Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfield Leixlip

• 28-05-2018 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

We put down a deposit on one of the houses over the weekend and wondering if anyone else has bought in the estate?

What has been peoples experience dealing with the agents/builders?
    Has anyone looked into making changes to the kitchen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bbinfo

RCL173 wrote: »
    We put down a deposit on one of the houses over the weekend and wondering if anyone else has bought in the estate?

What has been peoples experience dealing with the agents/builders?
    Has anyone looked into making changes to the kitchen?

Also put down deposit- beautiful houses. Very impressed with them. I’d also like to hear from anyone regarding above.... and on thoughts re pylons around the estate....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I looked at these houses with our daughter who is upsizing. Lovely finish on the shophouse and especially liked the high ceilings. We disappointed with the size of the gardens and the kitchen quality - at the price they are asking you would expect better than cheap wrapped kitchen units and, according to the salesperson there is no facility to upgrade to solid door units. I liked the solid room doors downstairs (as distinct from the hollow type) and was told by the salesperson in the shophouse that these are standard, however the guy in the office with the site map taking deposits seemed surprised by this and said he would get back to me - I'm still waiting!

WRT the pylons, which aren't going to move, I wouldn't consider a house within 100 meters of them and preferably twice that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RCL173

Rosahane wrote: »
    I looked at these houses with our daughter who is upsizing. Lovely finish on the shophouse and especially liked the high ceilings. We disappointed with the size of the gardens and the kitchen quality - at the price they are asking you would expect better than cheap wrapped kitchen units and, according to the salesperson there is no facility to upgrade to solid door units. I liked the solid room doors downstairs (as distinct from the hollow type) and was told by the salesperson in the shophouse that these are standard, however the guy in the office with the site map taking deposits seemed surprised by this and said he would get back to me - I'm still waiting!

WRT the pylons, which aren't going to move, I wouldn't consider a house within 100 meters of them and preferably twice that!

Ya we were told the doors as per the show house were standard as well. The guy in the sales office told me the heated towel rails in the bathroom weren’t included and I asked him to confirm with the builder and turns out they are included. I feel like the sales agents should know all this, I was being told different things by different agents.

Ya we were told the doors as per the show house were standard as well. The guy in the sales office told me the heated towel rails in the bathroom weren’t included and I asked him to confirm with the builder and turns out they are included. I feel like the sales agents should know all this, I was being told different things by different agents.

Yes I agree - we were told completion date nov/ dec on sat and then it moved to jan /feb on Monday.

Good to know on towel rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 white rhino

Re the pylon, I have read a number of reports. Eirgrid claim to keep the EMFs at a safe level so it should be fine if you believe them. If you were to believe the negative reports then Westfield full stop would be a no go. Personally I think they are fine from health perspective but not visually great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I'd be more confident of the high quality doors being standard had they been fitted in all the showhouses whereas they weren't in the side entry showhouse that was being used as the sales office. That was what prompted me to ask.

Rosahane wrote: »
    I'd be more confident of the high quality doors being standard had they been fitted in all the showhouses whereas they weren't in the side entry showhouse that was being used as the sales office. That was what prompted me to ask.

Oh really? Didn’t see that. I might see can I get a contact for the builders and ask for a list of what is included, cause there’s a difference between the website, the brochure and then what the agents say in terms of what is included. I was told shower fittings aren’t included but in the new brochure it says they.

Oh really? Didn’t see that. I might see can I get a contact for the builders and ask for a list of what is included, cause there’s a difference between the website, the brochure and then what the agents say in terms of what is included. I was told shower fittings aren’t included but in the new brochure it says they.

I spotted yesterday the different house and driveway that’s in the brochure to the show house I’d seen. Furthermore The plan for this is different between the website and brochure and neither of these plans have the same entrance as the showhouse...

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

Bbinfo wrote: »
    I spotted yesterday the different house and driveway that’s in the brochure to the show house I’d seen. Furthermore The plan for this is different between the website and brochure and neither of these plans have the same entrance as the showhouse...

where did you get the new brochures from?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

Are the doors in the show house different from what they are selling?

Are the doors in the house sold different and only hollowcore doors?

My understanding is bedroom doors and habitable rooms should be FR doors under building control in the UK id assume it is the same rules in Ireland?

Anyone know who the builder is?

• Advertisement

mickey15ie wrote: »

They had them at the viewing- there is a new house type in them.

They had them at the viewing- there is a new house type in them.

Are the doors in the show house different from what they are selling?

Are the doors in the house sold different and only hollowcore doors?

My understanding is bedroom doors and habitable rooms should be FR doors under building control in the UK id assume it is the same rules in Ireland?

Anyone know who the builder is?

The agent told me Killross Properties are the builders as well as the developers

I spoke with the agent today and she confirmed the doors are as per the show house and not the sales office. Also shower fittings are included which I was told originally weren’t.
    There should be an inventory list in the contracts when they are issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 heksa78

For any of you who haven't made their decision yet we will be putting up our lovely house for sale soon. It is the 2nd estate down from Westfield no phylons, lovely garden, cul de sac area. House fully rennovated and extended to 5 bed (attic conversion) huge south facing garden and playhouse for kids. C1 rated with CCTV, new windows, kitchen and modern bathrooms. For more info pls send me PM.
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 3 esker075

Has anyone had to meet up with the tiler to pick their tiles in BTW as yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawlor_j

Hi has anyone moved into westfield yet. I gave put a deposit down about 8 weeks ago but having a few doubts now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

lawlor_j wrote: »
    Hi has anyone moved into westfield yet. I gave put a deposit down about 8 weeks ago but having a few doubts now.

Anything in particular stoking these doubts? Might be able to put your mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawlor_j

Hi thanks just so nervous that it will all be first times buyers no familes plus as i have two boys 10 and 4 ... i am also coming from a new Estate that i bought in 2004 in lucan that has just become over run with rental and they just dont look after there homes like owners do nervous that could happen again would a older estate be better for me.

I have bought the three bed semi but feel also ita very expesive have you moved in yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

lawlor_j wrote: »
    Hi thanks just so nervous that it will all be first times buyers no familes plus as i have two boys 10 and 4 ... i am also coming from a new Estate that i bought in 2004 in lucan that has just become over run with rental and they just dont look after there homes like owners do nervous that could happen again would a older estate be better for me.

I have bought the three bed semi but feel also ita very expesive have you moved in yet?

Hey I didn't buy there but I did have a deposit down across the road in beechpark but ended up buying elsewhere. I know those buyer fears though and how awful it can be.

In beechpark across the road there seems to be lots of young families so there will definitely be other children around for your kids to play with.

While they are pricey you have to see if you can afford the payments. Presumably you are buying with a mortgage so the bank have done some assessment of your ability to pay and are happy.

The price would also work in your favor as the margins for a landlord might not be there for the estate. In beechpark the house I was actually going to buy was recently bought by a landlord who had it up for 2k. I wouldn't think there's much demand at that price in leixlip.

At the end of the day you just have to chance it if you think it's the right move for you. The houses are lovely and I'm sure you'll be very happy there if you do decide on it. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 TC.223

Hi all,

Just looking for some information from the residents currently living in Westfield.
    We're on the verge of buying a home there, the only thing putting us off is the pylons/cables.

We have done a lot of research online and found a lot of contradictory information regarding the pylons. Our home should we continue with the purchase would be at closest 120m approx from the closest overhead cables.

Has anyone else had the same concerns? As far as I can determine on Eirgrid the voltage these cables carry is 110kV so the EMF levels are not as high as others. Has anyone found any concrete information on this? It's the only concern we have about buying a home there, apart from the pylons its a beautiful area.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RebeccaOC

Hi there. Did you end up buying a house in this estate? We have put our deposit down on one of the 5 beds, on the Avenue, right in front of the cables.
    Trying to decide if we can live with looking at the pylon and cables everyday so that we can have a beautiful home. It is a tough decision!
    Any advice would be helpful

TC.223 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just looking for some information from the residents currently living in Westfield.
    We're on the verge of buying a home there, the only thing putting us off is the pylons/cables.

We have done a lot of research online and found a lot of contradictory information regarding the pylons. Our home should we continue with the purchase would be at closest 120m approx from the closest overhead cables.

Has anyone else had the same concerns? As far as I can determine on Eirgrid the voltage these cables carry is 110kV so the EMF levels are not as high as others. Has anyone found any concrete information on this? It's the only concern we have about buying a home there, apart from the pylons its a beautiful area.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aroc123

I am very interested in purchasing one of the houses in Westfield. Very impressed with the area and the houses are lovely! Only thing I have my reservations about are the close proximity of the pylons and electrical wires. Has anyone who has bought here looked into them further with regards to safe distance? Not so much concerned with the look of them...Just the health risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RebeccaOC

aroc123 wrote: »
    I am very interested in purchasing one of the houses in Westfield. Very impressed with the area and the houses are lovely! Only thing I have my reservations about are the close proximity of the pylons and electrical wires. Has anyone who has bought here looked into them further with regards to safe distance? Not so much concerned with the look of them...Just the health risks.

Hello! I’ve purchased one of the houses in the development on the Avenue, just at the green in the centre. We bought an EMF reader online (before signing the contracts to put our minds at ease) and the houses at the green on the avenue don’t register any worrying levels of radiation. If you’re looking further back in the development you’re totally fine. Go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭buffalo

RebeccaOC wrote: »
    Hello! I’ve purchased one of the houses in the development on the Avenue, just at the green in the centre. We bought an EMF reader online (before signing the contracts to put our minds at ease) and the houses at the green on the avenue don’t register any worrying levels of radiation. If you’re looking further back in the development you’re totally fine. Go for it!

Likewise, we have the cables running out the front of our house. An EMF reader showed nothing significantly different from our previous home (which is nowhere near any pylons or lines).

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Most of Europe have banned homes being built beside pylons. I wouldn't for 2 reasons, health concerns first and secondly concerns around property resale

• Registered Users Posts: 25 maon04

From EirGrid website:
    Since 2006, EirGrid has operated and developed the national high voltage electricity grid in Ireland. EirGrid is a state-owned company. EirGrid is independent from ESB. We operate the flow of power on the grid and plan for its future, while ESB networks is responsible for carrying out maintenance, repairs and construction on the grid.

More information about pylons below:

https://www.eirgridgroup.com/about/health-and-safety/

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

maon04 wrote: »
    From EirGrid website:
    Since 2006, EirGrid has operated and developed the national high voltage electricity grid in Ireland. EirGrid is a state-owned company. EirGrid is independent from ESB. We operate the flow of power on the grid and plan for its future, while ESB networks is responsible for carrying out maintenance, repairs and construction on the grid.

More information about pylons below:

https://www.eirgridgroup.com/about/health-and-safety/

PERCEPTION = VALUE when selling a house beside pylons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭buffalo

PERCEPTION = VALUE when selling a house beside pylons

What happened to the link to the unpublished study that was described as implausible?

I also don't understand why you would post in an 18 month old thread in the first place?

Advertisement