Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Thanks robwen for spotting my error! Apologies everyone :o
    robwen wrote: »
    Looked it up the above score/ post is incorrect should be 2-19 to 0-12, a 13 point defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bamayang

While Kevin Kelly will hopefully get a few more chances, and take them. He did look a little fearful of going into the mix with Cahalane at full back the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

bamayang wrote: »
    While Kevin Kelly will hopefully get a few more chances, and take them. He did look a little fearful of going into the mix with Cahalane at full back the last day.

Kelly offered nothing from play but his movement off the ball made space for Billy to create havoc in the full back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Colin Fennelly gave a very honest interview on Off The Ball today, doesn't paint the Army in a good light.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Colin Fennelly gave a very honest interview on Off The Ball today, doesn't paint the Army in a good light.

Must give it a listen, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

https://twitter.com/gaaclare/status/1091112892848660482?s=21

Tony Kelly red card upheld. Big loss for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Surprising decision, was never a red in the first place imho. If that is the definition of a red card now we can expect a lot more in the league. The thing is, we all know it will never be a red come July/August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Hard man Maher went down like a sack of spuds.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Surprising decision, was never a red in the first place imho. If that is the definition of a red card now we can expect a lot more in the league. The thing is, we all know it will never be a red come July/August.

It was never a red card. It was a clumsy tackle that merited a yellow card at most. But because of the new directives from HQ it now warrants a red card. And the CHC were never going to rescind the red card because of those new directives either.
    Joe Daly wrote: »
    Hard man Maher went down like a sack of spuds.

No better man than Paudie Maher for going down easily after a tackle. Like he's an absolutely fantastic hurler and he would walk on to the KK team but I wish he would knock that shít off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I'm no defender of the Army or anything but given how his army career could have ended, you'd think he'd have the brains to be a bit smarter and just say nothing about it. He'll have no friends in those ranks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I'm no defender of the Army or anything but given how his army career could have ended, you'd think he'd have the brains to be a bit smarter and just say nothing about it. He'll have no friends in those ranks now.

I'm surprised there's no clause in their contracts forbidding such discussion. It made for a great interview though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Village87

He is mad. Fair play to him, speaking out against the army is big no-no. Punishment in other countries for such antics.

I remember an Intercounty game played last year. Henry was doing analysis at half time for RTE and was praising the heroes of the irish army to be able to display such skills while defending our country.
    Colin is after shedding some light on that :D. Im sure his ex colleges wont be happy after spilling the beans on how they do nothing alll day everyday.

He didn't like the army he was lucky he was on a tour of duty that was quiet they don't always be some soldiers back through the years were not as fortunate. I suppose he wouldn't have getting into the army only because of his sporting career it kept him until construction got going again , I wonder if he went for a job interview in the morning the people ask him what would his loyalty to the firm be if he is capable of criticising the Irish army what company would take the risk with him. Ireland is a small country you always leave a place of employment on good terms.

vs Clare
    E Murphy
    P Murphy, H Lawlor, T Walsh
    C Delaney, P Deegan, E Morrissey
    J Maher, C Fogarty
    J Donnelly, G Aylward, M Keoghan
    B Ryan, K Kelly, R Leahy
    Subs
    D Brennan
    R Lennon
    C O'Shea
    P Walsh
    C Browne
    J Cleere
    G Malone
    L Scanlon
    L Blanchfield
    P Lyng
    C Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

vs Clare
    E Murphy
    P Murphy, H Lawlor, T Walsh
    C Delaney, P Deegan, E Morrissey
    J Maher, C Fogarty
    J Donnelly, G Aylward, M Keoghan
    B Ryan, K Kelly, R Leahy
    Subs
    D Brennan
    R Lennon
    C O'Shea
    P Walsh
    C Browne
    J Cleere
    G Malone
    L Scanlon
    L Blanchfield
    P Lyng
    C Martin
    scanlon and ger malone lose out.Scanlon has found the last 2 matches tough he is probably better suited to coming on and also better on a drier sod.Intrestly he started leahy against clare corner foward last year and he along few subs changed that match when he came out.I dont think his going to work at corner foward but he'd like to mould him into a wing foward.
    No walter or hogan back despite he saying they were ready.
    its going to be hard get a result in ennis but hopefully our lads go well and we can build a solid squad for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

brookville wrote: »
    scanlon and ger malone lose out.Scanlon has found the last 2 matches tough he is probably better suited to coming on and also better on a drier sod.Intrestly he started leahy against clare corner foward last year and he along few subs changed that match when he came out.I dont think his going to work at corner foward but he'd like to mould him into a wing foward.
    No walter or hogan back despite he saying they were ready.
    its going to be hard get a result in ennis but hopefully our lads go well and we can build a solid squad for the summer.
    bar padraig the bench looks week though geluege connir browne was good when he xame on last week.looking forward to travelling down on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Good to see Ger Malone able to make the bench. He looked in a bad way when he came off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Good to see Ger Malone able to make the bench. He looked in a bad way when he came off.
    yea i heard he came back out with the subs for the secound half.He was out cold he was going well before going off hopefully he will get another chance.
    Sunday will be a step up clare will be hurting after last weekend and podge,colm galvin and these lads will be a good test or conlon on huw lawlor.
    most of the subs are on the panel a few years and have experience a few of them need to kick on and nail down a position.

yea i heard he came back out with the subs for the secound half.He was out cold he was going well before going of hopefullt he will get another chance.

He walked back into the dressing room on his own ten minutes after been carried off.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭suirway

Wouldn't be surprised to see Leahy wing, Ger Aylward corner & Keoghan centre forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Clare usually drop a forward back around the middle third so I'd assume Leahy named in the corner to drop back to the middle third himself

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

minty81 wrote: »
    Clare usually drop a forward back around the middle third so I'd assume Leahy named in the corner to drop back to the middle third himself

Yeah, I'd say Leahy will play in middle third - suits him there making runs from deep and tipping over a few points..hopefully. Good to see Pádraig on bench.

Clare need a big game so it'll be a good challenge. Be good to push on after last weeks win in NP. Podge Collins will float about from 11 so someone needs to hold middle and make sure one the the midfielders pick him up is he drops out a bit.

Really hoping from a strong start especially away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 peakedatU12

Anyone know the story with Cillian Buckley? Is he due back anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Are we in any danger of losing the game to the weather?

Anyone know the story with Cillian Buckley? Is he due back anytime soon?

As far as I know Buckley had minor surgery 7 weeks ago or so. TBH it's an injury that never really heals and the surgery is more in hope than expectation from what I've heard. I'd expect Buckley to be able to play come Championship but in the longer term he's career could be limited to the next few years, hopefully I'm wrong but I have the same issue myself in both knees and it goes away with a lot of rest but comes back very quickly once you start running again, especially on hard ground like we had last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Cody has not learnt lessons from Ennis two years ago. Kilkenny can't cope with Clare movement

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Subs have improved our fortunes

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

Really poor the Puck out strategy is awful, the team looks leggy no speed or movement. Aylward has played well and conlon is a joy to watch kilkenny can't contest a high ball anywhere bullied out of it. Kevin Kelly is nowhere May's well have played with 14 and is an average free taker how players like him and Martin are picked over bolger is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Great call there to spot Tommy Walsh’s hurl grabbing Podge Collin’s arm.

Mother of God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Garyp88 wrote: »
    Really poor the Puck out strategy is awful, the team looks leggy no speed or movement. Aylward has played well and conlon is a joy to watch kilkenny can't contest a high ball anywhere bullied out of it. Kevin Kelly is nowhere May's well have played with 14 and is an average free taker how players like him and Martin are picked over bolger is beyond me

Personally thought Kelly was much better today. 1-11 from frees and you call him an average free taker!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement