Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Been looking for something like this for ages.

Can usually only find one for 6 games in advance but would prefer to be able to see the next 10 fixtures fresh every week.

Never agree with the rating of difficulty but it’s a handy fixture reference.

Still might learn to make my own though.

This one tool alone does most of my work for making transfers.

Do you use FFS? You can set ur own difficulty for fixtures AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Wondering how people are getting on with goalkeepers?

Seems to me that taking a points per million wise having pretty much any 4.5 like Hart, Ryan, Patricio etc with a 4.0 is the way to go.

Ederson is 10/15 points ahead of those but for a million more and Lloris and especially De Gea are proving exceptionally bad value.

Anyone managed to rotate two 4.5s to get a high score? Or manage to time a transfer so you’ve got good returns from two?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Do you use FFS? You can set ur own difficulty for fixtures AFAIK

I do use it and paid for it first time this year.

It’s terrible on iPhone as the member area is built for desktop. I think.

Anyway, whenever I’m trying to zoom in or out I accidentally alter other **** so I just don’t use it.

My needs are simple. Just a big dirty table of fixtures, alphabetical order is fine, in portrait that I can zoom in and out of. And one that updates weekly so next fixture is always the first fixture in the table.

I am technology disabled and would be a modern day Luddite.

I have been trying to make time to sit down with my partner and make one so hopefully we get a chance to do it during the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was about to say the FFS should be no problem to use on a mobile but just tried it out there and I also started changing rankings accidentally. I obviously only look at it properly on a desktop. Fantastic tool though. Just take a screenshot with your phone each week when you visit the page and use a gallery app to zoom in and out.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I was about to say the FFS should be no problem to use on a mobile but just tried it out there and I also started changing rankings accidentally. I obviously only look at it properly on a desktop. Fantastic tool though. Just take a screenshot with your phone each week when you visit the page and use a gallery app to zoom in and out.

Cheers.

I do something similar but no idea what a gallery app is.

I follow someone on twitter (for this sole reason) that releases a table each week so I screenshot that but it’s only the next 6 fixtures.

• Advertisement

Cheers.

I do something similar but no idea what a gallery app is.

I follow someone on twitter (for this sole reason) that releases a table each week so I screenshot that but it’s only the next 6 fixtures.
    I just meant whatever app you use to view your images, I'm assuming it allows you to zoom in and out.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I just meant whatever app you use to view your images, I'm assuming it allows you to zoom in and out.

Sorry. I just screenshot and zoom in or out on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I do use it and paid for it first time this year.

It’s terrible on iPhone as the member area is built for desktop. I think.

Anyway, whenever I’m trying to zoom in or out I accidentally alter other **** so I just don’t use it.

My needs are simple. Just a big dirty table of fixtures, alphabetical order is fine, in portrait that I can zoom in and out of. And one that updates weekly so next fixture is always the first fixture in the table.

I am technology disabled and would be a modern day Luddite.

I have been trying to make time to sit down with my partner and make one so hopefully we get a chance to do it during the international break.

Love is..........

Green&Red wrote: »
    Love is..........

Two different types of contraception methods employed.

That won’t be happening.

We are free time lovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Utd, Arsenal, Everton & City thrown in with 3 away fixtures to Watford Bournemouth & Wolves who are all playing well this season (all in Top 10)

They are definitely bottom half when it comes to easy fixtures

As a Pool fan, none of these teams are close to them in terms of form this year. And we haven't clicked yet. Hard to score against and likely there's goals in all those games. 6 in last 2 games against Watford. OK teams but levels behind surely

It's a basic yet useful table for predicting FPL scoring opportunities. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 games out of 9 against the bottom 10. And if you'd have 'clicked' already then the difficulty ratings would be adjusted accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    As a Pool fan, none of these teams are close to them in terms of form this year. And we haven't clicked yet. Hard to score against and likely there's goals in all those games. 6 in last 2 games against Watford. OK teams but levels behind surely

It doesn't matter how good the team is. It's how good the opposition are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Maybe you're both right.that being said if a comparative of remaining was taken to last year against all teams, ignoring Wolves promotion, it's not a bad record for Liverpool fantasy football wise.

25 goals, 9 clean sheets

The loss to City was huge but 13 goals, for none conceded home and away to Bournemouth and Watford.

The table must not take the previous season results into account. It's all I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Wondering how people are getting on with goalkeepers?

Seems to me that taking a points per million wise having pretty much any 4.5 like Hart, Ryan, Patricio etc with a 4.0 is the way to go.

Ederson is 10/15 points ahead of those but for a million more and Lloris and especially De Gea are proving exceptionally bad value.

Anyone managed to rotate two 4.5s to get a high score? Or manage to time a transfer so you’ve got good returns from two?

Patricio and fab rotate very very nicely for the next 10 or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jokanovic sacked by Fulham and replaced by Ranieri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Jokanovic sacked by Fulham and replaced by Ranieri

Ranieri Up
    Jokanivic Down

Lovely stuff
    Was keeping him for that game and then moving on
    He actually has a really good run over Xmas
    If he could get suspended for either of the 2 tough games and looks like they are improving I think I’ll keep him
    Have a lot of other fires to put out !

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

VAR confirmed for next season. Think there will be an increase in the price of penalty takers? Will definitely be including a few in my first drafts as I think there will be a lot of penalties given in the first few weeks/months
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46224473

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

CSWS101 wrote: »
    VAR confirmed for next season. Think there will be an increase in the price of penalty takers? Will definitely be including a few in my first drafts as I think there will be a lot of penalties given in the first few weeks/months
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46224473

The FPL powers that be might think so too and bump known takers up by a half million or 1. More likely take a point off a penalty goal.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    The FPL powers that be might think so too and bump known takers up by a half million or 1. More likely take a point off a penalty goal.

Can't see them taking a point off a penalty goal.

By that logic they should also increase goalkeepers by .5 in case they save it !

It will all settle down after a few weeks .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Will Delph take mendys place now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just looking at the fixtures there. Those teams involved in the CL have between 10-12 games each between next Saturday gw13 and Jan1st... roughly 38 days... basically a game every 3rd or 4th day for the next 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

jamesbere wrote: »
    Will Delph take mendys place now?

I got in stones ahead of laporte, he's now playing 90 mins regularly, costs 5.3 and has the same minutes per point (18.6) as Laporte.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭columbd

Hi there

If you have some time (~10 mins) over the international break, I'd be very grateful (if you haven't already) to fill out this survey on Fantasy Football and Internet Addiction. Here's a quick link to the survey

https://sjogh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/fantasyfootball

And the separate thread is on the main Fantasy Sports Arena forum. We're around 100 responses short so if anyone could do it I'd be very grateful.

Thank you

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

On same subject of Mendy replacements.

What are people's thoughts?

Is Delph the most clear cut LB option for Pep?

With Danilo and Zinchenko the other possibilities at LB or Sane as a very long shot.

I'm thinking Stones as my 'safer' transfer if there isnt a clear replacement at LB.

Holebas will be mostly up against Shaqiri and Salah at the weekend.

Wonder will he get 2 yellows or just a straight red.

A betting man could make a few quid and maybe Liverpool to get a penalty too.

Without taking the European thread off topic, in reply to Shero
    City away for captaincy. I've only got Aguero as an attacking option. His returns away from home have been quite poor.

I don't have the stats off hand but I think it's like 3PPG? If even.

Richarlison for me. It's been in my gut since Last GW. Barring a late training injury nothing is changing that for me. Expect him to be quite high up this week in expected points with Bookies also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Without taking the European thread off topic, in reply to Shero
    City away for captaincy. I've only got Aguero as an attacking option. His returns away from home have been quite poor.

I don't have the stats off hans but I think it's like 3PPG? If even.

Richarlison for me. It's been in my gut since Last GW. Barring a late training injury nothing is changing that for me. Expect him to be quite high up this week in expected points with Bookies also.

+1 for this he scored for Brazil during the break too and Cardiff are second to Burnley in shots faced I think I read? Between him and hazard for me leaning to richi atm

Advertisement