Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,400 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Village87 wrote: »
    And management, picking a player not fit and under performing

Never resist an opportunity to have a pop ....... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Marrooned

boy were n't we lucky we had the honour of being involved in his last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Marrooned wrote: »
    boy were n't we lucky we had the honour of being involved in his last game.

A pity he didn't take Barry Kelly with him. He didn't give us anything in that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

best of luck to eddie brennan who looks set to be appointed as the laois senior manager.

robwen wrote: »
    Big blow to the Boro Cillian Buckley unlikely to hurler for them again this season with knee injury in today's Kilkenny People
    big loss for the boro alright i wonder are doheny and nolan back from the states?
    im looking foward to the club kicking off this weekend and hopefully ill get to 3 or 4 matches but according to the paper alot of teams are missing a few players in the states or through injury so i suppose the real stuff wont start for a few weeks.
    vegas who i liked the look of have a few injuries and its a pity tom aylward done his cruciate but they are a very hard working team.
    i expect ballyhale to win this year but i thought the same over the last few years the ground is alot different at the end of October compared to now but they do seem to have a nice mix of youth and experience.Ballyragget and clara has the makings of a good match clara i feel are on the slide but have experience and are dogged but ballyragget should be able play with freedom and throw of the shackles after getting promotedafter years of trying hopefully kevin kelly will get a good run.
    tullaron are rightly favourites for intermediate but thomastown will feel they have some unfinished business they were cruising against gbc last but let them back into it and couldnt turn it around but they have a lot of good young players it'll be intresting to see how brian dowling goes with them.
    gowran as said could be darkhorses a very hard working team but maybe a foward or 2 away from winning a championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭northern lad

Village87 wrote: »
    And management, picking a player not fit and under performing

Wishing Cillian Buckley a speedy recovery... A wonderful hurler who gives everthing for county and club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Well done to all the ground staff in Nowlan park on winning the best pitch award 2018 keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Well done to all the ground staff in Nowlan park on winning the best pitch award 2018 keep up the good work.

Well done indeed, it seems fully deserved, and it's great that the ground staff are getting recognised for their hard work. It always looks in great condition.

Here is a link to the press release from the GAA.

Also:
    The grounds team from Nowlan Park will receive a specially commissioned award and also pitch supplies thanks to Irish Turfcare, ICL and Campey Turfcare Systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Joe Daly wrote: »

Well done indeed, it seems fully deserved, and it's great that the ground staff are getting recognised for their hard work. It always looks in great condition.

Here is a link to the press release from the GAA.

Also:
    The grounds team from Nowlan Park will receive a specially commissioned award and also pitch supplies thanks to Irish Turfcare, ICL and Campey Turfcare Systems.

Good going to keep a pitch in such good condition with the lack of rain this past 3 months or so.

Was on it on Saturday after the U21 game - lush and green!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭mrbango

Tullaroan v Freshford = Tullaroan Mooncoin v Lisdowney = Lisdowney
    Glenmore v Ballycallan = ballycallan
    Ttown v Tullogher = Ttown
    Fenians v Muckalee = Muckalee
    Gowran v Callan = Gowran

Danesfort v Rower = Rower
    Dicksboro v Village = James Stephens
    Shamrocks v OLG = Olg
    BBridge v Comer = Bridge
    Mvat v Carrickshock = shocks for me St Patricks v Clara = Pats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭mrbango

Tullaroan v Freshford = Tullaroan Mooncoin v Lisdowney = Lisdowney
    Glenmore v Ballycallan = ballycallan
    Ttown v Tullogher = Ttown
    Fenians v Muckalee = Muckalee
    Gowran v Callan = Gowran

Danesfort v Rower = Rower
    Dicksboro v Village = James Stephens
    Shamrocks v OLG = Olg
    BBridge v Comer = Bridge
    Mvat v Carrickshock = shocks for me St Patricks v Clara = Pats

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Full time
    James Stephens : 2-19(25)
    Dicksboro: 1-12(15)

Full time
    Rower-Inistioge: 1-20(23)
    Danesfort: 0-14(14)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Full time

Full time
    What did Leahy end up with?

went into the village and boro match.Infairness to the village they were moving well with some intelligent hurling but very dissapointed with yhe boro,ruth was on fire in the first half and caused evan cody lots of trouble especially with high ball.the villages half back line were solid especially the 2 wing backs.Is dinny stapleton a newcomer or where did he come out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭northern lad

brookville wrote: »
    went into the village and boro match.Infairness to the village they were moving well with some intelligent hurling but very dissapointed with yhe boro,ruth was on fire in the first half and caused evan cody lots of trouble especially with high ball.the villages half back line were solid especially the 2 wing backs.Is dinny stapleton a newcomer or where did he come out of?

Also at this match. Village could have won by 20 points had they taken their scores. Very impressed with Niall Brassil, Matt Ruth, Luke Scanlon and Conor Browne. Boro never got going and without Buckley looked very average. Boro had won every meeting since 2012 semi final so Village were ravenous for victory and it showed. Eoin Larkin ( at midfield) played as a seventh defender and the Boro pushed up on him to no avail, leaving their own backs without any protection or backup from their midfielders. This, along with quick delivery into their livey forwards gave the Village the platform for victory. Boro have a lot of thinking to do. Village have made a great recovery from the Mullinavat debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

We were there too and still don't know where Dinny came from :-) he hurled well though. MOTM for me was Niall Brasil he covered some ground and took anything the Boro were prepared to do to quieten him. Browne had a good game too. Scanny hurled well too but missed some easy scores

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

My god Evan Cody has regressed so much. Ruth gave him all sorts of trouble last year in the county final and took him to the cleaners tonight. I was very disappointed with Ollie Walsh too, he was non existent tonight.

Under the dropping ball Evan Cody is very vulnerable.

Dicksboro shape throughout was so poor. Village were well set up with Larkin lying deep and mopping up with the Village wing forwards working deep to sqeeze the middle third leaving huge space up front for the remaining forwards to move and interchange into. Conor Browne looks to be a very solid prospect at centre back.

Without Buckley anchoring the defence Dicksboro looked an average enough side tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Is Diarmuid Cody still hurling for the Village at all?

Is Diarmuid Cody still hurling for the Village at all?
    sitting with his family in the stand yesterday evening dont know if his still injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Irish Beef

minty81 wrote: »
    BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Full time

Full time
    What did Leahy end up with?
    5 points, one of them was a line Ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭blackcard

OLG beat Ballyhale by 0-20 to 0-17 and probably just about deserved it. Tj Reid came off injured at half time after limping for the previous 10 minutes. Huw Lawlor was solid at full back, Jack Nowlan got 3 points from midfield, Mark Bergin scored 9 from placed balls and they generally caused Ballyhale problems by running at them. Joey Holden was good, Richie Reid came into the match late on, Adrian Mullen tried hard. Darren Mullen didn't play and Mick Fennelly was not on the panel. I thought the ref was a bit harsh on the Shamrocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Do people still think hale are team 2 beat?

blackcard wrote: »
    OLG beat Ballyhale by 0-20 to 0-17 and probably just about deserved it. Tj Reid came off injured at half time after limping for the previous 10 minutes. Huw Lawlor was solid at full back, Jack Nowlan got 3 points from midfield, Mark Bergin scored 9 from placed balls and they generally caused Ballyhale problems by running at them. Joey Holden was good, Richie Reid came into the match late on, Adrian Mullen tried hard. Darren Mullen didn't play and Mick Fennelly was not on the panel. I thought the ref was a bit harsh on the Shamrocks.
    fair report.I was impressed with some of olg younger lads.Got drenched when tj got injured but it was good to see huw lawlor doing well on him and overall had a steady game which is good.Conor walsh started well but faded and joey made a difference when he came out to 6.Adrian mullen tried hard and henry was giving his players plenty of support going around the pitch.Conditions were very hard we got an awful shower about 20 mins in but i thought olg deserved their win bhale only got going in the last 15 mins.A big crowd attended and agree on the ref he let an awful amount go.
    clara v bragget was an entertaining match thankfully no rain.clara started great bergin caused all kind of trouble and could of possibly had another goal to add to his name but bragget stuck at it and joe brennan was very dangerous and kevin kelly very accurate from frees.Bragget finished the stronger especially kelly which was great to see and deserved their win.Both teams down a few regulars but an important win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭blackcard

brookville wrote: »
    fair report.I was impressed with some of olg younger lads.Got drenched when tj got injured but it was good to see huw lawlor doing well on him and overall had a steady game which is good.Conor walsh started well but faded and joey made a difference when he came out to 6.Adrian mullen tried hard and henry was giving his players plenty of support going around the pitch.Conditions were very hard we got an awful shower about 20 mins in but i thought olg deserved their win bhale only got going in the last 15 mins.A big crowd attended and agree on the ref he let an awful amount go.
    clara v bragget was an entertaining match thankfully no rain.clara started great bergin caused all kind of trouble and could of possibly had another goal to add to his name but bragget stuck at it and joe brennan was very dangerous and kevin kelly very accurate from frees.Bragget finished the stronger especially kelly which was great to see and deserved their win.Both teams down a few regulars but an important win.

Ballyragget were 8 points down early on but switching Michael Brennan to play as a sweeper turned the tide. James Bergin scored 1-10, 1-3 from play. Kevin Kelly scored 13 points, 2 lovely points from play,
    Bennettsbridge beat Comer by a point in a tight match with Michael Murphy missing a last minute free to equalise. Both had a man sent off after a big dust up, Conor Delaney and Darragh Wafer, could have sent 4 more off. Both sides missed a penalty. Enda Morrissey went off after a hand injury. 10 of Comer's 15 points came from frees with 8 of Bridge's 16 points coming from frees. Both sides probably unhappy with some decisions by the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

blackcard wrote: »
    Ballyragget were 8 points down early on but switching Michael Brennan to play as a sweeper turned the tide. James Bergin scored 1-10, 1-3 from play. Kevin Kelly scored 13 points, 2 lovely points from play,
    Bennettsbridge beat Comer by a point in a tight match with Michael Murphy missing a last minute free to equalise. Both had a man sent off after a big dust up, Conor Delaney and Darragh Wafer, could have sent 4 more off. Both sides missed a penalty. Enda Morrissey went off after a hand injury. 10 of Comer's 15 points came from frees with 8 of Bridge's 16 points coming from frees. Both sides probably unhappy with some decisions by the ref.
    Well done to Ballyraggett great attitude in the team Bergin had a great game and Kelly looked good. Comer were unlucky not to get a goal with a few minutes to go with Daly and as mentioned the "refereeing" was very poor indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Anyone able to confirm the final score of the Gowran Callan game...I'm seeing conflicting scores on social media

Anyone able to confirm the final score of the Gowran Callan game...I'm seeing conflicting scores on social media
    i was at it it ended in a draw callan got a penalty and it was saved and tapped in.Gowran will be dissapointed not to win they led by 4 with time nearly up.James power good for the lockes he got some brillant long range frees and sean kehoe led the way for gowran but they'll rue giving away that late penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Young Irelands drew 1-17 with J Lockes this even in B'bridge. Gowran saying linesman said scoreboard was wrong from earlier in game and they won by 1pt. JL's scored penalty at the death!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Was in piltown at vat game. Poor enough stuff
    With most coming from frees.shockls missing rice.j power .d Brennan. Will feel they could have got something out of the game.vat a little better in second half .with a Few goal chances.nothing
    For Kilkenny on display.

• Advertisement

Was in piltown at vat game. Poor enough stuff
    With most coming from frees.shockls missing rice.j power .d Brennan. Will feel they could have got something out of the game.vat a little better in second half .with a Few goal chances.nothing
    For Kilkenny on display.
    how did john walsh go?no real stand out from the matches i attended although buckley for olg was a nice hurler.Conor browne was solid at 6 for the village.kevin kelly improved as the match went on.joe brennan was dangerous but his being tried before.is it only a round of seniors on next weekend?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement