Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Neewollah

What do ye make of new Kilkenny GAA website? Find it a disaster to get fixtures, different groups etc especially on your phone (laptop not as bad). Previous website was far better. If it's not broken.....

Spot on. Have nothing good to say about new website.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Butterbeans

Can't say I agree with above comments. Just had a quick look through the new website, thought it was easy enough navigate. Definitely more user friendly on mobile than old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Navigating fixtures and results on the mobile is a disaster.

Checking historical results seems to be gone as well? You could see every result of every competiton going back 10 years on the previous version but I can't seem to do that now?

Old version obviously wasn't mobile enabled but was far better from a user perspective in terms of getting the actual information you want off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

New website needs a few tweaks

You can't click on your club team or venue and see their upcoming fixtures.

It Just seems to revert to the county team fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Corbother

Navigating fixtures and results on the mobile is a disaster.

Checking historical results seems to be gone as well? You could see every result of every competiton going back 10 years on the previous version but I can't seem to do that now?

Old version obviously wasn't mobile enabled but was far better from a user perspective in terms of getting the actual information you want off it.

New design is awful.

Navigation is very poor.

The deactivation of the archive of previous seasons results was an awful decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Senditinlow

Before you could look up 'next 12 days fixtures ' used to love being able to plan what matches to attend, be it underage or adult matches. Now you have to go into one competition to see a fixture, say Junior Hurling then exit to look up an U15 fixture. Not being able to look up past results from competitions is missed aswell. May buy KK people to see fixtures clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Village87

Totally agree. I give up on it already. I have to go to certain club to see fixtures. History is a massive loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Neewollah

I believe the historical comps will be added in the near future. Just not part of the launch.

the old website was good because it was so simple and it was unique to Kilkenny. they seem to have followed a general GAA template that other counties use and i've always complained about when looking out fixtures in other counties. really hard to get the info out you need.

The old website was so easy with 12 day fixtures and 12 day results. No your doing a lot more searching to get what you want

I'd forgotten the 12 day fixtures thing and just realised that's what it is badly missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭blackcard

Neewollah wrote: »
    I believe the historical comps will be added in the near future. Just not part of the launch.

the old website was good because it was so simple and it was unique to Kilkenny. they seem to have followed a general GAA template that other counties use and i've always complained about when looking out fixtures in other counties. really hard to get the info out you need.

The old website was so easy with 12 day fixtures and 12 day results. No your doing a lot more searching to get what you want

Yes, the 12 day fixtures made it very easy to plan what games you might attend, you would have to do a lot of searching now to get this information. I like where you can go to a club and see a chronological list of their fixtures. A bit of modification on the fixtures and results would make it okay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

JWhat way will tickets be distributed for the clare match?No season tickets to work off so maybe it will be the players family and friends.It will be great for the lucky few that get to go.
    The clare match will probably be our stiffest test to date despite nothing at stake.It will probably be Tj v Tony Kelly.Both players unmarkable on their day.It will be good to get this match before the championship although it will be it will be forgotten about before the leinster semi final.
    We have tried alot of players during the league but he has presisted with Richie Reid and Buckley in midfield.Richie spends alot of his time in the half back line.We have added attacking pace to the half back line.Huw was uncomfortable at 6.i think we are short a few backs but delaney and Darren mullen would be help.billy and mossy need more consistency.Alan Murphy and James bergin have had their moments.
    It has to be a concern that we can't put teams away despite being on top.I reckon we lost the last 3 second halves.Is this a fitness issue since mick dempsey left?For all the improving we are doing working out the ball we are very quick to revert to bad ball out of defence. When teams pushed up we found things difficult.
    The clare match will be a very good test it could define a few players season.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Patchin

Could be the best game of the league

I see now that you can go onto the Kilkenny GAA site and see the fixtures for the next 10 days, it looks as if you will be able to see recent results also. You can also go to see all your club fixtures where dates have been set. The new layout is beginning to grow on me. I don't think that you can get archived results for your club but I think otherwise it has all the other features of the previous site and I think that the layout looks better. I think that they must have updated the website in the last couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bamayang

Website looks great. Dunno what any of the complaints are. Ya can get next 10 days fixtures, last 10 days of results and can click on one club and see all theirs.

Change is scary :)

bamayang wrote: »
    Website looks great. Dunno what any of the complaints are. Ya can get next 10 days fixtures, last 10 days of results and can click on one club and see all theirs.

Change is scary :)

It is only after changing in the last couple of days, before that you couldn't get the 10 day fixtures

Happy to retract my criticism of the website as its significantly improved the last couple of days. Still disappointing that you can't look back on old results as it was always handy for underage competitions in particular to get a feel for standards of different teams but it's not a deal breaker.

If they could add the fixtures and results underneath the competition tables when you look at them like the last website now we'd be golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Are spectators allowed at games yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

dzer2 wrote: »
    Are spectators allowed at games yet?
    100 at venues which hold less than 5 thousand, 200 at venues above it.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bamayang

That’s a nice looking team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

bamayang wrote: »
    That’s a nice looking team

I'd say its not far off what we'll see for the leinster semi.John donnely not in the squad but I'd see him at number 11 but mossy will also be close.Alan Murphy and niall brassil will probably see gametime.its a pity delaney and Darren mullen have being injured both would be a good addition to the defence.Corcoran and bergin have being two bright sparks this league and if they go well this weekend both should nail down a starting spot.Both teams will really go for this despite nothing at stake it will be good preparation before championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Got to sit in on a long form chat with Noel Hickey if anyone is interested

https://scoreline.ie/the-clash-act-23-noel-hickey-kilkennys-three-time-all-star-nine-time-all-ireland-winner/

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Good to see Lohan pick his strongest team, he is clearly looking to build confidence with a win over Kilkenny before their big game with Waterford in 2 weeks' time.
    Hopefully, we will get a real test, because, for me, there are big question marks 2-9, that this League (so far) just hasn't answered, most especially 2-4.

And yet again, worrying signs that the trend is continuing where our 2nd half performances dip significantly and/or teams figure us out and start to punish us.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Great to see Richie Leahy back. Last club match I saw him play he was every where from start to finish.

J. Con is playing a stormer @ 6

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭big_drive

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    Great to see Richie Leahy back. Last club match I saw him play he was every where from start to finish.

J. Con is playing a stormer @ 6

He's very good there. And I would have thought Clare were mad playing him there , I'm being proved wrong so far here

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Man. What is it about Clare v KK. great match

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

Clare the better team, Kilkenny a long way from being competitive this year. Defence looks very porous. Don't have the players or the tactics. Hard to see them getting any more than 2 more games this year. Not sure what was the issue with Adrian Mullen?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Very informative match.
    Clare are a very average team aside from a few standout players, yet took us for 4-20.
    Management can ignore that and go with the starting 2-9 in championship, but I will be amazed if it doesn't end in tears.

Our puck out strategy is simply woeful, throwing every ball on top of a dominant Clare HB line
    Not one single puck out under 60 meters today and the same for the last 45 mins v Laois, baffling.

Good individual performances from Cody, Mullen, Keoghan, and D Blanchfield
    Bergin and Corcoran had their poorest games of the campaign, Richie Leahy faded after a busy start and his decision-making isn't great at times.
    Richie Reid was excellent for long periods but was yanked off seconds after butchering a golden goal chance with an awful hand pass.

Some of the subs brought in in 2nd half I feel will make little impact in the Championship.

I think with everyone fit and Richie Hogan on board, we have forwards to match any.
    But our problems are 2-9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

blackcard wrote: »
    Clare the better team, Kilkenny a long way from being competitive this year. Defence looks very porous. Don't have the players or the tactics. Hard to see them getting any more than 2 more games this year. Not sure what was the issue with Adrian Mullen?

Mullen went on a great run, pulled up and looked straight over to bench while holding his thigh. Then substituted.

• Advertisement

Richie Reid was excellent for long periods but was yanked off seconds after butchering a golden goal chance with an awful hand pass.

Buckley was already togged off ready to come on before that so it was unrelated to be fair. Few lads played themselves out of the team today I think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement