Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Is Paddy Mullaly staying on as a selector if he is taking the job in Mullinavat .
    amber69 wrote: »
    Is Paddy Mullaly staying on as a selector if he is taking the job in Mullinavat .

No he won't be
    ray chancellor and brian dowling are new members to annes backroom team.best of luck to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

brookville wrote: »
    ray chancellor and brian dowling are new members to annes backroom team.best of luck to all involved
    Believe another county has approached 1 of annes coaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

The best of luck to the three kilkenny clubs in their leinster finals this weekend.

The best of luck to the three kilkenny clubs in their leinster finals this weekend.
    dunnamaggin look very good and its hard to see them beaten at this stage.
    gbc v portlaoise should be a good match portlaoise will probably have a few footballers on it cahir healy being one i know of.Gbc have improved game after game i dont know if ryall is missing i know he was sent off the last day but billy ryan is the go to man up front and its after being a great year for him hopefully he can stay improving.
    Ballyhale will have it all to do aswell against a determined boden side who have gone to the well a few times already but they have massive firepower up front if they click i would be slightly concerned bout the corner back and goalie.
    Are kk back doing pre season does anyone know?

Think ballyhale will be to good for boden.my only concern is the keeper.

• Advertisement

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Think ballyhale will be to good for boden.my only concern is the keeper.
    i agree his suspect but infairness his very young but goalie has being an issue with them over the years but they've had the firepower up front.butler got a roasting the ladt day off dunbar darren mullen did better so be intresting to see will they put mullen coener back cause paul ryan is still a good foward and will be a threat joey and colm basquell should also be a good tussle as will mick fennelly and keaney but joey has being excellent full back for his club.He was very good on conor macdonald.

Joey has been playing great all year.basquel lacks touch but he has pace and is very direct.I was at the county final (1st game) and felt crokes should have nicked it.overall I feel ballyhale have more class and if the keeper istf a factor on the day they shoukd win.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

i agree his suspect but infairness his very young but goalie has being an issue with them over the years but they've had the firepower up front.butler got a roasting the ladt day off dunbar darren mullen did better so be intresting to see will they put mullen coener back cause paul ryan is still a good foward and will be a threat joey and colm basquell should also be a good tussle as will mick fennelly and keaney but joey has being excellent full back for his club.He was very good on conor macdonald.

Conor McDonald is a great man to run riot against a weak defender never really does it when it counts and has no pace.
    Basquel is an absolute beast with electric pace like Con o Callaghan so Joey cannot let him get the ball is in his hand because he won’t stop him.
    Con O Callahan tore Cillian Buckley apart last year against Dicksboro but I think Joey has been outstanding this year and if he can win this duel ballyhale will win it out.

TJ and Colin to do the business the other end too!

conor05 wrote: »

Conor McDonald is a great man to run riot against a weak defender never really does it when it counts and has no pace.
    Basquel is an absolute beast with electric pace like Con o Callaghan so Joey cannot let him get the ball is in his hand because he won’t stop him.
    Con O Callahan tore Cillian Buckley apart last year against Dicksboro but I think Joey has been outstanding this year and if he can win this duel ballyhale will win it out.

TJ and Colin to do the business the other end too!
    ballyhale are lucky to have eoin cody and adrian mullen aswell both look great prospects.You dont know what you'll get with colin.They look to have a very strong u21 team this year.just on a side note speedy recovery to brendan fennelly whos sick at the moment in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭big_drive

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Its Ballyboden, and hes suspended.

Thanks. Ballyboden of course not na fianna, sorry

Was it a suspension that he got after they reviewed county final or what?

https://youtu.be/UAIQqlvHjLA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Yeh and well deserved, horrendous "tackle"

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Yeh and well deserved, horrendous "tackle"
    bout time he learnt from these sort of tackles nearly broke up blanchfield aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

big_drive wrote: »
    Was it a suspension that he got after they reviewed county final or what?

https://youtu.be/UAIQqlvHjLA

Jesus. He should have got more than a two match suspension for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Holygod

Jesus. He should have got more than a two match suspension for that

Of course he should have gotten a much longer suspension. The Crokes forward had his ACL and his medial ligament severed in the incident. Ballyboden - to their shame - appealed the 2 match suspension and, I believe, brought in a former KK senior goalkeeper to assist them at the appeal hearing. How any keeper could argue that charging at full tilt with studs showing at kneecap height is a valid technique is beyond me.

Fair play to Dublin gaa for reviewing it more than croke park did when Michael Rice got his injury 2012.

intresting to see see cheddar taking over the village.I know they had niall rigney and pat critchley in recent years.I think rigney won a final with them.

intresting to see see cheddar taking over the village.I know they had niall rigney and pat critchley in recent years.I think rigney won a final with them.[/QUO

2011 Rigney won a final with them, wouldn't you think with the size of the club they wouldn't have to go outside the county.

maurice aylward going to thomastown i think

Watched boden train in abnotstoqn this evening.all very sedate.light run out and in for a chat.

Watched boden train in abnotstoqn this evening.all very sedate.light run out and in for a chat.
    i think the shamrocks should win but they have conceded 6 goals in the last two matches which has to a concern but if its a shootout id fancy them as they have serious firepower.Adrian mullen is in with the seniors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Ffs. Boro v loughs U21 is on in Freshford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

Good win by Dunnamaggan by 3-17 to 1-11. Ronan Coffey scored 2-5, John Fitzpatrick 1-3. Noel Hickey still playing well. I would like to see Coffey in training with the KK seniors, he has great pace, probably needs to improve his striking off his right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

A late Aaron Brennan goal gave Graigue Ballycallan a flattering 8 point winning margin of victory. Sean Ryan was best scoring about 4 points and setting up a goal for Eddie Brennan. I think Sean Ryan will make the County team in a couple of years when he fills out a bit, very impressive. Aaron Brennan did well, disappointed with Billy Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bamayang

blackcard wrote: »
    A late Aaron Brennan goal gave Graigue Ballycallan a flattering 8 point winning margin of victory. Sean Ryan was best scoring about 4 points and setting up a goal for Eddie Brennan. I think Sean Ryan will make the County team in a couple of years when he fills out a bit, very impressive. Aaron Brennan did well, disappointed with Billy Ryan

Brennan was very good. Billy was well held by number 7 in second half, but thought he was immense in first half. Sprayed an amount of ball into forward line in first half. He’s a great man to pick a ball and go at top speed. A real sign to me that he is going to be a serious inter county hurler is just how casually confident he is at club level. Doesn’t seem to waste any balls any more.
    Ballycallan very lucky tho, under the cosh for 15-20 minutes in second half when Portlaoise seemed to waste an amount of chances.

2 up 1 to go.

billy was man marked faitly well especially in the 2nd half.I thought sean ryan was a very good minor and i thought he was going to be a better prospect than his brother but billy has great potential.Great for eddie and lads like ciarian hoyne.Oranmore and the cork champs look very good not sure who they plsy next but its great for them.Also well done to dunnamaggin i heard today michael cody called into the seniors also.

Where were they training.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Where were they training.

I think he meant Abbotstown.

Yes abbitstown fruday night.

• Advertisement

Well done to our three kilkenny clubs in there leinster finals this weekend enjoy the Christmas ye deserve the break.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement