Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Truth be told1974

blackcard wrote: »
    Wow some achievement. Did they have a bunch of young players coming at the one time?

Dunnamaggin won a couple of Roinn A Minors and then 3 / 4 x U21 titles from
    1994 to 2000, they had a crazt talented crop that should have won more at Senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

The Roinn A minor final is on Saturday morning at 11.00 in Danesfort. The U15 A final was on a Monday evening in Danesfort. I can accept the latter even if I don't agree with it but the minor county final absolutely should be on in The Park. Even if it doesn't form part of a double header because of the draws forcing the senior semi final to be played Sunday with the Junior final they should be accommodating the minor final either Saturday or the following Saturday.

The minor A final in Danesfort like. Not good enough in my opinion.

Edit: ignore me its the league final. Read twice JJ for God sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

The Roinn A minor final is on Saturday morning at 11.00 in Danesfort. The U15 A final was on a Monday evening in Danesfort. I can accept the latter even if I don't agree with it but the minor county final absolutely should be on in The Park. Even if it doesn't form part of a double header because of the draws forcing the senior semi final to be played Sunday with the Junior final they should be accommodating the minor final either Saturday or the following Saturday.

Our club made some balls of the minor A

Aye, left it behind them alright. Was a poor game but good to see the team competing in A all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

U13A final was in Bennetsbridge. U13 finals should be in the park. Great incentice for kids to get there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Village87 wrote: »
    U13A final was in Bennetsbridge. U13 finals should be in the park. Great incentice for kids to get there

And all the Camogie Finals are on in John Lockes in Callan. :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Aye, left it behind them alright. Was a poor game but good to see the team competing in A all the same
    Wouldn't say it was that poor a lot of real defending done by Martin's it was the lack of scoring forwards that cost them. Better players on the bench never got a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭conor05

I am going to go for a Piltown and Shamrocks win today.

I believe both teams have better forwards than Dunamaggin and Comer respectively who funnily have got solid defenses.

Weather will make for a slippy surface but hoping for two decent matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Wouldn't know enough about the junior teams to call it either way, but good luck to both.

I'll be surprised if Comer keep their beating at the hands of Ballyhale to less than ten points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Dunamaggin back up they shouldn't have going down last year they gifted st Lachtains that relegation match .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Wouldn't know enough about the junior teams to call it either way, but good luck to both.

I'll be surprised if Comer keep their beating at the hands of Ballyhale to less than ten points.

Consider me well and truly surprised. What a heartbreaking and totally undeserved ending for a magnificently spirited Comer effort.

Super performance by Comer. Fogarty immense.

Ballyhale poor and a poxy goal to win it. Thought Fennelly was very poor at centre back and a terrible call by whoever decided to take TJ off the frees and get Eoin Cody to take his first one with a minute to go in the game when 2 points down.

Left right on the whistle but presume Comer went mad with the ref at the end? Didn't think there was much in it but he easily could've given a free out just before the goal and if I was a Comer man I probably would have gone nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Anyone know what Adrian Mullen got the red card for?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭conor05

I thought ballyhale would win well too.

I am afraid to call the final too.

It’s within the grasp of Bennettsbridge to win a county final but Ballyhale might lift their performance for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

laneykin wrote: »
    Anyone know what Adrian Mullen got the red card for?
    Striking Moran off the ball, he did it a few times but got caught with that one

Comerman wrote: »
    Striking Moran off the ball, he did it a few times but got caught with that one

He should have been gone earlier, hard luck don't know how ye lost it the goal was a fluke.

Joe Daly wrote: »
    He should have been gone earlier, hard luck don't know how ye lost it the goal was a fluke.
    Cheers Joe, should of been a free out just before the goal (standard of refereeing again)

As an aside I was only in for the second half of the Junior and it was desperate.

Well done to Dunamaggin all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

Definitely should have been a free out just prior to the Ballyhale goal. Ballyhale hit 16 wides with TJ hitting 6 or 7 of these and was taken off the frees. Richie Reid being substituted was a surprise. Michael Murphy had another good game for Comer. You would think that Ballyhale will not be as wasteful next week.

Definitely should have been a free out just prior to the Ballyhale goal.
    Unfortunately everyone (even Ballyhale supporters) saw that bar the ref who spent most of the game between the two 45's.There should be a compulsory fitness test for all ref's at this level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

I think final is on TG4 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Truth be told1974

Erins Own were so close...they should have seen this one through, tremendous performances from so many of them. The Shamrocks were so wasteful, TJ Reid missing a 40 metre free straight in front the posts!!.

The switching of Mick Fennelly and Joey Holden was a major factor, but Erins Own had the chances in last few minutes to get three / four points up. Adrian Mullen has to learn some self discipline, he is hounded and tightly marked but I saw nothing done to him that warranted his increasingly bad temper, if he is going to make it at a higher level, he has to realise that taking his own retribution is a foolish move (every time). The Shamrocks deserve credit for digging this one out but a team with a small bit more composure or another scoring forward would have bet them by six or seven today. Conor Fogarty was excellent.

Who will win the Co. Final...Bennettsbridge have a good chance now as the Shamrocks have tough decisions to make and there is no guarantees they will work, Joey Holden to centre back, what to do with Richie Reid? Eoin Cody has to start but has been poor when starting previously, can TJ ever have such a bizarre day again?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Heartbreaking way for Comer to lose. Fogarty and Murphy played well for Comer as did the full back (Wallace?) who did a great job marking Colin Fennelly. Poor refereeing in the club matches continues.

Hard to call the county final after that Shamrocks performance. TJ will unlikely miss as many frees again, but Bennettsbridge must have a good chance, definitely better than many would have thought before today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Hard luck to comer today.As i said a few weeks ago i dont think they got the credit they deserved but bhale will know tonight how lucky they are but worryingly for them they'll be without adrian mullen while colin and richie reid look to be carrying knocks.they've being idle for a few weeks this game should bring them on but with only a week to try get the injuries tidydied up it could be tight.
    the bridge look to be in a good position and would of taken great confidence from beating the shamrocks earlier in the year

Early days I know, but does anybody know what games, if any, Kilkenny will have on a Saturday night under lights next season (2019)?

Will try and arrange a night away with my 2 wee lads to an away game but want to plan ahead!!

Early days I know, but does anybody know what games, if any, Kilkenny will have on a Saturday night under lights next season (2019)?

Will try and arrange a night away with my 2 wee lads to an away game but want to plan ahead!!

I am nearly sure all there matches all there league matches for2019 are on Sundays they are playing Cork first in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭larrya

Erins Own were so close...they should have seen this one through, tremendous performances from so many of them. The Shamrocks were so wasteful, TJ Reid missing a 40 metre free straight in front the posts!!.

The switching of Mick Fennelly and Joey Holden was a major factor, but Erins Own had the chances in last few minutes to get three / four points up. Adrian Mullen has to learn some self discipline, he is hounded and tightly marked but I saw nothing done to him that warranted his increasingly bad temper, if he is going to make it at a higher level, he has to realise that taking his own retribution is a foolish move (every time). The Shamrocks deserve credit for digging this one out but a team with a small bit more composure or another scoring forward would have bet them by six or seven today. Conor Fogarty was excellent.

Who will win the Co. Final...Bennettsbridge have a good chance now as the Shamrocks have tough decisions to make and there is no guarantees they will work, Joey Holden to centre back, what to do with Richie Reid? Eoin Cody has to start but has been poor when starting previously, can TJ ever have such a bizarre day again?

Eoin Cody is 18 and may have started one senior game, so I fail to see how he could have been poor starting previously.

Joe Daly wrote: »

I am nearly sure all there matches all there league matches for2019 are on Sundays they are playing Cork first in the park.

What about away games - any Saturday night games under lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Shamrocks were very poor yesterday. Too many individuals, Richie Reid does not do his job midfield and must be worried about his place on the team, only interested in getting loose ball and shooting. Michael Murphy cleaned Michael Fennelly out of it. Evan Shefflin looks slow wing back. TJ very poor yesterday too. Doesnt look himself maybe the long year at 31/32 is getting to him. Always something for the wrong reasons with the Mullens also.

Saying all that they are coming into the final with plenty to prove and that might suit them. Bennetsbridge will fancy there chances now too with Adrian Mullen out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Definitely should have been a free out just prior to the Ballyhale goal. Ballyhale hit 16 wides with TJ hitting 6 or 7 of these and was taken off the frees. Richie Reid being substituted was a surprise. Michael Murphy had another good game for Comer. You would think that Ballyhale will not be as wasteful next week.
    Richie Reid went off with Hamstring injury so wasnt tactical substitution. Hard to say how bad an injury it was but most be some kind of doubt for next week. Murphy was very good again for comer and that point over by the sideline was sublime

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement