Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,396 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Big match on in Nowlan Pk on Sunday 22nd- throw in at 2.30
    Kilkenny Senior Camogie team Vs Galway.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

how Far away are kk from winning Liam?
    I know they have great spirit, but what else is needed? Is the talent there? Or are we looking at a long barren spell?

I know they won the league but you can’t take a league title to seriously with the new structure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

C__MC wrote: »
    how Far away are kk from winning Liam?
    I know they have great spirit, but what else is needed? Is the talent there? Or are we looking at a long barren spell?

I know they won the league but you can’t take a league title to seriously with the new structure
    As an outsider, quite far I would say. TJ and Richie are on the downhill slope, Murphy, Walsh and Joey have plenty of mileage, Fennelly, Wally have inconsistency/injury issues while the youngsters, although talented, are erratic, unpredictable and totally unproven. It could well be another Kerry 86-97 famine type situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Its hard to know but if you take galway out of it theres not much between kilkenny and the chasing pack.The one thing that will remain which is a positive we're being competitive and still hard to beat.
    We have struggled with scoring fowards recently but donnelly and leahy give us hope.Kevin kelly is a scoring foward who unfortunately missed this year.Luke scanlon done well on his first year corner foward these are good lads but id like to see adrian mullen brought in next year because it will take a few years to fill out i also liked the look of sean ryan last year.
    i think we're on the right track but i hope he tries delaney next year at 3 and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

What's the chances of Eoin Murphy getting an All Star this year?

• Advertisement

Anybody know what championship games are on Sunday 12th August - times and venues etc?

id say nash will get myself he likes the media which also helps.

Anybody know what championship games are on next Sunday - times and venues etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Very rare to get any all Star if you don't make the last four, the Sunday game didn't even give him man of the match last day! Not sure what to make of that, but what I would expect is they'll give it to someone who made the semis. But absent done absolutely unbelievable goal keeping from some player or other in the last three matches of the season, there's no way anyone could claim he doesn't deserve one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Murphy is nailed on for an All Star - there's literally no chance he doesn't get one. I think TJ gets one as well. Maher will get nominated. That's it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Hope our camogie team can lift the County the best of luck.

Murphy is nailed on for an All Star - there's literally no chance he doesn't get one. I think TJ gets one as well. Maher will get nominated. That's it.

Do you they take the league into it at all or is it just championship?

Going on past experiences, usually 12 or 13 goes to the finalists - that maybe leaves 2 or 3 for the rest. Hopefully Scruff gets one but it'll be hard considering, as people say, they didn't make the semi-finals.

KK will probably get 3 or 4 nominations.

best luck to the minors tomor last chance saloon for them.After a good start in the leinster round robin they havent recovered from the leinster final although the did struggle to get over offally before that.Hopefully they can kick start things tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

phkk wrote: »
    I see Kilkenny are playing in the final of the Intermediate Championship. Kilkenny and Cork are the only participants in this championship as far as I know. I really don't see the point of this competition anymore

+1 If that's true, that's some joke if that's causing the hold up of the local club scene![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that is the only thing is holding up the local championship, a lot of lads have there holidays booked the next couple of weeks the builders holidays etc. Hopefully it gets started played off quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

As an outsider, quite far I would say. TJ and Richie are on the downhill slope, Murphy, Walsh and Joey have plenty of mileage, Fennelly, Wally have inconsistency/injury issues while the youngsters, although talented, are erratic, unpredictable and totally unproven. It could well be another Kerry 86-97 famine type situation.

Have TJ's performances this year demonstrated that he is on a downhill slope in your opinion or are you stating that with his age in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

A strong win for the minors over Limerick today, FT 3-22 to 1-12. Didn't make it myself and neither did many but the sounds of it only 811 in attendance. They're out against Tipperary in the AI semi final next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Predicted dublin v kk minor final dont see any need to change that view.good chance to beat tipp and I think dublin will take galway in croker.best dublin team in years with 6 players u16.dublin had 2 strong players who chose football over hurling,will be interesting to see if they bring them in now that footballers are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭blackcard

Match was level after 25 minutes when Kilkenny hit 3 points and then Jack Morrissey got a goal in added time. Kilkenny pushed on in the second half and when Morrissey added a second goal the match was effectively over. Substitute Killian Hogan scored a third goal before Limerick got a late Goal. I was impressed with the Kilkenny midfield of Cian Kenny and Conor Kelly .All six Kilkenny forwards along with the 2 midfielders and half back Jamie Harkin scored from play but hard to judge the performance as Limerick were poor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Well done to the Minor team. Fair play to them and a much needed boost for KK GAA.

Well dobe the minors 2 very good semi finals ahead and every chance of beating tipp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MfMan

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Predicted dublin v kk minor final dont see any need to change that view.good chance to beat tipp and I think dublin will take galway in croker.best dublin team in years with 6 players u16.dublin had 2 strong players who chose football over hurling,will be interesting to see if they bring them in now that footballers are out.

You predicted KK to beat Galway U-21s a little while agos, or am I wrong? Latter stages of this competition look very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpinMaster21

The same minor team was called the worst minor team ever to come out of Kilkenny. Personally I feel there’s too much of a self entitlement in Kilkenny and before I’m lynched I’m from Kilkenny. I’m not taking about players or management either

They were absolutely slaughtered before yesterday’s match and yet here they are in an All Ireland semi final.

15/16/17 year olds shouldn’t be ridiculed to that extent. Between school, exams, a personal life and being a teenager they have enough pressure. Every player that ever wore the black and amber had to start somewhere and some of the best hurlers of all time never won a minor all ireland and ours are written yet they are still going

Alot said about minor I agree with.the system being run now means you can lose 2/3 times and still win.dublin team that beat us 2nd time would have been out under straight knock out.I personally rate our team this year and it will produce senior players for kk.4 very good teams in semi finals.also vest if luck to camogie 16s and seniors today.(cracking game in store wirh galway in nowlan pk)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭blackcard

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Alot said about minor I agree with.the system being run now means you can lose 2/3 times and still win.dublin team that beat us 2nd time would have been out under straight knock out.I personally rate our team this year and it will produce senior players for kk.4 very good teams in semi finals.also vest if luck to camogie 16s and seniors today.(cracking game in store wirh galway in nowlan pk)

I have seen the Kilkenny minors in 6 of their matches and wouldn't be that impressed. They were well beaten by Dublin with 2 late goals from Kilkenny putting a gloss on the scoreboard. They were also well beaten by Galway. On a line through Limerick, they should have a reasonable chance against Tipperary but, if they win that, would be rank outsiders in the final.
    I think there are a lot of decent players on the Kilkenny team. Cian Kenny and Conor Kelly are fine midfielders. I also rate Jack Morrissey and Ciaran Brennan. However some players need to work on their first touch for us to have a chance

I agree with most of your post blackcard.goals at the end of dublin game did pyt a better look on the scoreboard but we beat them in parnell pk in another shoot out.I kniw dub team well and think they can take galway.draw for semi has been kind as we avoud dublin or galway.If we beat tipp I think we have a chance in the final as we xan get scores.best part for me yesterday was the amount we conceded.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 157 ✭✭Hawkeye6

Minors have recovered and found their scoring touch again.
    Just proves the point about the inconsistencies of young lads.
    I think more and more that Dublin really did the damage (confidence0, but we did beat Dublin in Parnell Park with a good performance.
    The round robin system is ideal for young lads and second chances or third as the case maybe.
    If Kilkenny can beat Tipperary, it will be interesting as this years minor coincides with a period of Cork/Munster domination of underage tournaments. Limerick have invested hugely in their underage setup over the past few years and are have not much to show for it yet.
    Maybe money is not enough.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 157 ✭✭Hawkeye6

On a subject not directly a Kilkenny issue but obviouslt has become a GAA issue, the Liam Miller/Pairc Ui Chaoimh saga.
    I'm a bit confused because I wouldn't be an expert in this area.

This is a "charity soccer match" to raise funds for the family of a professional soccer player who died of Cancer? Is that correct?
    Is professional soccer really this badly stuck that the living earned by the a player is nor sufficient to support his family after he dies? That there is no death in service scheme? That there is no insurance policy taken out by the family? This doesn't sound like a career I'd like my kid tempted to.

The reason I ask is, the GAA would be very poor to financially support the families of players, mentors, administrators who Volunteered their time to the organisation and have died of cancer. We all know many of them, but how many have had huge fundraisers organised to support their families? Many of these would not have earned anywhere near as much as a professional footballer in their day jobs. if the GAA are going to take this on what about these people and their families? I'm not saying it is feasible because I am pretty sure you all know a GAA family in this category.

Surely this saga is not a reflection on the GAA, but more so on professional football that an employees family could be left so poor. However, if the funds are for the general cancer research for all then surely it is incumbent on the GAA to do something similar and organise a huge fundraiser that involves playing hurling, football, camogie and ladies Gaelic football, not a soccer match. Use our games.

Maybe I'm missing something on this, is their something about the family circumstances that I'm not aware of? Also has his family said anything public or is this a bunch of people looking for a pat on that back for doing something for charity? as I said maybe I'm missing something on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

They're raising money for a hospice foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Senior camogie team looking good to win Group 1 and automatically qualify for the AI semi-finals. They are beating Galway by 7 points with about 5 minutes remaining

• Advertisement

Great win for camogie girls.through to semi finals with cork.galway play dubs a nd tipp play waterford who I thonk we play the wonners of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement