Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crankset compatibility

Options
  • 28-05-2018 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone here can help. Have a Shimano tiagra 4600 groupset. Want to change the chainrings, but see a good deal on the fc-4700 now so it makes sense to buy the crankset. However, I'm not sure it's compatible.

The tech docs

http://productinfo.shimano.com/#/com/2.6?cid=C-453&acid=C-454

State that they should be compatible, but it talks about chain stay length, OLD, and CS angle.

Anyone experience of upgrading or know if they are compatible? I saw on other fora that the pull length is different for the 4700 geoupset but not sure how this would impact a swap of just the crankset.

Any help appreciated !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Well, i've ordered it now so fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Cranksets compatibile. No issues at all with fit. Just in case anyone else is thinking of making a similar upgrade

Advertisement