Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

phkk wrote: »
    BoroMan32 wrote: »
    It was a poor enough game for a neutral. Tullaroan well on top and quite accurate with their striking especially in the first half. GBC had some very poor players and weren't on Tullaroan's level in any department really.

Not sure whether the break in the season has contributed but most of the senior/intermediate games since the resumption seem to be fairly poor games as a spectacle.

Palmerstown should never hold a big derby game again. Parking was atrocious, I missed at least 15 mins of the first half as traffic was at a standstill and there was literally nowhere to park.
    The match itself was a let down, Tullaroan with the upper hand in all departments. I thought the 2 Tommy Walshs were excellent. Tullaroan should win intermediate this year
    while i dont like to be critical of a ground because its ony fair that its spread around but it was carnage last night with cars just thrown everywhere and people blocked in.ive being to jenkinstown and freshford last weekend and they got a farmers field for an hour to put cars into safely its a pity the same couldnt of being done last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Were any of the contributors on the site here at the Tony Forrestal tournament yesterday and could they give us a report on the matches.I would like to hear who played well etc.

KK Tony forrestal team scored 13 goals in 3 games,not too bad

Sorry I meant 4 games, still not too bad and Forristal spelt wrong as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Tullaroan V GBC:
    This result never really looked in doubt as Tullaroan laid down the marker early in the game. Padraig Walsh got some great scores out by the sideline while Tommy operating a FF was roaming and getting on alot of ball. Mossy worked hard and chipped in with few nice points while young Tommy anchored the defence well from CB. Billy Ryan got a sideline cut and another peach of a point but other than that was quite enough. Tullaroan were far too physical for GBC who struggled to win their own puck outs. Still wouldnt like to face GBC come knock out as they are a stubborn team that refuses to go away.
    Lisdowney V St. Martins: 
    Standard was poor at times but entertaining enough. I thought the referee made some shocking calls in particular against Lisdowney. Dunphy in goal for Lisdowney brought off some nice saves and Pat O'Carroll impressed me too. John Mulhall got two nice points but also had few misses too......he also spent alot of time shouting at his own team mates which didnt go down too well!! 
    Thomastown V Freshford:
    Game of two halves really as wind dictated matters with Shane Donnelly getting Fford goal after poor clearance from Thomastown defender. TTown down by 6 at half time but came out 2nd half and got the first three points. Donnelly got three nice points at crucial times as he came in to it second half.James Maher was excellent and covered alot of ground. Brian Kennedy started at FF again but roamed out the field in second half. Young Staunton was very good for TTown and Darragh McGarry was very assured in goal and made a point blank save last puck of the game. Think Fford will struggle to stay up imo as they lacking in quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Marrooned wrote: »
    KK Tony forrestal team scored 13 goals in 3 games,not too bad

Heard that they had a long day with plenty of tough matches. Kilkenny full forward got 7 of those 13 goals and heard he was stand out player in Kilkennys side. Not sure who he is. Is it Shine from Dicksboro ?

Noddy33 wrote: »
    Tullaroan V GBC:
    This result never really looked in doubt as Tullaroan laid down the marker early in the game. Padraig Walsh got some great scores out by the sideline while Tommy operating a FF was roaming and getting on alot of ball. Mossy worked hard and chipped in with few nice points while young Tommy anchored the defence well from CB. Billy Ryan got a sideline cut and another peach of a point but other than that was quite enough. Tullaroan were far too physical for GBC who struggled to win their own puck outs. Still wouldnt like to face GBC come knock out as they are a stubborn team that refuses to go away.
    Lisdowney V St. Martins: 
    Standard was poor at times but entertaining enough. I thought the referee made some shocking calls in particular against Lisdowney. Dunphy in goal for Lisdowney brought off some nice saves and Pat O'Carroll impressed me too. John Mulhall got two nice points but also had few misses too......he also spent alot of time shouting at his own team mates which didnt go down too well!! 
    Thomastown V Freshford:
    Game of two halves really as wind dictated matters with Shane Donnelly getting Fford goal after poor clearance from Thomastown defender. TTown down by 6 at half time but came out 2nd half and got the first three points. Donnelly got three nice points at crucial times as he came in to it second half.James Maher was excellent and covered alot of ground. Brian Kennedy started at FF again but roamed out the field in second half. Young Staunton was very good for TTown and Darragh McGarry was very assured in goal and made a point blank save last puck of the game. Think Fford will struggle to stay up imo as they lacking in quality.

Attended the Freshford v Thomastown game. Freshford should really have won it with the last shot of the match. Bot teams still fighting relegation.

Tullaroan way to powerful for GBC, Tularoan will be senior next year. They would beat 7/8 senior sides IMO.

Anyone report on Glenmore v Tullogher. How did Wally and Ger Aylward and the Murphys go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Village87 wrote: »
    Heard that they had a long day with plenty of tough matches. Kilkenny full forward got 7 of those 13 goals and heard he was stand out player in Kilkennys side. Not sure who he is. Is it Shine from Dicksboro ?

https://twitter.com/TonyForristal/status/1033297524189212673?s=19

Kilkenny squad there. Shine at 12 but could've played full forward. Highlights on TG4 tonight I think but presume they'll be brief

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

https://twitter.com/TonyForristal/status/1033297524189212673?s=19

Kilkenny squad there. Shine at 12 but could've played full forward. Highlights on TG4 tonight I think but presume they'll be brief

Full forward was Danny glennon from tullogher. Super hurler but did not play all matches due to injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

brookville wrote: »
    while i dont like to be critical of a ground because its ony fair that its spread around but it was carnage last night with cars just thrown everywhere and people blocked in.ive being to jenkinstown and freshford last weekend and they got a farmers field for an hour to put cars into safely its a pity the same couldnt of being done last night.

You have to wonder with grasslands a big sponsor with the Boro that they couldn't have getting them to open one of there yards where they store the manure park the cars in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Joe Daly wrote: »
    You have to wonder with grasslands a big sponsor with the Boro that they couldn't have getting them to open one of there yards where they store the manure park the cars in there.

Could be wrong but I'd imagine that outside of business hours and business activities that cars may be nit insured to be parked in there. Just guessing.

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Could be wrong but I'd imagine that outside of business hours and business activities that cars may be nit insured to be parked in there. Just guessing.

Wouldn't you imagine it would be the same in Freshford , Jenkinstown privately owned fields you wonder how they manage with insurance.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 157 ✭✭Hawkeye6

Full forward was Danny glennon from tullogher. Super hurler but did not play all matches due to injury.

Lot of fake news on Forristal here.
    Highlights were on TG4 last night. Players have squad numbers.
    Calling a young player "super" without seeing him play puts undue pressure on him. There are a lot of potentially very good players coming through

Missed TG4 last night is it on the player? Forgot to record it

Saturday is a very busy day of club hurling. As we are down to play Sunday evening i will try get 2 matches in on Satuday. Also an intermediate match on Sunday morning. Definitely some players putting there hand for senior intercounty chnaces Brian Cody attending a lot of matches too.

Comer V OLG = OLG should beat a poor Comer side
    Bridge v Danesfort = Danesfort might edge this one, will be tight
    Shamrocks v Inistioge = Shamrocks with potentially TJ back
    Carrickshock v Clara = Draw, both playing awful, both teams with sweepers
    Mvat v Dicksboro = Boro need is greater
    Village v Ballyragget = Village coming on nicely, ballyragget safe

Tullaroan v Ttown = match in windgap and Ttown play with a sweeper. Might take Tullaroan in a small pitch
    GBC v Tullogher = GBC should handle this one
    Glenmore v Freshford = Glenmore win in a tight match
    Mooncoin v Fenians = Draw
    Callan V Lisdowney = Hard to call maybe Callan
    Gowran v Muckalee =Muckalee will be hard to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭droppingball

Agree with most of those village except think the bridge will beat danesfort, and carrickshock are poor enough this year.

Was at all 3 ttown games any they dont play a sweeper but might be a good idea against tullaroan. Against tullogher they left dollard ( tulloghers centre forward) out as a third midfielder and let him wander out the field and left centre back sit in front of wally but they still had 6 forwards and they played orthodox for the other two games.

Also fancy lisdowney who seem to be playing well.

Great to have so many matches on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭big_drive

Lads someone here might point me in right direction. Looking to order some Star Hurley’s. Based in cork so would need postage as well.
    I’ve heard waiting time is long so I might be better elsewhere. Any info appreciated

Ring them to find out but with club in full flow you could be waiting a month

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Waiting tine nit long at the moment.onlt took a week to be deluvered to dublin.give them a call and they will tell you.

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Waiting tine nit long at the moment.onlt took a week to be deluvered to dublin.give them a call and they will tell you.

Alo Alo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Joe Daly wrote: »

Alo  Alo
    If he ordered by e-mail he could have ended up with anything :D ....Postman '' Mr dubcat here are your 6 Girlies sign here, enjoy''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Village87 wrote: »
    Saturday is a very busy day of club hurling. As we are down to play Sunday evening i will try get 2 matches in on Satuday. Also an intermediate match on Sunday morning. Definitely some players putting there hand for senior intercounty chnaces Brian Cody attending a lot of matches too.

Comer V OLG = OLG should beat a poor Comer side
    Bridge v Danesfort = Danesfort might edge this one, will be tight
    Shamrocks v Inistioge = Shamrocks with potentially TJ back
    Carrickshock v Clara = Draw, both playing awful, both teams with sweepers
    Mvat v Dicksboro = Boro need is greater
    Village v Ballyragget = Village coming on nicely, ballyragget safe

Tullaroan v Ttown = match in windgap and Ttown play with a sweeper. Might take Tullaroan in a small pitch
    GBC v Tullogher = GBC should handle this one
    Glenmore v Freshford = Glenmore win in a tight match
    Mooncoin v Fenians = Draw
    Callan V Lisdowney = Hard to call maybe Callan
    Gowran v Muckalee =Muckalee will be hard to beat

hopefully some good matches on show this weekend its a pity a few are clasging saturday evening but hard to keep everyone happy i suppose.
    most teams should be getting their summer exports back to strengthen things.
    clara,cshock,comer and dfort will probably end up in the bottom 4.
    glenmore have being dissapointing so far in the intermediate but mooncoin look possibly the weakest at this stage.
    ttown v tullaron looks appetizing but ttown havent hit top gear yet tullaron were impressive last week.
    cody taking in alot of matches alright it looks unlikely his going to step down although ive heard there could be a change in at least one of the backroom team.
    whos stood out so far?i thought huw lawlor has improved and young tommy should be worth a run.I also wouldnt be suprised to see shane walsh called in granted he looks very light at the moment but he knows where the posts are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭mrbango

Tullaroan v Ttown = ttown
    GBC v Tullogher = gbc
    Glenmore v Freshford = freshford Mooncoin v Fenians = fenians
    Callan V Lisdowney = lisdowney Gowran v Muckalee = muckalee

Comer V OLG = OLG
    Bridge v Danesfort = bridge
    Shamrocks v Inistioge = Shamrocks
    Carrickshock v Clara = shock
    Mvat v Dicksboro = draw
    Village v Ballyragget = Village

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭wingbacknr5

No mention of the junior games here so i'll take a stab at it.

Emeralds v Conahy Shamrocks - Neither side standing out at junior level despite being recently demoted from intermediate. Emeralds are currently bottom of their group while Conahy are mid table, and on that basis Conahy to prevail.

Piltown v Dunnamaggin - Dunnamaggin have 4 wins from 4 and seem intent on an immediate return to intermediate. Piltown made the all county league final but seem to be struggling a little lately. Dunnamaggin to win.

Barrow Rangers v Windgap - Second bottom v second top. Windgap have recorded good wins against Conahy and Piltown and a draw against Emeralds so should have too much here.

Graignamanagh v Galmoy - Graig lost their first 2 but won the last 2 so seem to be coming right. Galmoy won their first 3 before a surprise defeat to Cloneen the last day. Home advantage might swing it for Graig as they are hard to beat there.

Blacks and Whites v Kilmacow - Kilmacow are struggling thus far with only 1 win and its hard to see that changing here. B & W don't seem to have much coming through and are still relying on the same 4/5 players as they were 4/5 years ago; they should still have enough this weekend though.

Cloneen v Slieverue - Both sides coming off a good win in the previous round. Cloneen are hard to beat at home; but Slieverue made it to the semis last year and will be hoping to go the extra step this year and should sneak this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 swengall

Tullaroan v Ttown = Tullaroan
    GBC v Tullogher = Tullogher
    Glenmore v Freshford = Glenmore Mooncoin v Fenians = Mooncoin
    Callan V Lisdowney = Lisdowney Gowran v Muckalee = Gowran

Comer V OLG = OLG
    Bridge v Danesfort = Fort
    Shamrocks v Inistioge = Shamrocks
    Carrickshock v Clara = Clara
    Mvat v Dicksboro = Dicksboro
    Village v Ballyragget = Village

Anyone know if the village v ballyragget was on today or tomorrow.?

Anyone know if the village v ballyragget was on today or tomorrow.?

Its on sunday at 6-15pm in Castlecomer.

Many thanks waiting on the village for a bet.coupon had them playing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Truth be told1974

Dicksboro v Mullinavat

The Boro looked very good once they got going, their attitude, crisp passing and physicality all better than their opponents. Mullinavat are at a crossroads now, the manner of the defeat surely a massive disapointment, I had started to see them as genuine contenders for the championship but the same failings are still there, brittle confidence, bad decision making when under pressure and I'll discipline. They really should have had one or two sent off.

Dicksboro got their wake up call v Village and they seem to have learned the lesson. I'd see themselves and O' Loughlin's as the front runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

Ballyhayle deserved winners against the rower today. First time seeing them under Henry and was impressed with them they played some great hurling at times. Same old story for the Rower again. Ballyhayle took 2 of a good few goal chances while the rower didn't take any of theirs.

Never seen Tj hit as many wides before, missed 3/4 frees at least. He played most of it at midfield and was just a class above his touch passing composure and tackling were top notch. Joey was alright at FB. Colin worked very hard but his striking was awful. Adrian Mullen very good when in full forward and Evan shefflin impressed at 5. Darren Mullen man marked leahy and did an excellent job kept leahy very quite but he did get 2 nice points.

Picked ballyhayle at the start and will stick by it. Wonder where Michael fennelly will play next day, don't know why he wasn't playing today. Dansfort vs the bridge sounded like a great game anybody at it, sadly I had the bridge backed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement