Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yarmolenko is predominantly a winger so Arnie could still be the main man up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

km79 wrote: »
    DONE DEAL: West Ham confirm the signing of Ukraine striker Andriy Yarmolenko from Borussia Dortmund on a four-year deal - (via @WestHamUtd)

#TransferNews #WHUFC https://t.co/dUALEb4j2L

Arnie no longer a striker ?

From what I've heard arnie up top is what pelligrini is basing his team around Chicarito could be on the move as he doesn't feel the team suits his style they will be looking at a 4-2-3-1 with potentially yarmalenko Anderson and another possibly wilshere behind arnie. Rice is also going to be used more in midfield this year but is listed as a defender in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I will still go sane over Mahrez

Trippier could be good to get in your team if he takes frees like for England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Rotation issue with the four Spurs full backs is a heart-breaker tbh, otherwise Davies would be in my team all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Dr. Bre wrote:

Off hurt now didn't look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Trippier off injured despite England having used all subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Aurier time? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Rotation issue with the four Spurs full backs is a heart-breaker tbh, otherwise Davies would be in my team all day long.
    If Trips was nailed he'd be in my team for 8M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

If Trips was nailed he'd be in my team for 8M.

Quality player and one of the best passers/crossers of the ball in the FB position in the PL. Aurier, as strong as he is, is nowhere near as good a footballer as Trippier, and is also prone to the occasional brainfart (by occasional I mean roughly every game).

It's such a pain in the hoop that Spurs will probably continuously rotate their full backs or I'd be all over them as well for a much higher price as mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Aurier time? :D

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was all for Aurier if Trippier was injured, didn't realise he was 6.0. Bit of a rip off.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

9 Spurs players in the World Cup Semi-finals only Lloris made it through to the final, Spurs might struggle early on. Davies could be a good shout with Trippier injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

GLaDOS wrote:
    Was all for Aurier if Trippier was injured, didn't realise he was 6.0. Bit of a rip off.

They must have pulled that price out of a hat. I'd struggle with 5m even if I though he'd get a run in the team (if Tripp was injured)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Conte gone. Will affect a few teams I’m sure

Conte gone. Will affect a few teams I’m sure

Hazard also likely to leave. He’s been a good fantasy player last few seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Hazard also likely to leave. He’s been a good fantasy player last few seasons

Quite the opposite I felt. A player who’d let you down more often than not.

That’s Alonso done for so

In other news Andy Carroll is injured and water is wet

West Ham United duo Andy Carroll and Winston Reid are expected to miss a "minimum of three months” after suffering setbacks while on the clubs pre-season training camp in Switzerland. Both players will undergo ankle and knee surgery respectively. #WHUFC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

That’s Alonso done for so

In other news Andy Carroll is injured and water is wet

West Ham United duo Andy Carroll and Winston Reid are expected to miss a "minimum of three months” after suffering setbacks while on the clubs pre-season training camp in Switzerland. Both players will undergo ankle and knee surgery respectively. #WHUFC

Good news for Arnie I suppose. :)

Not that Andy was ever really likely to challenge him anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

On a scale of 1 to 10, how prepared are we for the fact that there’s gonna be players who come back from the World Cup a week before the season starts, we rightly stay away for now, and they score a hattrick to enrich the fortunes of casuals everywhere :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how prepared are we for the fact that there’s gonna be players who come back from the World Cup a week before the season starts, we rightly stay away for now, and they score a hattrick to enrich the fortunes of casuals everywhere :)

The usual. Pure panic.

CSF wrote: »
    Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Marko Grujic will be included in the Liverpool squad which begins its pre-season tour of the USA in 8 days. However, Roberto Firmino is not expected to re-join his team-mates until later this month following his involvement for Brazil in Russia. #LFC

Gonna be a nightmare
    I’m fully committed to an early wildcard anyway
    Transfer window will be closed to no need to hold it until then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Marko Grujic will be included in the Liverpool squad which begins its pre-season tour of the USA in 8 days. However, Roberto Firmino is not expected to re-join his team-mates until later this month following his involvement for Brazil in Russia. #LFC

Gonna be a nightmare
    I’m fully committed to an early wildcard anyway
    Transfer window will be closed to no need to hold it until then

Sounds like Firmino is back two weeks before the season starts then, shouldn't be anything to worry about

manual_man wrote: »
    Sounds like Firmino is back two weeks before the season starts then, shouldn't be anything to worry about

Unless he comes back overweight like he did last year
    He is defo in party mode as we speak

Kennedy in at 5ml ......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Trippier not injured...

Anderson at west ham could be good. His stats fir Lazio last season were good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

My team is still on autopick.
    Won't be giving it real thought until August, too many variables now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

https://www.rt.com/sport/433112-mourinho-premier-league-start-world-cup/
    We cannot start the Premier League with our players that were in the World Cup, which is a shame for the most important club competition in Europe,” Mourinho told RT in his exclusive role as a guest pundit.

---

“Three weeks [off], which I think is the minimum that their body and soul needs, and which is the minimum for them to return and think about football again,” Mourinho said, in answer to how long the players would get as a break.

Advertisement