Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The_Ghost wrote: »
    Was at both games and both kk sides looked impressive to me and I'd fancy them both to win the next day now.
    They should win the final with home advantage, they've two of the best big game players in Michael fennelly and tj so that will be a help for them moving forward also

Any venues announced yet for the finals?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

brookville wrote: »
    Great weekend for club hurling in the county and hard luck to the girls both beaten.Will the shamrocks match be in portlaoise or have they home advantage.It would be great if colin was consistent with his performances but the likelihood is he usually follows these days up with a few stinkers.They should have a good chance the next day and set up a mouth watering match against ballygunner.Joey was excellent today and is a very good club full back.
    are kk back preseason now or any newcomers giving a plan?will tj be captain next year?

Most of the Kilkenny boys are still in China enjoying their holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

greenspurs wrote: »
    thread is glitching again ??!?!

ONCE AGAIN !!!! whats going on ?!?!? :mad: :confused:

ANy mods to have a look ????

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Surely finals are nutreal?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

Surely finals are nutreal?

I had read online that ballyhale had home advantage for the final but that may not be right either. Should be neutral venue for a final anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Muntz39

Ballyhale Vs Boden is on in Carlow on December 2nd at 2 p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Junior and intermediate finals are in nowlan park on Saturday week the 1st December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

i heard derek mcgrath is the new mooncoin manager.Think he done a bit of work with them this year aswell.Mooncoin going very well underage and i dont think all was well this year.Paddy mullally is with mullinavat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

best of luck to the women and men representing our county this weekend.
    dunnamaggin should go well in this competition.Willie phelan is hurling very well for them and i wouldnt be suprised to see him called in next year.
    gbc had a very good win last time out against good opposition and it must of being hard for them to get down from the high of the county final win and celebrations but this wexford crowd beat callan last year and have won intermediate this year so this is a good team.billy ryan not going to oz shows tge intent they have of keeping this momentum going and stay in this competition.He is hurling well hopefully he will stay improving because i think he can be a very good hurler.
    id like to go to the ballyhale match but i cant but the few lads that travelled to austrialia would of being fairly shook after coming home and i know from being there it takes a few days to come around and now play this match.The only thing is they would of trained over there and there very fit but they really need colin to have a big game.This should be a good match and wexford park is always difficult place but ballyhale have a very good spine but havent hit top gear yet.It would be nice to see adrian mullen explode at this level he has great potential but still does silly things.
    thomastown girls will be under pressure down a few players while gowran are in bonus territory after a great win with a young team.

Cant see Willie Phelan being called back in. Cody had him for 4/5 years and he was way off the pace. Lads like that are never called back in.
    He was struggling to make the Dunnamaggin team in intermediate last few years so he will be better judged at Intermediate club level next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

i heard derek mcgrath is the new mooncoin manager.Think he done a bit of work with them this year aswell.Mooncoin going very well underage and i dont think all was well this year.Paddy mullally is with mullinavat.

Wexford lads have it that he's taking over the Martins after the county final debacle, how reliable their sources are is another question though.

• Advertisement

I can't get past page 166 so just posting this to see what happens

Edit : it's telling me there's 169 pages but this landed at the bottom of 166 so **** knows that's going on

Village87 wrote: »
    best of luck to the women and men representing our county this weekend.
    dunnamaggin should go well in this competition.Willie phelan is hurling very well for them and i wouldnt be suprised to see him called in next year.
    gbc had a very good win last time out against good opposition and it must of being hard for them to get down from the high of the county final win and celebrations but this wexford crowd beat callan last year and have won intermediate this year so this is a good team.billy ryan not going to oz shows tge intent they have of keeping this momentum going and stay in this competition.He is hurling well hopefully he will stay improving because i think he can be a very good hurler.
    id like to go to the ballyhale match but i cant but the few lads that travelled to austrialia would of being fairly shook after coming home and i know from being there it takes a few days to come around and now play this match.The only thing is they would of trained over there and there very fit but they really need colin to have a big game.This should be a good match and wexford park is always difficult place but ballyhale have a very good spine but havent hit top gear yet.It would be nice to see adrian mullen explode at this level he has great potential but still does silly things.
    thomastown girls will be under pressure down a few players while gowran are in bonus territory after a great win with a young team.

Cant see Willie Phelan being called back in. Cody had him for 4/5 years and he was way off the pace. Lads like that are never called back in.
    He was struggling to make the Dunnamaggin team in intermediate last few years so he will be better judged at Intermediate club level next year.
    i agree he lacks pace but the point i was making is his hurling well at the moment granted at junior level but i met him during the summer and he was putting in a huge effort so im happy his getting his reward.his still only around 27 but his in good shape at the minute.The only lad i remember cody going back for was mark bergin

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

Was just looking at the Ballyhale team against Naomh Eanna the breeding in that village is mighty mixed with hard work obviously.

3 starters Evan Shefflin (son of Tommy), Brian & Eoin Cody are all nephews of Henry Shefflin.
    Michael & Colin Fennelly (Sons of Michael Sr) are first cousins of starters Adrian & Darren Mullen (who’s mother is a Fennelly, sister of Michael Sr)
    3 Reid brothers all started TJ, Eoin and Ritchie.

I think St Thomas in Galway have a lot of brothers and cousins from the Burke family all on the team.

conor05 wrote: »
    Was just looking at the Ballyhale team against Naomh Eanna the breeding in that village is mighty mixed with hard work obviously.

3 starters Evan Shefflin (son of Tommy), Brian & Eoin Cody are all nephews of Henry Shefflin.
    Michael & Colin Fennelly (Sons of Michael Sr) are first cousins of starters Adrian & Darren Mullen (who’s mother is a Fennelly, sister of Michael Sr)
    3 Reid brothers all started TJ, Eoin and Ritchie.

I think St Thomas in Galway have a lot of brothers and cousins from the Burke family all on the team.
    correct bob and mark aylward also gave great service both subs and bobs son also a sub now

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

correct bob and mark aylward also gave great service both subs and bobs son also a sub now

Very true, great servants the Aylwards and their father Maurice also.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

How many players on that Ballyhale starting team have an all Ireland medal at any level? I know Joey, mick fennelly, Colin tj, Adrian, Darren( With the kierans) and surely eoin Reid has one is well. That winning feeling/mentality will surely drive them over the line in the Leinster final. Also not many ppl mentioning Henry himself because of the players he has at his disposal but from the lads ive spoken too they much prefer him as a manager than a player. Imagine Cha was with them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

How many players on that Ballyhale starting team have an all Ireland medal at any level? I know Joey, mick fennelly, Colin tj, Adrian, Darren( With the kierans) and surely eoin Reid has one is well. That winning feeling/mentality will surely drive them over the line in the Leinster final. Also not many ppl mentioning Henry himself because of the players he has at his disposal but from the lads ive spoken too they much prefer him as a manager than a player. Imagine Cha was with them!!

Ronan Corcoran minor all Ireland medal 2014, Brian Coady won a colleges medal with kierans. For a country club they have produced great players down through the years from Frank Cummins to the present day. Over confidence never wins anything you have to produce it on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭big_drive

Anyone know why was Gary Maguire not in goal for Na Fianna vs Coolderry?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Ann Downey and Aine Fahey have been ratified as senior and intermediate camogie inter county mangers for next season. Best of luck to them both.

I would like to see the senior team play less defensively

Is Paddy Mullaly staying on as a selector if he is taking the job in Mullinavat .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Truth be told1974

Also not many ppl mentioning Henry himself because of the players he has at his disposal

It was no slam dunk for the Shamrocks this year, Henry knew that, they had potential (recent underage success) but he had to iron out certain things from the start, he has been largely successful (stating the obvious), Richie O' Neill seems to have been a shrewd addition and Tommy Shefflin, as trainer always brings massive passion and success to any setup. The Shamrocks have a large bunch of good players coming up 16-19 yrs, will they maximise this in next five years is the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

big_drive wrote: »
    Anyone know why was Gary Maguire not in goal for Na Fianna vs Coolderry?

Its Ballyboden, and hes suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

wazzer1 wrote: »

He's back for the final though I think?

wazzer1 wrote: »

yea i think his back,keaney got 2 yellows aswell the last day so will be back.It should be a good match boden will be no push over they've shown great character in the last few matches.Ballyhale corner back got bit of roasting the last day but darren mullen tightened up things ehen he went back.Boden will feel theres goals to be got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

It was no slam dunk for the Shamrocks this year, Henry knew that, they had potential (recent underage success) but he had to iron out certain things from the start, he has been largely successful (stating the obvious), Richie O' Neill seems to have been a shrewd addition and Tommy Shefflin, as trainer always brings massive passion and success to any setup. The Shamrocks have a large bunch of good players coming up 16-19 yrs, will they maximise this in next five years is the question?

Is that Richie O'Neill from Kilmacow ? Should he not still be playing himself ?
    I hope he is putting something back into his own club, i believe they are struggling big time

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Neewollah

Village87 wrote: »
    Is that Richie O'Neill from Kilmacow ? Should he not still be playing himself ?
    I hope he is putting something back into his own club, i believe they are struggling big time

Transferred to Ballycallan last year. Sub Goalie for them

Richie O Neill is a serious goalkeeping coach. Was at a workshop with him last year and it was brilliant.

Also, whatever about adult level Kilmacow have a great underage set up. Some quality hurlers down there between 14-17.

Serious population explosion down there around kilmacow its up to the club to bank on that. Ritchie o Neill had his fair share of injuries he was only back from a cruciate when the other one happened .

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭amber69

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Is Paddy Mullaly staying on as a selector if he is taking the job in Mullinavat .

No he won't be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Correct, served a 2 game suspension

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement