Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Yep Richi for me too, had the armband on him since last GW ended, no point in changing now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tempted by Richarlison myself, but Salah and Martial with the form they are on I’d consider slightly safer.

Definitely an exciting prospect tho

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Interesting stat I read on twitter. In the 8 games hazard has started alonso has 0 goals and 2 assists and has averaged 5.5 pts. When hazard doesnt start alonso averages over 10 pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Interesting stat I read on twitter. In the 8 games hazard has started alonso has 0 goals and 2 assists and has averaged 5.5 pts. When hazard doesnt start alonso averages over 10 pts.
    I remember digging into a similar stat from a few weeks ago and my conclusion was that there was no correlation. Pretty sure what's happened since then further confirms my suspicion that it's nothing to worry about as an owner of both.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I remember digging into a similar stat from a few weeks ago and my conclusion was that there was no correlation. Pretty sure what's happened since then further confirms my suspicion that it's nothing to worry about as an owner of both.

I have luiz over alonso so need stats like that to help me sleep at night.

• Advertisement

Did those stats come from a FPL resource? Because he has more than 2 FPL assists when Hazard started I think.

I'd imagine that Alonso stat is more of an anomaly that anything else.

Hazzard has pretty much a free role when he plays and he vacates the left wing position much more then the likes of Willian or whomever else might play there.

Alonso is nearly always the one who gets into that space and it effects Barkely or Kosavic much more, as they have to drop once Alonso gets forward.

What I dont get is why Sarri doesn't play Kante there and Barkley in the more attacking RCM slot

Yeah, the average points stat is an anomaly. The assists stat seems to be selective word choice. I think it's also true to say that 5 of alonso's 7 FPL assists have come when hazard is on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I did a post awhile ago on the Alonso and Hazard correlation. Didn't really find much to be honest taking into account opposition etc

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Did those stats come from a FPL resource? Because he has more than 2 FPL assists when Hazard started I think.

The stat is wrong . Lesson learnt dont believe everything you read on twitter. It seems he has 4 assists when hazard started and 5 when hazard is on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The stat is wrong . Lesson learnt dont believe everything you read on twitter. It seems he has 4 assists when hazard started and 5 when hazard is on the pitch.

That's even more confusing :D

He has two traditional assists in the games hazard didn't start which wouldn't count the 2 extra FPL assists he has for winning a penalty and forcing an OG. Very misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Can’t decide whether to bring in Coleman, chilwell or Duffy for mendy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Difficult benching decision this week - Robertson, Arnie or Fraser. Leaning towards Robertson at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Difficult benching decision this week - Robertson, Arnie or Fraser. Leaning towards Robertson at the moment.

Ideally none of them !!!!
    But he would be the last of the 3 I’d bench
    Of those 3 it would be a toss up between fraser and Arnie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I’d bench Fraser out of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

If you have a city defender, maybe bench Arnie, but would feel a bit weird. Fraser good form and Arsenal don’t really keep clean sheets so I’d opt for that

I wouldn’t really bench Robertson as he’s always in for a cs and attacking returns

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm in a Arnie vs Bennett situation myself. Think I'll stick with Arnie.

km79 wrote: »
    Ideally none of them !!!!
    But he would be the last of the 3 I’d bench
    Of those 3 it would be a toss up between fraser and Arnie

Yeah I've Doherty, Alonso and Keane starting so can't bench any of those. Feels wrong benching Arnie so Fraser will probably be the most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yeah I've Doherty, Alonso and Keane starting so can't bench any of those. Feels wrong benching Arnie so Fraser will probably be the most likely.

Robertson over Keane anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've a similar dilemma and Brooks is getting benched

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Good to go?
    Hart

Bennett, Robertson, Alonso, Digne

Ricky, Salah, Hazard, Ozil

Arnie, Wilson

Will finally get Aguero back in next week at the expense of Wilson and Ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Good to go?
    Hart

Bennett, Robertson, Alonso, Digne

Ricky, Salah, Hazard, Ozil

Arnie, Wilson

Will finally get Aguero back in next week at the expense of Wilson and Ozil

U need City cover !

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Robertson over Keane anyways

Really? Pool have conceded in 4 of their 6 away games. Cardiff have had no goal threat away from home, will definitely be starting Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Really? Pool have conceded in 4 of their 6 away games. Cardiff have had no goal threat away from home, will definitely be starting Keane.

Cardiff have actually scored in 2 of their last 3 away games (vs Liverpool and Chelsea)

manual_man wrote: »
    Cardiff have actually scored in 2 of their last 3 away games (vs Liverpool and Chelsea)

Forgot about that. They're second lowest for attempts away from home though I think so hopefully they'll keep that up tomorrow :)

Forgot about that. They're second lowest for attempts away from home though I think so hopefully they'll keep that up tomorrow :)

Everton definitely looked much improved in defense in their last game. Though obviously they set up to defend away to Chelsea, at home to Cardiff they'll be much more on the front foot you'd imagine. Quite a lot getting in Everton defense, I'm wary. I went for Doherty over an Everton defender

Patricio
    Digne doherty robertson
    Kenedy salah schurrle hazard ricky
    Aguero wilson
    Is my team. I have 2.5 ITB. Tempted to roll my transfer. Options are schurrle to martial, ings to jiminez and then bench kenedy. Any opinions on the above or other suggestions.

manual_man wrote: »
    Everton definitely looked much improved in defense in their last game. Though obviously they set up to defend away to Chelsea, at home to Cardiff they'll be much more on the front foot you'd imagine. Quite a lot getting in Everton defense, I'm wary. I went for Doherty over an Everton defender

I've had Doherty for a while, very happy with team now for this week so we know that means - it'll probably be a disaster!

• Advertisement

Patricio
    Digne doherty robertson
    Kenedy salah schurrle hazard ricky
    Aguero wilson
    Is my team. I have 2.5 ITB. Tempted to roll my transfer. Options are schurrle to martial, ings to jiminez and then bench kenedy. Any opinions on the above or other suggestions.

Get in Jimenez. Ings will only continue to break your heart

Advertisement