Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

brookville wrote: »
    it must be said €15 to get in sunday for potentially two very good matches is great value.Well done to the organisers.

That's very good considering I paid €20 to go to the Wexford football final.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

BBridge by 2 an Tullaroan by 5 are my predictions for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭conor05

kksaints wrote: »
    it must be said €15 to get in sunday for potentially two very good matches is great value.Well done to the organisers.

That's very good considering I paid €20 to go to the Wexford football final.

€5 would be too much to watch any football in Wexford!!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Neewollah

My calls for the weekend:

Bridge v Shams- Was leaning towards the bridge but with Mullen now available I fancy Shamrocks by 3

Tullaroan v GBC- I fancy an upset here. All pressure on tullaroan. Think GBC are slightly better balanced. GBC by 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

i think its hard enough call these matches i seen tullaron v gbc earlier in the year in Palmerstown and tullaron granted hard to read anything into that now were much better.I was at the 2 semi finals and gbc were lucky to beat a wastefull tullogher side while tullaron after a great start never kicked on against freshford.i think gbc are a bit more reliant on billy ryan where as tullaron have mossy and padraig outside and probably one of the most improved players shane inside to deal with.If shane walsh is given right bsll he can destroy ya.Id give my vote to the favourites tullaron.
    ive being impressed with the bridge playing smart hurling maybe over doing the handpasses at times.The shamrocks fowards have yet to click for 60 mins.even the evening against the boro mullen and tj were very good and colin won the penalties but they need big games from eoin reid or joe cuddihy and probably have to make a decision wheather to start eoin cody or not.
    if the bridge get their match up right they'll have a great chance but even the last day the shamrocks have a better spread of scorers id have to go with the shamrocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

I think you would have to fancy Shamrocks and Tullaroan as both have the better scorers. I gave the Bridge a chance when Adrian Mullen was due to miss the match but he, TJ and Colin Fennelly give the advantage to Ballyhale.
    Similarly Padraig Walsh, Shane Walsh and Mossy Keoghan should be too good for the Graigue Ballycallan backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Get the feeling there's a lot more pressure on Tullaroan than on GBC, with most people predicting all year that Tullaroan would go up. I have an inkling we might see an upset.

Can't see an upset in the Senior final, personally. The Bridge have a few weaker links, (the left flank of their defence in particular) and you'd think Ballyhale may have a bit too much know how for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

phkk wrote: »
    I think there could be 13/14k in for them.

Senior is live on the box. There'll be nowhere near that number

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

citykat wrote: »
    Senior is live on the box. There'll be nowhere near that number

Well last year it was on the box and we were told because there were two city teams the crowd wouldn't turn up. There was 10k at it from memory. It was also the biggest audience TG4 had for any county final in 7-8 years according to the lads in the production truck.

I think Tullaroan will do it although they have a top player carrying an injury.

I'm also going for the Bridge although I think it's a harder game to call. If Ballyhale click they can win it and win easy. However I think the Bridge play the right way and have the right players to disrupt Ballyhale and they can get the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Oh Tullaroan, how did you lose that?! Fair play to Ballycallan but they really should've been buried 9 down after 27/28 minutes.

Thankfully the Bridge made a game of the senior in the second half as it looked bad there for a while. Congrats to Ballyhale.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Tullaroan will be a while getting over that loss today. Hugely wasteful in the first half when well on top and then completely went to pieces from midway through the second half. Shane Walsh missed some shocking frees, and they just lost their shape completely in the second half. GBC improved a lot after the break, Eddie Brennan was crafty when moved to full forward and broke the ball well for the second goal. Billy Ryan came into it more and more as the game wore on. Flynn, Roberts and Murphy all contributed well in the second half too.

Senior final wasn't up to much, the Bridge did well to keep it reasonably close.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Well lads championship over,anyone pick a team of standouts from the junior inter and senior cimbined.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

I must say I thought Colin Fennelly was very poor for Ballyhale. He has regressed a lot as a player since 2011/2012 when I thought he was at his best. Sadly I think he went down the gym-busting route too much and his skill levels have dropped off as a result. When was the last time you say him score a goal like the one in this clip from 5:45-6:00. What pace and vision & stick work he had back then.

https://youtu.be/o6-JAw69B2A

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Bennetsbridge gave a fantastic display of using the handpass. I’m not sure I have ever seen a team use it as much in Hurling. It is a joy to see when they link 2-3 passes together from the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

Bennettsbridge were like rabbits caught in headlights for the first 10 minutes at which point they were 8 points down and they were never going to pull back that deficit against the Shamrocks. It wasn't until the second half that their county panellists got into the game. The Shamrocks responded well to the two Bridge goals and never looked in any danger.
    Tullaroan should have been a lot further ahead at half time but hit a lot of bad wides. They were unable to turn the tide when Ballycallan scored the late goal. I thought the Ballycallan penalty was soft.

There is a SHC in that Bennettsbridge team. They have some fine young hurlers who just watched Ballyhale hurl in the first 20 minutes.

Sometimes you need to lose one before you win one, TJ Reid was the difference between the teams yesterday he had a hand in everything that was good about Ballyhale.

Blanchfield only came into when he they took him away from Joey Holden (who hurled well).

I fancy a Ballyhale v Ballyboden Leinster final which would have the makings of a cracker, Dublin club hurling very strong at present.

I must say I thought Colin Fennelly was very poor for Ballyhale. He has regressed a lot as a player since 2011/2012 when I thought he was at his best. Sadly I think he went down the gym-busting route too much and his skill levels have dropped off as a result. When was the last time you say him score a goal like the one in this clip from 5:45-6:00. What pace and vision & stick work he had back then.

https://youtu.be/o6-JAw69B2A

On the flip side I thought his brother Michael was Outstanding yesterday.
    Obviously you can see his mobility has been affected by injuries but his first touch, and ability to get clearances and handpasses in when surrounded by opposition was sublime.

I still think if we had him on the panel this year and he was thrown in full forward against Limerick for last 15minutes he would of caused wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Tullaroan will take a while to get over that one. Losing after being in such a dominant position is bad enough but to do so against their bitter rivals will be a sore one to take.
    Was Padraig Walsh carrying an injury? Never looked himself all day

first off well done to the two winning teams and hard luck to the losing teams.I think when the bridge reflect on the year they'll be very proud of their efforts.
    as already mentioned tullaron will find it hard to get over this one but ballyragget had to go through the same hardship to get up aswell.I just thought mossy was going to town on egan full foward and had him on a yellow card it was baffling they took him out of there.The wides they drove in the first half when on top came back to haunt them.Fair play to eddie and ryall they really came into it but billy ryan also finished very well.
    it was unfortunate for the bridge to give the start they really wanted.i thought they should of started enda on tj he had a very good 2nd half.eoin cody very good aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

Any truth Michael Fennelly is going to be part of the Tipp backroom team next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

first off well done to the two winning teams and hard luck to the losing teams.I think when the bridge reflect on the year they'll be very proud of their efforts.
    as already mentioned tullaron will find it hard to get over this one but ballyragget had to go through the same hardship to get up aswell.I just thought mossy was going to town on egan full foward and had him on a yellow card it was baffling they took him out of there.The wides they drove in the first half when on top came back to haunt them.Fair play to eddie and ryall they really came into it but billy ryan also finished very well.
    it was unfortunate for the bridge to give the start they really wanted.i thought they should of started enda on tj he had a very good 2nd half.eoin cody very good aswell.

Agreed on a couple of counts Brookville. By my reckoning Mossy accounted for 2-6 in the first half, either directly or by winning the free/penalty. He took Egan to the cleaners. Second half was a completely different story, through no fault of Mossys. I didn't think Ryall did a whole lot for GB but Eddie and especially Ryan really made a difference second half.
    In the seniors, young Eoin Cody looks a player alright, very impressive, especially first half. TJ did a lot of damage on Cleere who didn't look at the races at all first half.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

Agreed on a couple of counts Brookville. By my reckoning Mossy accounted for 2-6 in the first half, either directly or by winning the free/penalty. He took Egan to the cleaners. Second half was a completely different story, through no fault of Mossys. I didn't think Ryall did a whole lot for GB but Eddie and especially Ryan really made a difference second half.
    In the seniors, young Eoin Cody looks a player alright, very impressive, especially first half. TJ did a lot of damage on Cleere who didn't look at the races at all first half.
    i thought cleere came into it when moved to mid field but drove a few pot shot wide where he might of being better playing it in.The bridge should have the 2 minors from this year next year that should help them.Yesterday should stand to the bridge but i was also suprised blanch didnt play more at 11 he doesnt threaten enough full foward his better out on the 40.
    just on colin he has to be the frustrating hurler and he has regreesed since 2011 when he burst onto the scene.He done well against the boro and ballyragget but for a lad of his experience his very inconsistent.
    just on a few lads who done well at club level i think ciarian wallace who i always had time for deserves a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

What was the attendence yesterday?

little over 9 thousand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

robwen wrote: »
    Any truth Michael Fennelly is going to be part of the Tipp backroom team next year?

Absolutely none, Fennelly is working in Thurles College and is very highly regarded so some people were putting 2 and 2 together. Tipp have named both their coaches and their S&C person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

Tullaroan management have a lot to answer for the weekend. They lost it on the line last year v Ballyraggett and this year v GBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Notabot

Anyone fancy predicting the U21 A championship. North/South divide done away with. Ballyhale ,only lost 3/4 players off lasr years final team and will gain back a couple of Mullens and the 3town teams will surely be strong. Can Dunnamaggin keep the club's good run of form going? Or Tullaroan salvage something from a disappointing season.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭suirway

Village87 wrote: »
    Tullaroan management have a lot to answer for the weekend. They lost it on the line last year v Ballyraggett and this year v GBC.

Very easy and lazy to blame any management. Tullaroan dominated the first half and should have had the game won at half time. They hit 11 wides so should have had the game finished. The senior game also followed a very similar pattern with Shamrocks dominating with the wind in the first half and Bridge coming back when they had the wind. Only difference was Shamrocks were far enough ahead at half time to stay in the lead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Tullaroan don't seem to have the power to finish off close games league final v John locks, last sunday .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement