Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Did anyone else hear on the TFS podcast that Watford have a new option up front now that their 21 year old Venezuelan forward has finally got a work permit.

Could mean less time for the current 4 players jostling for game time up front.

Patricio
    Digne doherty robertson
    Kenedy salah schurrle hazard ricky
    Aguero wilson
    Is my team. I have 2.5 ITB. Tempted to roll my transfer. Options are schurrle to martial, ings to jiminez and then bench kenedy. Any opinions on the above or other suggestions.

Dilemma alright.

First thought was Ings out but benching Kennedy against Burnley could bite you. I fancy Newcastle to beat them.

I also wouldn’t like the weekly decision over 3-5-2 or 3-4-3.

I think Claudio will be focused on defence and even though Schurrle shoots on sight it might pay to get on what might becone a very fast moving Martial train earlier than most.

Or let it roll and decide next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My problem with martial is its still rashford, lingard , martial, mata, lukaku and sanchez for 3 spots. I know martial is having a good time of it lately but I always feel with lingard, martial, mata and rashford they are only a bad half away from spending weeks out of the team.

My problem with martial is its still rashford, lingard , martial, mata, lukaku and sanchez for 3 spots. I know martial is having a good time of it lately but I always feel with lingard, martial, mata and rashford they are only a bad half away from spending weeks out of the team.

And I would agree with all of that too.

Iirc you don’t mind a strong bench and weekly decisions but I don’t like it at all.

If bringing in Jimenez, in your case, I’d have to downgrade a midfielder. Jimenez looks real good and I brought him in for this GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I flagged this up with Mane early in the season too and it turned out to be accurate - with Martial it’s worth considering that he has a ridiculously high, unsustainable conversion rate at the moment.

Mane’s at the time was 40% which not even the worlds best strikers can sustain and Martial’s isn’t quite that high, but I believe he’s at 30 odd percent at the moment which is going to regress sooner or later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Paully D wrote: »
    I flagged this up with Mane early in the season too and it turned out to be accurate - with Martial it’s worth considering that he has a ridiculously high, unsustainable conversion rate at the moment.

Mane’s at the time was 40% which not even the worlds best strikers can sustain and Martial’s isn’t quite that high, but I believe he’s at 30 odd percent at the moment which is going to regress sooner or later.

One thing on Martial is he has been having enough shots that when he does regress he could still be very good at his price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I've always regarded Martial as clinical.
    He's an intelligent player imo who'll work a one-two instead of the 25 yarder. For the game I'd bemoan his lack of shooting but the main concern is Jose and his defensive tendency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear on the TFS podcast that Watford have a new option up front now that their 21 year old Venezuelan forward has finally got a work permit.

Could mean less time for the current 4 players jostling for game time up front.

Heard that, winger, looked up his stats, 4 goals in 9 three years ago in Spain but then none in 16 for Malaga last season. Doesn’t look an option unless his assists are outstanding.

Could lessen the appeal of other assets there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Which one do I leave out of Fraser, Wilson and Mitrovic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

eagle eye wrote: »
    Which one do I leave out of Fraser, Wilson and Mitrovic?

I'd bench Fraser. The other two have better scoring odds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

dsmythy wrote: »
    One thing on Martial is he has been having enough shots that when he does regress he could still be very good at his price.

Plus Man Utds good fixtures should see him get more chances to shoot too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Into week 13 of a LMS, four left, I’m on Wolves, two on United and one with Burnley. Sign of the times when united are left until the 13th pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Fraser, Murray, Arnie

2 positions, who should start?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Fraser, Murray, Arnie

I'd go first two personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dempsey wrote: »
    Fraser, Murray, Arnie

Murray and Arnie for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fraser and Arnie if it was me

I see we haven't helped much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Dempsey wrote:
    Fraser, Murray, Arnie

Murray and Arnie for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'd go with Murray anyway as Brighton are at home.

After that, toss a coin between Arnie and Fraser I'd say! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I was happy with my team this morning, now I want to rip it all up.

This game!!!!!

Hazard, Salah or Aguero out to facilitate Sterling. I know it's Fulham next for Hazard but he's such a long term FF troll for me

What are people thoughts on Sterling Kane vs Aguero Salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Salah makes the most sense as the fall guy as Haz has Fulhsm next. However I find it hard to sell him. I managed to get sterling Haz salah and Aguero so I’m pretty chill with that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

naughtb4 wrote: »

This game!!!!!

Hazard, Salah or Aguero out to facilitate Sterling. I know it's Fulham next for Hazard but he's such a long term FF troll for me

Same here i never can own hazard at the right time and he always scores big when I sell. Have had him 5 gws now think its 6 pts he has got me.

He's gone after Fulham for me regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

This game!!!!!

I'm not sold on Kane at all - I haven't seen a game where he looked liked scoring. Luis turned his back on the shot yesterday cause he didn't want the ball hitting him.

Even the game for England were they gave him 2 goal - one was an O.G and the other a mis-hit shot the tricked in.

For 12.3m he should be scoring a lot more goals ala Salah before I would be trying to fit him in.

Ace2007 wrote: »

This game!!!!!

I'm not sold on Kane at all - I haven't seen a game where he looked liked scoring. Luis turned his back on the shot yesterday cause he didn't want the ball hitting him.

Even the game for England were they gave him 2 goal - one was an O.G and the other a mis-hit shot the tricked in.

For 12.3m he should be scoring a lot more goals ala Salah before I would be trying to fit him in.

Yeah I think it's just my need to have a premium striker, the three behind look better options

I do like Kane playing every game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Son is on my watchlist - he tends to go on a run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Son is on my watchlist - he tends to go on a run
    Yeah definitely, have loads of cash at the moment so thinking of bringing him in for Brooks (usually first sub) and having a strong team for December. Wouldn't really fear Arsenal next week, if Spurs can rip Chelsea up, they can do similar to Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Three wins in a row for Newcastle. A few weeks ago I thought this was a kind fixture for Arnautovic. Not so sure now. Newcastle now above West Ham in the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

Is GW 14 part of November or December?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

GEM_13 wrote: »
    Is GW 14 part of November or December?

Starts in november so thats your answer

Advertisement