Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

might be a woman involved in the hate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Define irony- a kilkenny hurling fan complaining about dirty play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    yeah for some reason it wouldn't show page 130 for me either this morning. Seems fine again now though.

thread seems to be acting up again today, stuck on showing page 130 as the last page now even though I'm getting emails that there are further posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Don't worry you're not missing much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

sasta le wrote: »
    Think it was Iarla Tannion that clashed with Reid could be wrong

Your correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

Yes it was Tannion.

But still, using dirty club play as a justification to try and maim opposition players in the county situation is a lame excuse (excuse the pun).

Real men know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

What’s people’s opinions on Ballyhale v Naomh Eanna in wexford Park this Sunday?

TJ Reid and Conor McDonald could be influential on the outcome of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

conor05 wrote: »
    What’s people’s opinions on Ballyhale v Naomh Eanna in wexford Park this Sunday?

Gorey have 2 players suspended that got red cards in there leinster football campaign when playing tullogher, each got 3 months suspension and are missing the hurling. By all accounts big losses.

Wexford Park a hard place to go too but Shamrocks should be able to win by 3/4 points even with the messing around of the lads going over and back to Australia for one week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Define irony- a kilkenny hurling fan complaining about dirty play.

So 'funny' you had to post it twice ...................................... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

I've seen Naomh Eanna a few times this season and offensively they are a very good side. McDonald and Dunbar are two quality forwards and McDonald is lethal in front of goal. Defensively they aren't so good and apart from the Wexford final where they kept St Martins to a low total have been quite porous so they could be plenty of space for TJ and co.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

kksaints wrote: »

I've seen Naomh Eanna a few times this season and offensively they are a very good side. McDonald and Dunbar are two quality forwards and McDonald is lethal in front of goal. Defensively they aren't so good and apart from the Wexford final where they kept St Martins to a low total have been quite porous so they could be plenty of space for TJ and co.
    its hard to know with the shamrocks how good they are.Excellent against ballyragget and very impressive against the boro but very lucky against comer and after the great start against the bridge they only looked ok.I dont think there world beaters but they have experience in their team and they now have good young lads like cody mullen and shefflin to help the older lads.
    colin has had some terrible matches lately so he must be nearly due a good 1.Conor mac v joey should be a great tussle both have marked each other before dunbar has great legs and could cause trouble but i would expect if shamrocks bring their A game in attack they might just have enough to get over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Joe Lyng has left the panel I see, this year was always likely to be make or break after the progress he made last year but work commitments seemed to get in the way and I suppose the league match against Clare didn't help either.

Topcat32 wrote: »
    Joe Lyng has left the panel I see, this year was always likely to be make or break after the progress he made last year but work commitments seemed to get in the way and I suppose the league match against Clare didn't help either.
    where did you see that?think he went to oz.Its a pity if true he was good last year against waterford but probably after slipping behind delaney;morrissey,browne and deegan.Best of luck to him anyway.
    are kk back preseason now?

Topcat32 wrote: »

Or the match v Cork in the beginning of the league last year. I think after those 2 matches he was never getting back in.

Did Kilkenny break any rules attaending Fota Island resort on a training camp last year ? Was it in the 14 days before championship ?

Best of luck to Thomastown Senior Camogie team.
    Playing St. Martins of Wexford on Sunday in the Leinster Final.
    Missing two of the Farrells , and up against a tough team !

And also to Young Irelands in the Intermediate decider.

Kilkenny will host the Intermediate and Senior AIB Leinster Club Finals on Sunday 18th November
    12.30pm Young Ireland’s v St Rynagh’s (Offaly)
    2.30pm Thomastown v St Martins (Wexford)

Admission is
    €10 for Adults
    €5 for Students/OAP
    Tickets must be purchased at the kiosk at the Aras O Cerbhaill building before going to the Turnstiles.
    Ardán Breathnach will be the only stand open

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

The shamrocks and GBC both playing Wexford teams at the weekend. GBC should have enough for Fethard as one of their best players is unlikely to be playing although he did make an apparence in the 2 county final games. Will be tough in ross but I'd be expecting GBC to win.

Shamrocks Gorey is a great match. Gorey have Mac and Dunbar in the forwards and the free taker is tidy as well. The molloys are big and strong and could match TJ strenght wise. There's always a swirling breeze in Wexford and If there's any rust from the trip the shamrocks could be in trouble. I hope the shamrocks have enough and I do think they will win but the likes of Colin will have to up his game.

thread is glitching again ??!?!

best of luck to the women and men representing our county this weekend.
    dunnamaggin should go well in this competition.Willie phelan is hurling very well for them and i wouldnt be suprised to see him called in next year.
    gbc had a very good win last time out against good opposition and it must of being hard for them to get down from the high of the county final win and celebrations but this wexford crowd beat callan last year and have won intermediate this year so this is a good team.billy ryan not going to oz shows tge intent they have of keeping this momentum going and stay in this competition.He is hurling well hopefully he will stay improving because i think he can be a very good hurler.
    id like to go to the ballyhale match but i cant but the few lads that travelled to austrialia would of being fairly shook after coming home and i know from being there it takes a few days to come around and now play this match.The only thing is they would of trained over there and there very fit but they really need colin to have a big game.This should be a good match and wexford park is always difficult place but ballyhale have a very good spine but havent hit top gear yet.It would be nice to see adrian mullen explode at this level he has great potential but still does silly things.
    thomastown girls will be under pressure down a few players while gowran are in bonus territory after a great win with a young team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Now boys and girls dont forget that expats rely on this tread for worthwhile local news and views. Please say something to let us know at least one of you is still breathing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bamayang

Now boys and girls dont forget that expats rely on this tread for worthwhile local news and views. Please say something to let us know at least one of you is still breathing.

What’s Savanna like?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

If it's of any use to you..

Graigue Ballycallan were very good yesterday and worthy victors. They'll win leinster handy and will be tough to beat after that. Billy Ryan had a fantastic game, really showed true quality and was a stand out on the field. I'm sure the headlines will be about Eddie and the goal he got, but realistically, he didn't contribute much and was ineffective. Still great going to be match fit and playing well at his age, but the team is far more than him.

Half way thru the second half there was a bit of a mêlée and a player from each side got a red. Then there was only 3 points in it, but GB really drove on and got 2 quick goals with a couple of points and finished the game completely. Murphy on the frees was decent too, but nothing spectacular from play.

Ballyhale's forwards were devastating today. Tore Naomh Eanna to shreds even if TJ Reid didn't play spectacularly well. Colin Fennelly scored at least 4-3 and possibly could have had another goal at least. Cathal Dunbar was a threat to their defense but Joey Holden coped with Conor McDonald quite well. Very Impressive from Ballyhale.

colin fennelly must of being looking at this thread i said the other day he must be due a good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

brookville wrote: »
    colin fennelly must of being looking at this thread i said the other day he must be due a good match.

Pity you did not say it before the Limerick and Galway matches last year:)

kksaints wrote: »
    Ballyhale's forwards were devastating today. Tore Naomh Eanna to shreds even if TJ Reid didn't play spectacularly well. Colin Fennelly scored at least 4-3 and possibly could have had another goal at least. Cathal Dunbar was a threat to their defense but Joey Holden coped with Conor McDonald quite well. Very Impressive from Ballyhale.

must be dissapointed to concede what they did tho.We all know they have a serious attack if they click its a good way to be going into the final knowing they can do better defensively

brookville wrote: »
    must be dissapointed to concede what they did tho.We all know they have a serious attack if they click its a good way to be going into the final knowing they can do better defensively

It has to be said that Naomh Eanna last few scores came when Ballyhale had the match clearly won and their forward's defensive workrate wasn't as high. Cathal Dunbar did cause them problems though and I would have some concerns about the right and left full back.

Make sure to watch Ballyhale's sixth goal. Cheeky free combination from TJ and Colin Fennelly with a sensational strike by Fennelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Fair play to Billy Ryan for staying at home to concentrate on the club match yesterday the public give out about these lads but the commitment they give is unbelievable. As regards the shamrocks they hurled well but the Wexford champions were down a couple of backs and C Mcdonald was way off. Well done to all teams that represented the county to day hopefully they can keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

Was at both games and both kk sides looked impressive to me and I'd fancy them both to win the next day now.

GBC were always in control of that game and never looked liked loosing. Dwyer was causing them all sorts of damage but the minute he was sent off fethard had no attacking threat and the GBC class shown through. Have to agree with everything being said about Billy Ryan, unbeleivable commitment and he was easily the best player on the pitch for me striking the world of ball, he has a very clean strike and a good hand, his brother Sean did well too was brave for his goal. Eddie drives them and got 1-1 finished off a great team goal but he missed an easy one. Great display by GBC.

Same with ballyhale excellent performance, said Colin would have to up his game and in fairness he was unstopablle today. They play a lovely brand of hurling, all the forwards offer something and they have class everywhere. Joey Holden cleaned Mac out of it today high ball low ball everything. Dunbar caused them havoc but Darren Mullen quietened him down
    a small bit. Seen their number 4 vs the rower and he looked dodgy and it was the same today also thought mick fenno was poor stroke a lot of ball in the second half to be fair but a lot of frees given away. Tj got 0-4 on a quiet day for him, it's weird he plays games where he strikes every ball controlling the game and only score 0-1 from play then come along and be quiet for his standards and score 4. They should win the final with home advantage, they've two of the best big game players in Michael fennelly and tj so that will be a help for them moving forward also

• Advertisement

Great weekend for club hurling in the county and hard luck to the girls both beaten.Will the shamrocks match be in portlaoise or have they home advantage.It would be great if colin was consistent with his performances but the likelihood is he usually follows these days up with a few stinkers.They should have a good chance the next day and set up a mouth watering match against ballygunner.Joey was excellent today and is a very good club full back.
    are kk back preseason now or any newcomers giving a plan?will tj be captain next year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement