Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coolant expansion vessel replacement for 96 Ducato

• 28-05-2018 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭

I am looking for a replacement expansion vessel as mine has a fracture and is leaking.
    I tried the local motor factors, no joy so far
    ill post a photo,my mechanic put a second hand one in on my last service, afaik it may be from a RHD model
    Any suggestions ?
    T

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Is there somthing wrong with the replacement of are you just making work for yourself :D

Are you looking for LHD or RHD one . There are different part numbers depending on the engine which one is yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

Ha, no the one replaced last year has also developed a leak around the middle where the two castings meet.
    Its LHD, 1996, 2.5 turbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

karmaan wrote: »
    Ha, no the one replaced last year has also developed a leak around the middle where the two castings meet.
    Its LHD, 1996, 2.5 turbo

Around 50 squids plus delivery from mr augustin in Germany. I would get the one with the cap as cap could be the problem too.
    https://www.axel-augustin.de/shop2/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=1348733080&x=0&y=0

Have you got proper coolant in it, since two have split I would probably rule out a headgasket / overheating issue before throwing another at it.

If you can find someone that does polyethylene welding they could probably vee it out and weld it. There was a fella in clondalkin used to do bike fairings and the like 0894235983

Advertisement