Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

greenspurs wrote: »
    minty81 wrote: »
    One decision I only noticed now having watched the game back was in 69th minute with teams level, TJ is in possession in centre of the pitch, theres a grab of his jersey which twists him back to facing his own goal, only now i see in the background james mcgrath with his arm in the air giving the advantage. The play goes on and morrissey gets the wonder point about 30 seconds later. How anyone can see an advantage where you're facing your own goal with 3 opponents right on top of you!

Whats your point ?
    That is was great refereeing that he gave the advantage, and it resulted in a score?
    Or , that you only noticed it now ?
    Or that it was a bad decision cos, TJ couldn't see him (we don't know if he could or not?)
    Could you see/hear James McGrath shouting/telling Tj that there is an advantage being played?
    The ref only has to indicate that there is an advantage being played, and if he wants to tell/shout to the player involved , it is up to the ref.

My point is it was a poor call by Mcgrath, thats all. A player is turned towards is own goal with 3 players around him and no advantage accrued so it was a poor call not to call the play back and give kk the free.
    That ok bud?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

minty81 wrote: »
    My point is it was a poor call by Mcgrath, thats all. A player is turned towards is own goal with 3 players around him and no advantage accrued so it was a poor call not to call the play back and give kk the free.
    That ok bud?

Well thanks for the clarification bud.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Village87 wrote: »
    brookville wrote: »
    do we know yet who our captain will be next year?

Colin Fennelly is rumoured
    TJ captain in 2010, Colin in 2013 so I'd imagine it's TJ's turn

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

I see Ger Aylward has injured his hand (source Ger’s Instagram). Poor lad tough start to the year for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

I see Ger Aylward has injured his hand (source Ger’s Instagram). Poor lad tough start to the year for him.
    is it serious?last thing he wanted.he really needs a good run at things if he is to nail down a position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

is it serious?last thing he wanted.he really needs a good run at things if he is to nail down a position.

Looks like damage to one of the bones in one of his fingers...the joint closest to the nail. Not sure if serious

so with the walsh cup starting sunday week what kinda team would we like to see?it will probably be ourselves,dublin,wex and galway.Is it an open draw then?hopefully see a few fresh faces,so for the laugh the kinda team id like to see.Granted i dont know who exactly is in but if conor doheny is in id like to see him tried corner back.
    brennan.
    wallace,lawlor,deegan
    morrisey,delaney,browne
    maher,leahy
    donnelly,blanch,mossy
    scanlon,kevin kelly,alan murphy
    looking at that team we'll probably need a wally or hogan for scores and guide the younger lads.
    its unfortunate aylward is injured as he needs a good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

My walsh cup team.
    Brennan
    Paul murphy lawlor deegan
    Morrisey delaney browne
    Leahy maher
    Donnelly richie mossy
    Kelly walter scanlon

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Nedflanders02

I heard the seniors played Cusendall last Sunday in a challenge match, does anyone have any details of how they lined out? The only bits I heard about it was that Ciaran Wallace played corner back and Huw Lawlor was full back.

The team I'd go with for the Walsh cup would be:
    Brennan,
    Wallace, Lawlor, Deegan
    Cleere, Delaney, Browne
    Maher, R Hogan,
    Mossy, Donnelly, Leahy
    Sheehan, Kelly, Scanlon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

None of the above teams would break eggs

• Advertisement

he started 9 of the above lads at different stages during the summer surely there good enough to play walsh cup.it was only a bit of a laugh naming a team.Personally id perfer to see lawlor or wallace tried instead of lennon or conor o shea at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Whilst that may be true, I don't think they (the above teams) need to be able to break eggs. The younger less experienced players need game time in the Walsh Cup. That's the main objective imo.

From 8 to 15 what are we going to learn from any of the teams named above . We know them all , we have seen them all and as said no combination of them would break eggs. It is a waste of the Walsh cup to go with any of these combinations. Give some one new a shout, that is what the Walsh cup is about or at least should be about.

From 8 to 15 what are we going to learn from any of the teams named above . We know them all , we have seen them all and as said no combination of them would break eggs. It is a waste of the Walsh cup to go with any of these combinations. Give some one new a shout, that is what the Walsh cup is about or at least should be about.
    i do agree they look weak enough but these young lads will hopefully improve with game time and getting experience .id perfer not to see hogan at this stage of the year.Just out of curiosity what kinda team would you like to see?

i do agree they look weak enough but these young lads will hopefully improve with game time and getting experience .id perfer not to see hogan at this stage of the year.Just out of curiosity what kinda team would you like to see?

I do not know enough about the local scene to offer any alternatives but there are many here who do know the local scene intimatly and would know of some relatively unknown worth at least a look see.We have the league to reintroduce the knowns

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

All young lads are gonna look weak early in there careers before they develop, this is where we need to experiment and find alternatives and get the young ones blooded and around the current players to give confidence and gain experience especially at the back and with the lack of scoring forwards last year. One of the reasons last year was we had no alternatives or plan b

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Surely all the teams named are mostly young and need the guidanxe of a few experienced players.richie needs a good injury free pre season and also we cant pick any shamrocks grauige or dunamahhin players in those teams.

I do not know enough about the local scene to offer any alternatives but there are many here who do know the local scene intimatly and would know of some relatively unknown worth at least a look see.We have the league to reintroduce the knowns
    thats a fair point hopefully we will see a few newcomers not concerned bout the result.i try get to a lot of club matches and as said here 2 lads who i thought had good club campaigns were bolger and walsh but he had them last year and they oviously havent got what he wants.
    another problem is we haven't got a list of lads who are in we're just hearing bits of pieces so its hard to guess a team but from what i heard the panel is forty something,a good few from last years u21 panel and kenny,nolan robbie fitz from the boro,brassil is lively and tommy walsh looks good.These are good young lads and will need a few years to devolp and be ready for intercounty.
    the ballyhale lads in praticluar will be a loss for the league but i would like to see adrian getting a run he could be a huge addition to our fowards because his able to score and will have experience hurling with tj and colin.im also hoping kelly gets a good run of things this year and takes leadership like he does for his club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

These pre season matches shouldn't be going ahead the gaa flogging the player more the teams were mentioned I would go with them. I was listening to Leo Cullen leinster coach the other day about giving players rest time some people on here reckon players should be on call 365 days of the year.

Management team from Freshford were giving the boot earlier in the year. Tullaroan have made some errors on the line which I feel is why they are still Intermediate. The mullens were mentioned, we can see what they they do when they out here mind to it, this time last year it was questioned would they hurl for the Shamrocks again.
    Richie Reid has played in the goal, half back line , centre field, had forward line and full forward line for kk, hasn't done much in either, players like Bolger and Walsh were released which is a big call for inside men we badly need.

Michael Carey has been called into the panel on what basis, reputation ? Unfair on a lot of lads not called who hurled excellently all year.

Ger Aylward is a topic of conversation for his off the field antics when players over the last 15 years were ignored or dropped if they did similar.
    Only for Eoin Murphy and Padriag Walsh the backs could concede 3+ goals a game, that's where Joey Holden probably was mentioned. Critical analysis lads sorry don't throw the prams out.

As mentioned before KK 5/6 excellent players as good as any team over last 20 years but carrying an awful lot. Lads like Leahy could be real stars this year, here is to hoping a few more materialise

The Freshford players had nothing to do with the removal of the management team, it was actually a member of last years management team was the main instigator in that like he was when a player had a family funeral he made a remark about that. As regards M Carey the best of luck to himself and the Mullens if they make it they wont encourgement not been put down, as regards Ger Aylward people will talk and the irish are very good at putting down there own.

• Advertisement

agreed but thats the way things are going/gone.After all the talk bout player welfare and fitting matches into the same year we have pre season starting in December.I know of neighbouring counties back club training this week.

agreed but thats the way things are going/gone.After all the talk bout player welfare and fitting matches into the same year we have pre season starting in December.I know of neighbouring counties back club training this week.

It will not last people will not put up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob2015

I see kk down to play wexford in wexford park next Sunday the 13th at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Village87

jimbob2015 wrote: »

Interesting few weeks to see how we cope without TJ. He was out of this world in the league last year. He was curtailed a bit in the championship but still excellent but Kilkenny really struggled in games where he has quiet spells. He takes such looking after it frees up other forwards too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

What is your team?

Interesting few weeks to see how we cope without TJ. He was out of this world in the league last year. He was curtailed a bit in the championship but still excellent but Kilkenny really struggled in games where he has quiet spells. He takes such looking after it frees up other forwards too

Its up to players to push on the likes of liam Blanchfield and others players like M Carey will show his mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Heard this evening that the game will be played in Enniscorthy and not Wexford Park.

dobbs2210 wrote: »

Heard this evening that the game will be played in Enniscorthy and not Wexford Park.
    yea id imagine county grounds will be trying to have pitches right for the league in a few weeks.Looking foward to things starting again.i expect him to mix the team up with regulars like muphy,walsh,fogarty,maher,wally,deeganand hopefully a few new lads like wallace and lawlor are blended in and kevin kelly gets a good pre season.

blackcard wrote: »
    What is your team?

As said before I do not have enough knowledge of the local scene to suggest alternatives however there are those here who do have that knowledge. My point is from 8 to 15 on the suggested teams there is not one player whom we have not seen in the county senior jersey so why not try a few whom we have not yet seen.That all three of our county champion club players are tied up is even more reason to spread the net. I am sure most people here can suggest one such player who may be worth a look at. It could very well be some one already called into the panel or a complete outsider. In all honesty how many of the 8 to ten players on the suggested teams will actually make the grade. I suspect less than 50% the one major exception being James Maher.

• Advertisement

As said before I do not have enough knowledge of the local scene to suggest alternatives however there are those here who do have that knowledge. My point is from 8 to 15 on the suggested teams there is not one player whom we have not seen in the county senior jersey so why not try a few whom we have not yet seen.That all three of our county champion club players are tied up is even more reason to spread the net. I am sure most people here can suggest one such player who may be worth a look at. It could very well be some one already called into the panel or a complete outsider. In all honesty how many of the 8 to ten players on the suggested teams will actually make the grade. I suspect less than 50% the one major exception being James Maher.

Are you thinking of making a comeback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement