Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Yikes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

no mossy,hogan or wally.
    its good to see him trying a few things tommy walsh and lawlor deserve their run.Id be concerned about our attack again and not much on the bench in that department.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

I agree with lawlor and Walsh would liked to have seen cleere get a run but it's good to see Kelly back, given the clubs in the finals and the fitzgibbon lads it actually looks a decent basis for a team to gel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

I'm really really hoping that with that full forward line named we have a plan and we're not just going route 1 because if we are then it's going to be a long day. Cork have named Aidan Walsh full forward so Lawlor will be tested physically anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

No Fitzgibbon players starting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

I'm really really hoping that with that full forward line named we have a plan and we're not just going route 1 because if we are then it's going to be a long day. Cork have named Aidan Walsh full forward so Lawlor will be tested physically anyway

Big match for Luke Scanlon. After getting plenty of chances now. Hopefully he can step up durin the league. If not he might not get any more chances

Very strange to see Ger Aylward named centre forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

blackcard wrote: »
    No Fitzgibbon players starting?

Is John Donnelly not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Is John Donnelly not one.

And Conor Delaney

And Conor Delaney

Tommy Walsh and Billy Ryan too

• Advertisement

Only the 4 so?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

blackcard wrote: »
    Only the 4 so?

And most of the subs

And most of the subs

I don’t think Cork are playing any of there Fitzgibbon players going by th team. Also no Hernefy, Lehane, Cadogen either. Very much under strength Cork team

anyone know whats wrong with richie?i think 1-9 we'll be ok but the fowards need a tj or wally to guide them but hopefully kelly and aylward can step up and show leadership.I wouldnt be as concerned bout the result once a few of the younger lads put in a good performance.this is going to be a big step up for tommy and huw so hopefully they go ok.
    last year we introduced leahy and donnelly and they made impacts at different stages so hopefully they can nail down spots and we find a few more players.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Agree with brookville above need someone to lead out the forwards. Probably why ger named at CF? They will certainly work hard enough and Kevin Kelly will probably score 10 frees just don't see enough else coming from them from play.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Agree with brookville above need someone to lead out the forwards. Probably why ger named at CF? They will certainly work hard enough and Kevin Kelly will probably score 10 frees just don't see enough else coming from them from play.
    interesting team.alot of players being given a chance.hopefully enough of them take the chance being given. On a different note bug win for the camogie today having being diwn by 1pt at half tine.held dublun scoreless 2nd half.

i heard cody today saying that richie picked up a slight knock during the week so wouldnt be risked the same with mossy playing fitzgibbon.walter groin issue and padraig should be back soon and buckley a few weeks away.
    best of luck to our lads tomor should be a big crowd.Hopefully huw goes well alot of eyes will be on him.Im glad his given these lads a chance hopefully lads wont be to critical sunday evening if these lads make mistakes they have to start somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

I'm predicting a Cork win on a scoreline of something like 0-20 to 0-15. It's hard to see any of the forwards scoring more than a point or maybe two from play, especially if the conditions are not so great.

Kelly will score 8 - 10, nearly all from frees, with probably one other forward getting two. A couple others will get one point. Fogarty will probably chip in with one, maybe Maher but that's about it.

I think performance matters more than result today. Lads need to show desire and work rate. If they can show it now then things will only get better as thge year moves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

With Billy Ryan and Ger Aylward there is a potential for goals. Hoping we can come out of today with a bit to spare. Don't think this cork side is up to much with lehane out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

I'm predicting a Cork win on a scoreline of something like 0-20 to 0-15. It's hard to see any of the forwards scoring more than a point or maybe two from play, especially if the conditions are not so great.

Kelly will score 8 - 10, nearly all from frees, with probably one other forward getting two. A couple others will get one point. Fogarty will probably chip in with one, maybe Maher but that's about it.

I think performance matters more than result today. Lads need to show desire and work rate. If they can show it now then things will only get better as thge year moves on.

Kilkenny might as well not bother turning up if that is really the best we can do. Six forwards not one capable of scoring from play so why really bother and no performance by the remaining nine can atone for that level of incompetence either so why bother at all if this is the prevailing opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Kilkenny might as well not bother turning up if that is really the best we can do. Six forwards not one capable of scoring from play so why really bother and no performance by the remaining nine can atone for that level of incompetence either so why bother at all if this is the prevailing opinion.

Ah here will you cool the jets. He's entitled to his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Great win. Only managed to listen on the radio but sounded like Degan was great..

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭blackwave

Great win. Only managed to listen on the radio but sounded like Degan was great..

Same here, delighted with the result as it was a young team hopefully Huw Lawlor can make FB his now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Only got to follow it on Twitter but seems like as good a start to the league as we could have wished for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Decent start to the league, all 6 backs played Well. Another cracking save from Eoin Murphy in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

me89 wrote: »
    Decent start to the league, all 6 backs played Well. Another cracking save from Eoin Murphy in the 2nd half.
    like others coukdnt get there today.would be great if someone could do up a report and give their view on the match.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Good win and great to see the new stand in the park packed, backs were solid out and margin could have been more if it wasn't for some bad wides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

First half was poor from both sides with Billy Ryan the only real threat up front for Kilkenny. Second half was all Kilkenny. Ryan was superb throughout, winning almost every ball in his direction, setting up the goal in the first half and scoring the other in the second half. John Donnelly was very good second half and Richie Leahy made a big impact when introduced near the end of the first half for Malone who went off injured.
    The defence was solid throughout although I thought Lawlor was in trouble against Walsh in the first half. Delaney, Paul Murphy, Deegan and Tommy Walsh can all be happy with their showing and as stated Eoin made his now customary outstanding save.
    In midfield Maher and Fogarty were good. The only performances that disappointed me were Aylward and Kelly. Aylward kept trying and did add a couple of scores so he probably just needs a few games under his belt. Kelly didn't really contribute at all from open play and missed a few handy frees at the start of the second half.
    Overall good performance and result but it has to be said I thought Cork were very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    First half was poor from both sides with Billy Ryan the only real threat up front for Kilkenny. Second half was all Kilkenny. Ryan was superb throughout, winning almost every ball in his direction, setting up the goal in the first half and scoring the other in the second half. John Donnelly was very good second half and Richie Leahy made a big impact when introduced near the end of the first half for Malone who went off injured.
    The defence was solid throughout although I thought Lawlor was in trouble against Walsh in the first half. Delaney, Paul Murphy, Deegan and Tommy Walsh can all be happy with their showing and as stated Eoin made his now customary outstanding save.
    In midfield Maher and Fogarty were good. The only performances that disappointed me were Aylward and Kelly. Aylward kept trying and did add a couple of scores so he probably just needs a few games under his belt. Kelly didn't really contribute at all from open play and missed a few handy frees at the start of the second half.
    Overall good performance and result but it has to be said I thought Cork were very poor.

Oh forgot Scanlon although given his contribution that is understandable, did very little apart from a few minutes in the second half.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement