Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Village87

I personally don't think the GAA have lost respect for the club, they've just created a monster with the intercounty game that they can't control. The whole thing just needs a major overhaul.

Scrap the preseason competitions and the league, make the provincial championships the preseason comps and turn the championship into an open draw league/championship of 12 teams and work it like the Kilkenny club league/championship.

Job done.

Yeah I agree fully.
    Way too many matches.walsh cup has to go. Cody is usually not one to give out about structures or make excuses but he is very critical of the current structure.
    With a panel of near 50 lads it is reduced to almost 30 for Jan and Feb with the 7 ballyhale lads and 12 Fitzgibbon players. This is a great chance for squad players to step up and make an impression. Hopefully the panel is big enough to facilitate all players and competitions without burn out being an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Do you think the munster council will let there championship go ,I doubt it when they wouldn't let one of there counties play there home matches in a leinster county while there pitch is been re developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

best of luck to tj who has being nominated as captain for kilkenny this year.

The best of luck to the two clubs who are representing the county in the junior, intermediate all Ireland semi finals this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Great to see TJ lead the team. Hopefully we will see him back in the black and amber soon and give 100% to the cause

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I personally don't think the GAA have lost respect for the club, they've just created a monster with the intercounty game that they can't control. The whole thing just needs a major overhaul.

Scrap the preseason competitions and the league, make the provincial championships the preseason comps and turn the championship into an open draw league/championship of 12 teams and work it like the Kilkenny club league/championship.

Job done.
    I wouldnt scrap the league or turn provincial competitions into pre season games. Simply dont have tournaments for pre season competitions. Let counties just play friendlies. Start inter county league in March play 2 rounds in March, April, May, June with no finals and then have a knock out provincial cup with 1/2 round in each May and June then an all ireland knock out cup in July and August. That would be 14/15 games max and finished early
    Village87 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree fully.
    Way too many matches.walsh cup has to go. Cody is usually not one to give out about structures or make excuses but he is very critical of the current structure.
    With a panel of near 50 lads it is reduced to almost 30 for Jan and Feb with the 7 ballyhale lads and 12 Fitzgibbon players. This is a great chance for squad players to step up and make an impression. Hopefully the panel is big enough to facilitate all players and competitions without burn out being an issue.
    There isnt too many matches. There's too many matches at the wrong time of year
    Joe Daly wrote: »
    Do you think the munster council will let there championship go ,I doubt it when they wouldn't let one of there counties play there home matches in a leinster county while there pitch is been re developed.
    Why would they or should they? It would be crazy for them and the counties to do so.

Great to see TJ lead the team. Hopefully we will see him back in the black and amber soon and give 100% to the cause

He does not give 100% for club and county the man gives 200%. The best of luck for 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    i wonder will it be 15 if purchased before sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

First time in years I havent renewed season ticket.has increased year on year in the last few years

• Advertisement

Its the public are going to be screwed for that fiasco of a stadium in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Joe Daly wrote: »
    He does not give 100% for club and county the man gives 200%. The best of luck for 2019

i just hope there are less "distractions" this year. that is all....

What distractions are you talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

How will Dunnamaggin do tomorrow lads?

Darragh Fitzgibbon a serious hurler.

Only finding that out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Are dunnamaggin a good bet at 8/13 today?

serious hurler is right.Cograts to them yesterday and hard luck to our representatives.It has being a great year for ballycallan and it was always going to be difficult yesterday but i think gbc will hold their own at senior level.They have a few injured lads to get back and have some very good young talent.

brookville wrote: »
    serious hurler is right.Cograts to them yesterday and hard luck to our representatives.It has being a great year for ballycallan and it was always going to be difficult yesterday but i think gbc will hold their own at senior level.They have a few injured lads to get back and have some very good young talent.

Good team. They could win a senior n the next 6/7 years

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Congrats to Dunnamaggin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

His pace and ability to score off either side at lighting speed is frightening

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

conor05 wrote: »
    His pace and ability to score off either side at lighting speed is frightening

Type of hurler that we in Kilkenny are crying out for but are just not there at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Richie Leahy is that type of player. Not as good as Fitzgibbon right now but give him a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Richie Leahy is that type of player. Not as good as Fitzgibbon right now but give him a chance

I hope your right. He is a very skillful player alright

Leahy has incredible potential, he should be left to hurl midfield and settle in there over the league. Last year he was starting, taken off, wing forward, midfield, an impact sub. Let the lad settle in like Cork have done with their young stars

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

A good win for our Senior camogie team yesterday Vs Clare in Callan.
    Very cold day, with a long grass made for a poor enough game, but also considering those two factors and the fact that it was the first game of the League, 1-09 to 0-07 , its a case of "job done'

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Are the club draws tonight, this will be interesting. Great that there are 3 games taking place before June

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

greenspurs wrote: »
    A good win for our Senior camogie team yesterday Vs Cork in Callan.
    '

That was Clare and not Cork!!

Are the club draws tonight, this will be interesting. Great that there are 3 games taking place before June
    yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

What a load of bullsh!T and that kind of personal talk and digs at any player on a public forum really annoys me. Anyone who knows hurling will know that TJ's preparation and commitment to the sport is second to none. At the end of the day it an amateur sport with a professional training approach but players are entitled to a life outside of GAA so any other interests or 'distractions' that you refer to are completely irrelevant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement