Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Came across an old e-mail. This was my team leading into GW1 for the 2007/08 season:

'James, Carragher, Ingimarsson, Dunne, Lescott, Ronaldo(Captain), Arteta, Fabregas, Reo-Coker, Berbatov, Van Persie

With the following substitutes:

Niemi, Forssell, Teale, Baines(Hamstring injury - expected back Aug)

The Gameweek 1 deadline is 11 Aug 11:30 (UK time).'

Hehe
    That's funny, had a look through my gmail history and seems they used to email you your team on the Thursday night reminding you to make a transfer, with also a "pundit" bit suggesting transfers. For those who complain abotu the Twitter account, this was another level altogether for the casual.

Earliest mail I could find was the end of that season (May 2008)...
    Howard
    Ferdinand Gallas A.Cole Campbell
    Lampard (c) Ronaldo Pienaar
    Tevez Adebayor Young

Subs: Niemi, Bikey, Muamba, Smertin

Was Ashley Young once a FPL striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Shedite27 wrote:
    Was Ashley Young once a FPL striker?

Yea he was back when he was at Watford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

Earliest team I can find was from September 2005

Friedel

Silvestre Finnan Babayaro Ferdinand

Ronaldo Malbranque Fabregas Murphy

Bent Owen(C)

Subs: Kiely, Zamora, Scimeca, Wallwork

I checked and Newcastle drew 0-0 at Portsmouth that week meaning my captain drew a blank.

Also had a look at my team for the final GW of the season I finished 258th in the world, 2009/10.

Hart

Bale Johnson Baines

Etherington Barry Kuyt Lampard

Tevez(C) Bent Drogba

Subs: Sorenson, Figueroa, Ricketts, Jarvis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What was the email address these updates came from?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

One thing that jumps out from those teams....the complete lack of acronyms :pac:

Not a single TAA, AWB, TPT in sight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/martincockshaw/status/1057663137380478977?s=21

Leicester players would be a great investment IMO.

The horrible tragedy is really going to spur them on I think.

Great fixtures until mid-January too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Paully D wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/martincockshaw/status/1057663137380478977?s=21

Leicester players would be a great investment IMO.

The horrible tragedy is really going to spur them on I think.

Great fixtures until mid-January too.

I will keep Maddison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I will keep Maddison

I will still sell smcheichel
    I think they will be mad for goals and continue to concede

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

No Hazard in the Chelsea squad. Thought he'd be on the bench at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Thepoet85 wrote: »

It was on twitter earlier that he wouldn’t be but that he should be good for the weekend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Were people really expecting him to be in the squad for an EFL Cup game at home to Derby? I mean, really?

Wilberto wrote:
    Were people really expecting him to be in the squad for an EFL Cup game at home to Derby? I mean, really?

Yea, imagine using an easier fixture to ease a player back in from injury, madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yea, imagine using an easier fixture to ease a player back in from injury, madness.

:D:D he's only out a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

It was on twitter earlier that he wouldn’t be but that he should be good for the weekend

he's only out a week!

True. I wasn't expecting to see him start tbh, just thought he'd get 15 mins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

True. I wasn't expecting to see him start tbh, just thought he'd get 15 mins.

And what if he got injured again in that 15 minutes? I genuinely think it would have been madness to risk him, personally. As SDJ said, it's not like he's short of match fitness or anything. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Hazards has a bit of a back problem, surely rest is the best thing for him. He won't have lost much fitness in this time. As an owner, I'm delighted he's not involved tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Tough choice this weekend between Billing home to Fulham and Wilson home to Man United, currently have it with Wilson starting as he's in form.

• Advertisement

bantee wrote: »
    Tough choice this weekend between Billing home to Fulham and Wilson home to Man United, currently have it with Wilson starting as he's in form.

I'd go Wilson as well tbh. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

bantee wrote: »

Wilson all day buddy

bantee wrote:

Wilson for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Thanks all, that’s validated it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just saw the Arsenal V Liverpool head to head.

Quietly confident of attacking returns of both Mane and Salah.

Can't wait for the 0-0 it'll be now.

Just saw the Arsenal V Liverpool head to head.

Quietly confident of attacking returns of both Mane and Salah.

Can't wait for the 0-0 it'll be now.

I’ve zero hesitation in captaining Salah.

At home Arsenal will have to come out, trying to play it from the back has been a big problem for them, and I fully expect Liverpool to rip them apart.

I’m serious. It could be 3, 4 or even 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Agree with Klopp. If Liverpool get the first goal, it will get ugly for Arsenal. They say the table never lies but I think this Arsenal team are light years behind Liverpool unlike the table currently suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

I will probably jinx my team now, but is there a lot less injuries in the premier league nowadays with all the rotation?
    I remember having players particularly from the Top 6 just because another player was injured. Nowadays nobody is injured and the squads are massive giving us all massive headaches. 
    Pope last season would be an example, I even remember sticking Lord Bendtner in my team once upon a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

I will probably jinx my team now, but is there a lot less injuries in the premier league nowadays with all the rotation?
    I remember having players particularly from the Top 6 just because another player was injured. Nowadays nobody is injured and the squads are massive giving us all massive headaches. 
    Pope last season would be an example, I even remember sticking Lord Bendtner in my team once upon a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Strongly considering selling Aguero for a cheap striker in GW12 and getting Mané in for the Fulham game to double up with Salah. Mané can be swapped for KDB then at some stage. Aguero isn't scoring away and after the derby, they have 3 away games in 4.

Advertisement