Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Poppys on the jerseys this week...hope james mcclean doesnt play ff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Quieter than normal in here this Friday, folks must be pleased with their teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

POKERKING wrote: »
    Poppys on the jerseys this week...hope james mcclean doesnt play ff!

They don't all have them though - Iheanacho and Schindler don't have it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

How many more weeks will People give Salah,he hasnt delivered to the price tag hes at.He still have a very high ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

How many more weeks will People give Salah,he hasnt delivered to the price tag hes at.He still have a very high ownership.

He has 23 points in the last two weeks. Why would people sell him now?

• Advertisement

Salah in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I don't know why I'm holding on to Vardy. Arnautovic in. Even though Vardy unlucky today. Hit a post and had another effort cleared off the line by a defenders hand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

gammygils wrote: »
    I don't know why I'm holding on to Vardy. Arnautovic in. Even though Vardy unlucky today. Hit a post and had another effort cleared off the line by a defenders hand

Same as Maddy, don’t know how I ended up with him in tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So Wilson: is it a case of hold him if you have him and don't buy if you don't? He's hard to ignore now at this stage.

So today has confirmed that I need to offload Maddison, Martial in for GW13 me thinks

• Advertisement

bantee wrote: »
    So today has confirmed that I need to offload Maddison, Martial in for GW13 me thinks

100% in the same boat

bantee wrote: »

100% in the same boat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anybody thinking of West Ham's Diangana. Only 4.5m and grabbed an assist today. Seems to be a starter now since Yarmolenko's injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Anybody thinking of West Ham's Diangana. Only 4.5m and grabbed an assist today. Seems to be a starter now since Yarmolenko's injury.

I posted in the players to watch thread that he has the spot to lose now looked good today and has a lovely run coming probably the pick of the 4.5s now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

So annoying with Maddison. Every week he shows promise and comes close but no baps. I’d like Wilson in but the fixtures slightly off putting. I’ve Mitro on Monday but Fulham look like a b team at the minute, so best wait.

Think I might have to sort Maddison out this week. Barkley or Richarlison back in probably :/ that fixture though. He’s been pretty unlucky not to have notched something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

-=al=- wrote: »
    So annoying with Maddison. Every week he shows promise and comes close but no baps. I’d like Wilson in but the fixtures slightly off putting. I’ve Mitro on Monday but Fulham look like a b team at the minute, so best wait.

Think I might have to sort Maddison out this week. Barkley or Richarlison back in probably :/ that fixture though. He’s been pretty unlucky not to have notched something

Giving Maddison one for more week with that nice home fixture before upgrading to Martial after the internationals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think long term my next transfers will be

Robertson to Zabaleta
    Salah to Mane
    Maddison to Sterling

Then

Fabianski to Alison

Though likely I will abandon this next week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Martial is the player I’d like the most but difficult to know who to get rid of. I’ve Sterling, Hazard, Ricki and Mane in the middle with Ward. Aguero and Arnie (just last nite) up front along with Firmino. Firmino has been stinking the place out but they have great fixtures.
    Not sure what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Green&Red wrote: »
    Martial is the player I’d like the most but difficult to know who to get rid of. I’ve Sterling, Hazard, Ricki and Mane in the middle with Ward. Aguero and Arnie (just last nite) up front along with Firmino. Firmino has been stinking the place out but they have great fixtures.
    Not sure what to do

Pool do have great fixtures but if you're set on Martial Firmino & Ward out to Martial & 6/6.1mil forward doesn't look awful. only issue would be who to pick as 3rd forward... don't want a benching headache

Pool do have great fixtures but if you're set on Martial Firmino & Ward out to Martial & 6/6.1mil forward doesn't look awful. only issue would be who to pick as 3rd forward... don't want a benching headache

Go with Success & upgrade to premium defender following week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

Just wondering. I have made a transfer which I want to keep. Can I now Free Hit and still keep this transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just wondering. I have made a transfer which I want to keep. Can I now Free Hit and still keep this transfer?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone concerned Salah may not start at the weekend? I’m going off memory here but if I remember correctly he has had a heavy workload of minutes of late and if you’re ever going to rest him, this fixture may be the perfect one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone concerned Salah may not start at the weekend? I’m going off memory here but if I remember correctly he has had a heavy workload of late.

Not in the slightest bit concerned. However i would be concerned about the liverpool attack i just dont think its functioning this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone concerned Salah may not start at the weekend? I’m going off memory here but if I remember correctly he has had a heavy workload of minutes of late and if you’re ever going to rest him, this fixture may be the perfect one.

No midweek game last week, 5 days till the Fulham game. No danger of him being rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not in the slightest bit concerned. However i would be concerned about the liverpool attack i just dont think its functioning this year.

Do you have any theories as to why this is? From what I've seen, the decision making in the final third is something that seems off at times compared to last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do you have any theories as to why this is? From what I've seen, the decision making in the final third is something that seems off at times compared to last season.

Salah and Mane don't seem to pass it to each other as much this season, there have times when the right ball was to square it and they take the shot themselves, whereas last year they would have passed it. Mane has no assist this season at all.

I also don't think Bobby is firing on all cylinders - not sure what is up with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think firmino has been way off form this year and he is the player that makes liverpool function as he is such a clever player. I also think they are lacking a midfielder that will drive forward with the ball like ox or Can did last year.Their midfield is very predictable and no real creativity. Keita was supposed to be that player but it hasnt quite happened for him yet. I just dont get the sense when watching them that they are going to score many goals. I think the start of the season was fine but since napoli in the CL there has been a few very poor attacking performances. Napoli away, tonight, city at home, huddersfield away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Got Holebas in GW 5..

Before I got him: 13, 2, 9, 10

After I got him: 0, 1, 1, -1, 0, 0, 1

Mother of Christ. And I still have him.

Advertisement