Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Like others I have been looking at ways of downgrading my defence to get a team including Salah, Hazard, Sterling and Aguero.

My team presently:

Fabianski
    Mendy, Gomez, Alonso
    Salah, Hazard, Fraser, Richarlison
    Aguero, Arnie, Ings
    Subs: Speroni, Gunnarsson, AWB, Kelly

With a -4 due to having two free transfers I could do:

Mendy to Doherty
    Alonso to David Luiz
    Richarlison to Sterling

Would only leave 0.1 in the bank and leave me with:

Fabianski
    Doherty, Gomez, David Luiz
    Salah, Hazard, Fraser, Sterling
    Aguero, Arnie, Ings

Problems:
    Ings injury and no cash to upgrade him.
    No Spurs cover.

I have yet to use a wildcard though.

Id recommend digne if moving away from a premium defence. Everton have great home fixtures and he is as attacking as any full baxk in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Strongly considering Richi as Captain next week.

Auguero away doesn't return much.
    Salah/mane away to Watford meh
    Richi home to Cardiff
    Thinking exact same myself, fancy him to nick a goal in this game too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Richi home to Cardiff

Next week is the end of the Salah/hazard straight forward home fixtures for Capt. Only time I've gone outside these was when they played each other. Was hazard that week. 12/12 for attacking returns from Capt so far. Didn't Capt haz or aguero for their hat tricks tho.

Next weekend is interesting alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Richi home to Cardiff

Yeah no obvious pick next week really makes for a nice change we should actually get some differential options. It seemed improbable at the start of the season but even someone like Doherty is a legit option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah no obvious pick next week really makes for a nice change we should actually get some differential options. It seemed improbable at the start of the season but even someone like Doherty is a legit option!

Last time there was no standout in my team I went with mitro
    My only fail of the season
    Ricky is liable to go either way too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Going off with a groin injury today might scupper that plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

bantee wrote: »
    Going off with a groin injury today might scupper that plan

Jamie Carragher even mentioned in commentary it may be an ''international break'' groin strain ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

He has 2 weeks to recover and Cardiff at home next

I was going to bring him in

There will probably be a few "knocks" after the games today

Lemlin wrote: »
    Jamie Carragher even mentioned in commentary it may be an ''international break'' groin strain ;)

He has only recently broke into Brazilian squad
    I doubt it is an int injury tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’ve brought in Martial to try and solve that problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Doherty could be genius. Might seriously consider that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Martial at Home has to be one of the front runners given his returns. Given his price and returns I can't see why there is such a poor ownership.

Based on the definition of form, he's head and shoulders above anyone else at the moment.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Martial at Home has to be one of the front runners given his returns. Given his price and returns I can't see why there is such a poor ownership.

Based on the definition of form, he's head and shoulders above anyone else at the moment.

Definitely a good option alright. Probably one of around ten who could reasonably be considered.

FHFC wrote: »
    Doherty could be genius. Might seriously consider that!!

If he's gets a double digit score I'll take a 10% commission!

Just to give people the heads up. Gw 15 is a midweek round of fixtures and I see gws 14-16 being the most heavily rotated period of the season even worse than xmas this year. Liverpool play CL psg wed, gw 14 eve sun, gw 15 burnley wed, gw 16 bournemouth sat, Cl napoli tues. Id expect both fbs to not start a league game, mane, firmino and possibly even salah.
    City have Lyon away tuesday, gw 14 bournemouth sat, gw 15 watford tues, gw 16 chelsea sat. I think jesus will get a start over aguero in one of those league games . Mendy and possibly sterling to get a rest. Id be getting a fully playing bench for this 3 games in a week period. I also think it may be one of the safer times to veer from the template a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Just to give people the heads up. Gw 15 is a midweek round of fixtures and I see gws 14-16 being the most heavily rotated period of the season even worse than xmas this year. Liverpool play CL psg wed, gw 14 eve sun, gw 15 burnley wed, gw 16 bournemouth sat, Cl napoli tues. Id expect both fbs to not start a league game, mane, firmino and possibly even salah.
    City have Lyon away tuesday, gw 14 bournemouth sat, gw 15 watford tues, gw 16 chelsea sat. I think jesus will get a start over aguero in one of those league games . Mendy and possibly sterling to get a rest. Id be getting a fully playing bench for this 3 games in a week period. I also think it may be one of the safer times to veer from the template a bit.
    Would thank you a hundred times for this if I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Think I'll avoid investing any further in CL teams between now and then. I'll have 4 from City and Liverpool and will leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Veering from the template is the most important part to take away from that right? Kthanksbyee!! :D

I was gonna take 2 bits to get sterling and hazard in to B.B. in 14 .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Veering from the template is the most important part to take away from that right? Kthanksbyee!! :D

Ah. But is your version of veering from template actually going full template?

200w.gif

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I was gonna take 2 bits to get sterling and hazard in to B.B. in 14 .........

I think bournemouth is a dodgy one for city rotation. They will go full strength against lyona few days before to top the group. Then bournemouth at home is their easiest of the three league games in a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've read a few people mention about "fixtures turning" around GW15. Is there a post or article somewhere about that?

Or does anyone have a list of who it gets significantly easier/harder for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've read a few people mention about "fixtures turning" around GW15. Is there a post or article somewhere about that?

Or does anyone have a list of who it gets significantly easier/harder for

Better
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Palace
    United

Worse
    Everton
    Leicster
    Brighton
    Watford
    City (still not awful mind)
    Pool (still not awful mind)

The convenient Salah/Aguero cap at home to a pretty crappy team comes to an end next week as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

703-CBEFF-EDA7-4-B54-8-DEC-FBD1-E9230-A78.jpg

Very handy list of fixtures from best to worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

How is Fulham (a) not a green fixture?

Guessing that's a typo as it's green for Huddersfield and Wolves and they don't have an Arnie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It is. Must have been a mistake in that cell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

how are Liverpool 4th from bottom on handy fixtures. City away in GW21 might be tough but you'd argue that almost all the others are playing for relegation and mid table mediocrity at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    how are Liverpool 4th from bottom on handy fixtures. City away in GW21 might be tough but you'd argue that almost all the others are playing for relegation and mid table mediocrity at best.

Utd, Arsenal, Everton & City thrown in with 3 away fixtures to Watford Bournemouth & Wolves who are all playing well this season (all in Top 10)

They are definitely bottom half when it comes to easy fixtures

• Advertisement

703-CBEFF-EDA7-4-B54-8-DEC-FBD1-E9230-A78.jpg

Very handy list of fixtures from best to worst.

Been looking for something like this for ages.

Can usually only find one for 6 games in advance but would prefer to be able to see the next 10 fixtures fresh every week.

Never agree with the rating of difficulty but it’s a handy fixture reference.

Still might learn to make my own though.

This one tool alone does most of my work for making transfers.

Advertisement