offer in attack,a bit of size and pace.
    The commitment in with the county now is through the roof.I remember conor doheny declined a call in when he was going well but i used to go to a lot of club matches when allowed and there isn't many around the county who isn't on the panel.Shane Walsh and John Walsh were two forwards that have being very good for their clubs but both got small chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

brookville wrote: »
    I do agree for all the heart and effort paddy offers he has being tried in alot of positions and has yet to nail a position that he is comfortable with but cody has great time for him
    The boro had a good few lads in with the county over the last few years.Aidan nolan is out with injury but he was looking like he had something to offer in attack,a bit of size and pace.
    The commitment in with the county now is through the roof.I remember conor doheny declined a call in when he was going well but i used to go to a lot of club matches when allowed and there isn't many around the county who isn't on the panel.Shane Walsh and John Walsh were two forwards that have being very good for their clubs but both got small chances.

You're on the same wavelength as myself. I've asked the poster you were replying to for his list of replacements for those he suggests aren't up to it, on a number of occasions, but am still waiting. No point in wanting players dropped if there aren't ready made players to step in. Like you, I don't think there's anybody left out of the panel.

I harp back to a decent game plan around what we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

KK v Laois
    E Murphy
    T Walsh J Holden P Deegan
    D Corcoran H Lawlor M Carey
    R Reid C Fogarty
    A Mullen M Keoghan B Ryan
    J Bergin L Blanchfield E Cody
    Subs
    D Brennan
    M Cody
    P Walsh
    C Browne
    D Blanchfield
    J Maher
    J Donnelly
    A Murphy
    T O Dwyer
    A Nolan
    E O Shea

KK v Laois
    E Murphy
    T Walsh J Holden P Deegan
    D Corcoran H Lawlor M Carey
    R Reid C Fogarty
    A Mullen M Keoghan B Ryan
    J Bergin L Blanchfield E Cody
    Subs
    D Brennan
    M Cody
    P Walsh
    C Browne
    D Blanchfield
    J Maher
    J Donnelly
    A Murphy
    T O Dwyer
    A Nolan
    E O Shea
    It's good to see joey getting a start.lawlor likes to get forward so be interesting to see how he goes at 6.Richie reid could be finally nailing down a spot in midfield.The six forwards are all young but hopefully Billy Ryan and mossy continue from their good performances and show consistency heading into the championship.James bergin has done well so far.Hopefully blanchfield goes well it's a big game for a few lads.The first round is less than a month away.

Comerman wrote: »
    I believe Wallace's hamstring is gone. What's Brassil's bother?

Brian cody talking on radio gave an update on the injuries.He said brassil,wally,leahy and Wallace could feature next weekend.
    He said Darren mullen and conor delaney are working very hard hopefully back in a few weeks.
    Richie hogan had a flare up but was ready.I think we all agree he will probably be used as a impact sub if he gets back.Its a pity he has being cursed with injury the last few years when tj has excelled with age.Injuries are killer to any player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Watching Antrim v Wex. It's official. Camogie is now the more physical of the two. Camogie rule changes improved the game dramatically. Hurling changes have been a disaster.

At least we got to see another of Davy'sfits. Always nice to see the whiner in chief get sent off.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    Watching Antrim v Wex. It's official. Camogie is now the more physical of the two. Camogie rule changes improved the game dramatically. Hurling changes have been a disaster.

Would you stop it’s been a great match so far. And as they did against Clare & Kilkenny Antrim are showing they’re a very decent team

Would you stop it’s been a great match so far. And as they did against Clare & Kilkenny Antrim are showing they’re a very decent team

Absolutely. Think Antrim are very good & I'm rooting for them. I was just referring to the refs calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Antrim are going very well in fairness.. has to be said though wexford are really struggling at moment.. I'd say davy will.be gone this year.. I suspect he wants to get back into clare again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭crossman47

Antrim are going very well in fairness.. has to be said though wexford are really struggling at moment.. I'd say davy will.be gone this year.. I suspect he wants to get back into clare again.

There will be a full civil war in Clare if he goes back in.

• Advertisement

Antrim full value today its great to see them competing well at this level again.Its hard to know what's going on with wexford.They had arguably their strongest team out today but they look a shadow of the 2019 team.Leaders like dee o keefe,hanlon and Liam Ryan are well below the high standard they set.Maybe it's a big masterplan heading into the championship everyone writing them off and use it as motivation. They look tired maybe there being flogged and they will peak for the summer.
    On ourselves its good to hear we should have a few injured lads back for the clare game.We will have a clearer picture where we're at and it will be a good test down in Ennis.We have struggled down there.
    We will be expected to beat laois who haven't being going aswell as the last few years and have alot of injuries.eoin cody will be on the frees he was on them last year when they met.Its great to see joey get a start.Huw could be better suited to the half back line.adrian mullen has a lot of work to do but gametime will bring him on.He missed a huge amount.Billy Ryan and mossy need to show a bit of consistency and these lads can step up especially with tj not around.Its probably a huge game for blanchfield.He was hurling well for the college last year..He is a good clubman and is in great shape.He needs a good performance and get some confidence back.He was substituted at half time against antrim hopefully he can go well.
    While not starting tomor alan Murphy is starting to push for a start.He has done well so far and got some valuable scores.He has also added huge workrate to his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Rosita

brookville wrote: »
    Antrim full value today its great to see them competing well at this level again.Its hard to know what's going on with wexford.They had arguably their strongest team out today but they look a shadow of the 2019 team.Leaders like dee o keefe,hanlon and Liam Ryan are well below the high standard they set.Maybe it's a big masterplan heading into the championship everyone writing them off and use it as motivation. They look tired maybe there being flogged and they will peak for the summer.

Hard to see Wexford getting to where they need to get to in a few weeks. I think this year's championship will work out a fair bit like last year's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MfMan

Did Davy actually see red yesterday, or was he 'encouraged' to go to the stand with the threat of red if he didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Bergin is legit in my opinion. Some man to take a score

We need to work on the delivery of ball into our forwards.Needs to favour the forward more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Rosita

Another 30+ pointer by the looks of it. And still Laois are playing decently.

We appear to have decided to stop giving any ball into our full forward line this half.

Gone very scrappy

We're also completely incapable of winning our own puck outs

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Petered out harmless enough. Some of the ball wasteful enough to forwards richie Reid drifts out of games. we are building a panel for later in the year blanch is a option for a plan b .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭blackcard

This was a very poor performance and an abject game. I am beginning to hate hurling, uncontested puck outs, players in loads of space and pot shots from midfield

Adrian Mullen is still a long way off his 2019 form. Dara Corcoran the only one to emerge with credit from this game. James Bergin got on the ball well but was wayward at times. Billy Ryan disappointing after playing well last week. Distribution of ball into the forwards was pooer

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

We appear to have decided to stop giving any ball into our full forward line this half.

Gone very scrappy

We're also completely incapable of winning our own puck outs

Headless stuff
    Long puck-outs worked for the first 10-15 mins, so we keep doing it for 70 mins, long after it had become obvious its was failing badly.

Corcoran and Cody and Bergin were bright spots but 4-5 players starting or coming on today, just aren't up to top class inter-county standard

Mullen's vision and touch is wonderful but still doesn't look 100%

• Advertisement

It'll be next year before Mullen is back up to pace. No games for a year and a half there should be no expectations on him for 2021 in my opinion.

Our puck outs were so bad it's hard to know if it was the forwards fault or Murphys. Half of them were landing uncontested into Laois players. Bizarre. No point in being able to play a short game if when the opposition actually push up on you you can't even break even on your long puck outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

It'll be next year before Mullen is back up to pace. No games for a year and a half there should be no expectations on him for 2021 in my opinion.

Our puck outs were so bad it's hard to know if it was the forwards fault or Murphys. Half of them were landing uncontested into Laois players. Bizarre. No point in being able to play a short game if when the opposition actually push up on you you can't even break even on your long puck outs.

Yes. Whatever we get out of mullen this year will be a bonus. Considering the time he's been out and the injury he had.
    Agree with a lot if our puckouts. Also we win very little of our long puckouts.
    Even though he got 1-02 i think, blanchfield won't make it this year. To much wasted possession. His 1st touch not where your full forward needs to be. I like his play and has good potential but it won't work vs the top teams.
    Corcoran settling in nicely and is surely putting a marker down.
    Too many loose clearances in the 2nd half to set laois up and we struggled a lot of the time with their running.

Our 6 starting forwards in leinster sf will probably be mullen donnelly, tj, Billy Ryan, Cody and Alan Murphy. Bergin might get a crack. That's assuming Walter and Richie hogan are not ready.
    Richie reid and buckley will take the middle but id like to see Maher starting v clare.
    Tommy walsh, lawlor and deegan will probably make up the full back line unless delaney gets a run v clare.
    Padraig, corcoran and conor beowne probably for the half back line.
    Any news on leahys injury?
    Or where is darren mullen these days?

blackcard wrote: »
    This was a very poor performance and an abject game. I am beginning to hate hurling, uncontested puck outs, players in loads of space and pot shots from midfield

Adrian Mullen is still a long way off his 2019 form. Dara Corcoran the only one to emerge with credit from this game. James Bergin got on the ball well but was wayward at times. Billy Ryan disappointing after playing well last week. Distribution of ball into the forwards was pooer

You mean glorified free taking competitions. Galway v PL is turning into much of the same. Though it is somewhat
    better.

Though not a popular opinion. I stand by my comments that so far in 2021 Camogie has been better.
    Club trumps all!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

You mean glorified free taking competitions. Galway v PL is turning into much of the same. Though it is somewhat
    better.

Though not a popular opinion. I stand by my comments that so far in 2021 Camogie has been better.
    Club trumps all!

You must be watching the wrong channel

Yah. That must be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Corrigible

better.

Club trumps all!

You really know how to pick games that contradict your point. That Galway v Waterford game was terrific. Only 11 pointed frees from a total of 72 points. The Antrim V Wex game yesterday was great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

I don't know, it's entertaining, but for me, it's a bit phoney.
    The equivalent of football matches constantly ending up 5-4 or 6-3 or rugby matches ending up 58-36.

People rave about the Super Rugby competition in Southern Hemisphere but I've watched some of the matches this year and it's cringe stuff
    Like an exhibition basketball match, all it's missing is some guy spinning the rugby ball on his finger.

I thought we started well today and played good ball from defence that suited the attack.We unfortunately reverted to driving in high ball I know you have to mix things up but you have to give your team mate the best possible chance.Laois played with a extra defender and we could work the ball out because of the spare defender but when laois pushed up they played much better and we weren't all that comfortable.i was surprised with some of murphys puck out and this is an area that we need to improve because wexford done the same last week.
    I thought lawlor was quite enough and when Ross King came out from full forward he caused us trouble.
    I know a team wont dominate for a full 70 but it has to be a concern we couldn't kill off laois today,we couldn't do it against antrim and we lost the second half against wexford.Thats not including the two horror shows last year.
    We will definitely have a better idea next week where we are.Its good to hear that leahy is back training.james bergin has being a good addition.He offers a threat up front.Blanchfield was rusty and struggled a few times to rise the ball but struck a few balls out on the half forward line.It was probably mullens best game but he has a long way to go which is fair enough.Billy wasn't as effective today but eoin cody was very good on frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I don't know, it's entertaining, but for me, it's a bit phoney.
    The equivalent of football matches constantly ending up 5-4 or 6-3 or rugby matches ending up 58-36.

People rave about the Super Rugby competition in Southern Hemisphere but I've watched some of the matches this year and it's cringe stuff
    Like an exhibition basketball match, all it's missing is some guy spinning the rugby ball on his finger.

i like the taught of this years all ireland camogie final played out to the sounds of sweet georgia brown for the full 60 minutes .....the feminests would love that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Senditinlow

What do ye make of new Kilkenny GAA website? Find it a disaster to get fixtures, different groups etc especially on your phone (laptop not as bad). Previous website was far better. If it's not broken.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement